User Reviews for Prevpac

Learn more about Prevpac.

Prevpac Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 47 medications used in the treatment of Helicobacter Pylori Infection.

Reviews for Prevpac to treat Helicobacter Pylori Infection

"After reading some reviews I was skeptical when I picked this medicine up from the pharmacy but decided to give it a try. I just finished my 14 day treatment of prevpac and I did not experience any side effects from the treatment. I took 4 pills every morning with oatmeal and toast at 6am, then took the other 4 with my evening meal at 6pm. When I arrived at work around 830am I ate a cup of activia yogurt with water. At lunch time I ate a small lunch and took one Phillips colon health probiotic. At 4 pm I ate another cup of yogurt. I hope this helps someone with the medication. Hopefully this treatment cured my H pylori!!!"

Feeling better!!! (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2016

"Not too bad, this is my second time taking the medication. The first time I was given lansoprazole, amoxicillin and METRONIDAZOLE which I had major side effects and after reading horror story reviews I stopped at day 5 of 7. Later found out it was the metronidazole that caused my horrible side effects. Now I'm on the course again, but instead of metronidazole I was prescribed CLARITHROMYCIN which IS SO MUCH BETTER!!! Apart from the occasional nausea and metallic/bitter taste, I've had no other side effect and it's helped increase my appetite. I'm on day 4 of 7 now, and have high hopes for this drug. Will update after I finish the treatment."

VW (taken for less than 1 month) November 13, 2016

"I have had ulcers, stomach pain and digestive issues for 6 years. Doctors were no help always prescribing PPI's or H2 Blockers. Emergency Doc gave me Prevpac. I have experienced minimal side effects. I had diarrhea once so far. I'm on day 9 and I have been taking a 50 billion probiotic at lunch and a 20 billion probiotic at bedtime. My 50 billion probiotic has to be refrigerated. Overall I am feeling pretty good. No stomach pain and my bowel movements are normal for the first time in my life. Even though I hate antibiotics this on seems to be working well. I will however wean myself off the Previcid so avoid rebound acid. Oh and all meds affect me, but this one is ok. Anything is better that what I have had to deal with over the years."

MJEC November 11, 2016

"Been prescribed this for the second time. (First time Metronidazole, Lansoprazole and amoxicillin with severe side effects so I had to stop taking it, including nausea 97% of the time, abdominal cramps, loss of appetite). This is a 7 day treatment. Just finished day 1 of the medication. Took my first dose this morning, had no side effects for 4 hours. I went back to sleep and woke up with a STRONG metallic taste in my mouth that I couldn't flush out. Taken my second dose after dinner and now suffering from upper back pain on my left side. Not sure if it's a side effect from the medication. Also my guts are moving a lot more as if there's wind trapped inside. These are side effects I can handle for 7 days, hoping I don't get severe nausea"

VincciW November 11, 2016

"I am halfway through treatment for HPilori bacterial infection. I haven't experience side effects like some have mentioned because I was told to take PROBIOTICS while on this treatment to put good bacteria back in my system. I had previously had treatment for another problem and took antibiotics but not a probiotic and had awful side effects that took time to clear up. This time when I took probiotics with the BP Pac the results were excellent! I only have the acid taste in my mouth and feel a little tired but otherwise no other side effects. Wonderful!! The probiotic should be taken between the two doses and not with the dose."

Flygirl63 August 23, 2016

"First of all, believe that the doctor had evaluated and decided that this drug has more benefits than the side effects for you. Every medicine has side effects. I completed my 14 days of prevpac today. I was having unexplained upper right stomach pain and sometimes diarrhea once or twice in a week. Initially thought its gallstones - but ultrasound confirmed its not. All blood work was normal. Upper endoscopy did not figure out any ulcers. Finally,did a stool test and confirmed the presence of h.pylori antigen and i was recommended prevpac for 14 days. I had few side effects. Headache in the evening,Mild stomach cramps, Bitter taste in mouth (specifically in the morning). Im feeling perfect nw. Be positive and that supplements the med"

Muralilee2000 (taken for less than 1 month) August 19, 2016

"Reading these reviews and at least good to know im not the only one who has struggled with H. Pylori. Saw multiple doctors...all brushed it off. Was finally scheduled for an upper endoscopy. Prior to the appt felt the worst ever. Symptoms over months had progressed from stomach pain and acid reflux (managed with 40mg prilosec twice a day) to fatigue, burping, chest pains, liver and spleen pain, feeling confused and delirious, diarrhea. Finally a walkin clinic dr ordered a stool sample test. Im on day 3 of PrevPac and feeling better. Metallic taste in the AM bug goes away. Loading up on probiotics...highly reccommended. Definately need to take with food. Ill have to retest in about a month but hoping this works! Best of luck to everyone!!!"

Finally some relief August 15, 2016

"I will take this medicine the rest of my life if it means no more bacteria. I know that's an exaggeration. I have had diarrhea everyday, which is burning my skin around my Anus. I can live with anything as long as I'm on the right path to recovery. The diarrhea occurs all day long, without much time to get to the bathroom. But I expect many bowel movements since I'm ridding myself of a digestive bacteria. I highly recommend this medicine pack, with positive thoughts of 100% recovery in my near future."

TammyLittell July 9, 2016

"For the first week I was in excruciating pain: nausea, severe abdominal pain, diarrhea, sweating, insomnia, confusion, extreme exhaustion and fatigue, battery acid taste in my mouth, etc. I reached out to my doctor and pharmacist who offered absolutely no help. Through research I found that taking probiotics/yogurt helps with EVERYTHING, stay as hydradated as you can. I ate a lot of Ramen noodles to compensate for actual food/water since my appetite was non-existant. I didn't think I was going to be able to finish the treatment. If I test positive again, I'm going with natural remedies."

Melana May 9, 2016

"PEOPLE PLEASE DONT COME HERE TO GET FEAR INSTILLED IN YOU ABOUT THIS MEDICINE. Other People experiences may NOT EVER happen to you. I didn't take it for a whole year because of these kind of websites.. Let's put this out there I DO NOT LIVE A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE. I eat fried food, I eat out a lot (hence, why I think I got the bacteria) I barely workout and I'm considered overweight. (NOT BRAGGING JUST BEING TRUTHFUL) And the medicine still worked for me. If your dealing with horrific side effects 9/10 you we're probably dealt with those things one or another without medication. For the nausea (eat 1/2 a toast before taking it) For the insomnia ( don't take it right before you go to bed 2-3 hours in advance) Metal taste goes away after you eat"

READ ME!!! May 8, 2016

"Yearlong pain was gone by day 3. But on day 4, the horrible side effects started. The awful taste in my mouth at all times, worsening constipation, headband headache, and up all night with insomnia. If it wasn't worth it to get rid of this stomach infection, I would quit taking this med. That's how bad these side effects combined are for me. If it was just one, and not at all the up all night insomnia, I would be much better."

VanessaFas (taken for less than 1 month) February 4, 2016

"On Day 6 of the 14 day treatment. The side effects I've experienced haven't been too bad: the bad taste in your mouth (usually at night and first thing in the morning), hard time staying asleep (insomnia), yellow stools, and some left side aches which I think may have to do with constipation. I'm sure I would be worse if I didn't take a probiotic with every dose of these meds."

H.S. MI (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2016

"Two years ago I began having symptoms of H Pylori. The first episode lasted about 20 minutes. It was a terrible pain in my upper abdomen. The pain was more intense than gas pain, but I wrote it off as such. After that, every 3 months or so I would be woken up by the same terrible pain and I always knew I wasn't getting sleep that night as it would last 4-6 hours and I could not get comfortable. I had one of those night episodes, but the pain wouldn't go away. It wasn't constantly the same degree of pain, some times it would be a churning pain, a bloated pain, or a general soreness. After a week, went to the doctor and was tested positive for H Pylori. There was a huge difference/day 3 and the pain was just about gone/day 4. Amazing"

42yo Female (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2015

"I am a 31 year old female. I was given PrevPac to get rid of H pylori, which was the underlying cause of my chronic gastritis & terrible pain and discomfort in my chest from reflux & inflammation. I just completed the 14 day PrevPac kit. This treatment definitely works and I feel 100% better now that it's over. It takes time for it to fully kick in though. I started feeling relief at day 5 & felt 100% better at day 10. To me, my experience wasn't AS BAD as some of the reviews I read prior to starting the medication. Based on suggestions I read, I took a daily probiotic, which helped a lot with the side effects, so I recommend that. The one constant symptom was the metallic taste in my mouth, especially when first waking up. But all I had to do was drink something and it went away. I had diarrhea a couple times, but nothing extreme. A few stomach aches/cramps as well. At the very end, I developed a little yeast infection (which can happen when taking antibiotics) but I easily got rid of it with over the counter meds. The side effects are very bearable. Overall, the most annoying thing for me was having to take so many pills at once and in one day and also the cost. After my insurance paid their part, I paid $75 dollars, which to me is a lot. But the packaging said before insurance it was about $750."

DMae November 24, 2015

"Today is day 1 of my treatment for h pylori "

Jeanette944 November 18, 2015

"I'm on day three of prevpac and was prescribed four pills equally for h pylori and costing $841.00.I haven't had any major side effects besides swollen eye lids that went away in the morning . I was scared to take it after reading alot of reviews, but it's worth the shot if it'll cure my stomach pains that I've had for 11 years!"

J Marie November 3, 2015

"In a period of few years I visited many doctors because of pain in my stomach. I was always hungry and felt very tired. Sometimes my belly was like a balloon without any reason. Until this doctor sent to for a blood test for helicobacter pylori and the results came out positive. I was very optimistic and was hoping this pain and problems finally stop, I got the medicine on Saturday and started the treatment on Sunday morning. After taking it for 3 days I noticed a huge results, had more energy and I was waking up fresh. A day after I started having this sweet taste in my mouth which scared me a little bit... maybe I got an infection. I was continuing taking this medicine day 7th on this treatment I got a terrible headache and anxiety,"

ORD00000 October 21, 2015

"I've had the h.pylori infection for at least a few years but this year it got to a point where I couldn't handle it. I had severe gastritis and couldn't eat anymore. Some days the food I ate over the course of a day wouldn't even add up to one meal. The treatment was not pleasant, but tolerable. It's a lot of pills to take in one day and I felt exhausted some of the days. A few weeks after I finished the treatment, I noticed that I no longer have immediate pain and nausea when I try to eat. Now (4 months later) I can almost eat a full meal and feel ok. It took a while to recover but it was very much worth it."

anon888888 October 19, 2015

"I am on day 3 out of 14 and I am sooo miserable. I don't want to continue it, but I have too :'( . I pass really stinky gas, horrible diarrhea, nausea, feeling tired most of the time, but worse of all is the weird taste in my mouth. Oh god, when I wake up to it... Probably the reason why I feel so nauseated. Drinking a lot of water, eating CANDY (tiny m&m that comes in bottles. For some reason, it helped me..weird, I know.), and listerine pocketpaks all help me with the disgusting nasty taste so far. I hope it's worth it. I give it a five because of the side effects but the treatment better be a 10..I sure hope it's worth it :'((("

Amyyyyy (taken for less than 1 month) September 22, 2015

"day 1.5 because I started the pack last night no longer wanting to deal with the gas, bloating, stomach pain weight gain ect. Had it for years I'm sure. Today I had blurred vision for about 20 minutes and then a lingering headache all day. Here's hoping it works!"

Kanata (taken for less than 1 month) September 15, 2015

"Worried after reading reviews but test positive for h pylori and have stomach issues all summer. I'm taking it am and pm but a probiotic with lunch and some yogurt. I'm also using probiotic at night vaginally to combat the yeast. I will update after day 7."

Just started September 14, 2015

"I was a little nervous about taking this after reading some horror stories online. The first day I had some burning in my stomach and nausea but then I started taking a probiotic an hour before the am and pm antibiotics and that helped amazingly well. The only side effect I suffered for the 2 weeks was a bad taste in my mouth(a little like metal). The prevpac worked for me. No more stomach issues. I just recommend taking a probiotic. It really helped!"

Cmb1388 August 10, 2015

"My only symptom at first was no appetite! Ate one day the next didn't want to eat anything. Felt normal otherwise. One week later I had lost 10 pounds. I noticed heart palpitations. Stopped taking Celebrex for my arthritis and all nsaids for migraines. Went to hospital and had complete work up on heart a CT scan, x-rays, blood work, stress test...all normal.In the third week was able to eat some. Started back on Celebrex. Two weeks later, lost appetite again with nausea. Lost 25 pounds. Had upper GI noted small hiatal hernia. Gastroenterologist did EGD with biopsy. Stomach was irritated from NSAIDS and H,Pylori. So I started on Amox. 500 two a day, Flagyl 3x day, Carafate, Prilosec. Feel great. Retest next week."

ohiojoann (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2015

"I had acute gastritis and went to ER to get iv fluids. While there, they ran a test for H. Pylori and it was positive. My only symptoms prior to the ER visit was frequent heartburn. I was given RX for biaxin, amoxicillin, and omeprazole for 14 days. I got online and was horrified of the reviews. I delayed starting my meds. The first three days were hell on earth. Nausea, fatigue, anxiety. I learned very quickly to EAT with each dose. I had the metallic taste up until day 10 and then it went away. I'm wrapping up day 12, and while the treatment was tough in the beginning, it is doable. My GI is going to do an EGD in 60 days. Was also told to continue omeprazole x 2 months to heal ulcers and combat rebound reflux. Feeling better!"

Marchgirl April 30, 2015

"I have been taking Prevpac for a week now, and the horrible abdominal pain is long gone. :) However, I am experiencing rather unpleasant back pain as a side effect. I have been stretching like crazy trying to mitigate it, but it doesn't seem to be working. I am using ice packs and a portable tens unit to deal with it. While not fun, it is a whole lot better than the agony of an h. pylori infection."

RG6 March 19, 2015