User Reviews for Elavil

Learn more about Elavil.

Reviews for Elavil to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

"The first time I was aware of the existence of this drug, a gastroenterologist gave it to me for sharp stomach pain. The cause was idiopathic and/or overdetermined by a variety of problems, especially some damage to the hypothalamus. That was in 2001, and worked IMMEDIATELY. Stomach pain? Gone. Only had about a 2-week supply and stopped with no ill effects. In fact, it perked up my mood! I always remembered that this was the drug that solved a serious pain problem. In 2015, I had severe anxiety & my appetite was completely gone. I knew what I needed. The psych. gave me Elavil, even though he was inclined toward Effexor. I ate! I felt good again. I am still on it. I am concerned re: withdrawal. Short-term use recommended if possible."

High Anxiety (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 20, 2016

"1st started taking for depression and PTSD and anxiety. Then I got in accident, now I take it for the above AS WELL AS headaches leg pain,nerve pain in legs. Great old school drug. Oh also helps insomnia"

rastonia (taken for 10 years or more) July 20, 2015