User Reviews for Elavil to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

TEXAN11 · March 24, 2017

“I am 52 years old I've struggled my entire life with anxiety phobias depression intrusive racing thoughts etc I was diagnosed with PTSD MDD and panic disorder. I have tried every kind of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressants. Sometimes with absolutely horrible side effects. I am disabled with disc and bone disease my pain doctor added amitriptyline to my meds. I never would have imagined my pain doctor giving me a drug that could change my whole life, especially at my age. I gave up on finding a medication that really helped. I have been home bound for the past 3 years I have become a recluse. Now, I look forward to getting out of the house! I actually feel happy! THANK GOD!!!! AND IT'S ONLY $4 CASH !”

ez_writer · Taken for 10 years or more · January 3, 2018

“I've had Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) for 30 years, then a random workplace mass shooting gave me PTSD about 16 years ago. I was on many different drugs from a psychiatrist (probably getting kickbacks). After I lost my job, ability to work, house, wife, etc. I was fortunate to be poor and prescribed a drug I could afford by a nurse practitioner with advice from a neurologist. To add to my klonopin they prescribed elavil. I slept like a baby for the first time in years. It helped with anxiety and depression, improved my libido, and I will be happy to take it the rest of my life. I have been on it over ten years now, I still struggle, but I would never have managed without it. It gives me a fighting chance at a real life. SSRI's and anti-psychotic drugs are demonic.”

rastonia · Taken for 10 years or more · July 20, 2015

“1st started taking for depression and PTSD and anxiety. Then I got in accident, now I take it for the above AS WELL AS headaches leg pain,nerve pain in legs. Great old school drug. Oh also helps insomnia”

High Anxiety · Taken for 1 to 2 years · October 20, 2016

“The first time I was aware of the existence of this drug, a gastroenterologist gave it to me for sharp stomach pain. The cause was idiopathic and/or overdetermined by a variety of problems, especially some damage to the hypothalamus. That was in 2001, and worked IMMEDIATELY. Stomach pain? Gone. Only had about a 2-week supply and stopped with no ill effects. In fact, it perked up my mood! I always remembered that this was the drug that solved a serious pain problem. In 2015, I had severe anxiety & my appetite was completely gone. I knew what I needed. The psych. gave me Elavil, even though he was inclined toward Effexor. I ate! I felt good again. I am still on it. I am concerned re: withdrawal. Short-term use recommended if possible.”

Grratfostbyji · June 10, 2017

“Keep you from wanting to kill yourself make you feel more comfortable just meadows you out keeps me from having back flashing. First time I didn't like bad side affects the Dr gave me 50mg a day but I take 50mg bed time then I cut pill in half late morning and early evening. First time taking make you sleep really good. I have know side affect. I like keeps you calm”

Learn more about Post Traumatic Stress Disorder