User Reviews for Elavil

Learn more about Elavil.

Reviews for Elavil to treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

"Keep you from wanting to kill yourself make you feel more comfortable just meadows you out keeps me from having back flashing. First time I didn't like bad side affects the Dr gave me 50mg a day but I take 50mg bed time then I cut pill in half late morning and early evening. First time taking make you sleep really good. I have know side affect. I like keeps you calm"

Grratfostbyji June 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am 52 years old I've struggled my entire life with anxiety phobias depression intrusive racing thoughts etc I was diagnosed with PTSD MDD and panic disorder. I have tried every kind of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressants. Sometimes with absolutely horrible side effects. I am disabled with disc and bone disease my pain doctor added amitriptyline to my meds. I never would have imagined my pain doctor giving me a drug that could change my whole life, especially at my age. I gave up on finding a medication that really helped. I have been home bound for the past 3 years I have become a recluse. Now, I look forward to getting out of the house! I actually feel happy! THANK GOD!!!! AND IT'S ONLY $4 CASH !"

TEXAN11 March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"The first time I was aware of the existence of this drug, a gastroenterologist gave it to me for sharp stomach pain. The cause was idiopathic and/or overdetermined by a variety of problems, especially some damage to the hypothalamus. That was in 2001, and worked IMMEDIATELY. Stomach pain? Gone. Only had about a 2-week supply and stopped with no ill effects. In fact, it perked up my mood! I always remembered that this was the drug that solved a serious pain problem. In 2015, I had severe anxiety & my appetite was completely gone. I knew what I needed. The psych. gave me Elavil, even though he was inclined toward Effexor. I ate! I felt good again. I am still on it. I am concerned re: withdrawal. Short-term use recommended if possible."

High Anxiety (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 20, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"1st started taking for depression and PTSD and anxiety. Then I got in accident, now I take it for the above AS WELL AS headaches leg pain,nerve pain in legs. Great old school drug. Oh also helps insomnia"

rastonia (taken for 10 years or more) July 20, 2015