User Reviews for Elavil to treat Anxiety and Stress

Elavil has an average rating of 9.6 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings for the treatment of Anxiety and Stress. 94% of those users who reviewed Elavil reported a positive effect, while 0% reported a negative effect.

Elavil Rating Summary

9.6/10 average rating

Compare all 11 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety and Stress.

Reviews for Elavil

Danielle January 16, 2021

“Worked well no side effects!”

TOFLA December 1, 2019

“This drug has been so helpful, I suffered for panic attack, social phobia and anxiety for over 15 years, I started amitriptyline 7 weeks ago and my life has since changed, I can express myself in public, no more panic attack nor anxiety. I really thank my GOD and appreciate this platform which is so encouraging. I should also say that I got inspired from other people who were sharing their experiences on this platform. I'll definitely rate this drug 10/10. No side effects. I an so thankful”

Dawn4373 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 19, 2017

“It got rid of mine! Tried many meds over the years with various side effects. This is the only one that got rid of my anxiety and depression and gave me no side effects. Not to mention I sleep better on it. I was out of it the first few days until I got used to it and now I can't even tell I am taking something except that I have no anxiety, panic attacks or depression anymore. It was a game changer for me. I feel like a new, normal person again. I highly recommend trying it.”

Anonymous August 2, 2009

“I've been on Elavil for three years and it has been a God-send: Ironically, I was seeing a Gastrointestinal doctor until she recommended that I "stop and smell the roses more." Combined with therapy sessions for about a year, I worry less as I see more of what really is worth getting worked up over -- not a whole lot. One can be passionate about certain things such as family and country and life, but other things are less, way-less significant. Elavil has taught me how to best sort out what some things are worth worrying over and not. I take 100mg/day at 8pm normally and I sleep well at night, and feel good generally about how things will be throughout the next day. I love the smell of roses. ”

M. Bear February 24, 2017

“For many years I was very resistant to taking medications for my anxiety because I watched my mother who is bipolar try many types of medications without success. My anxiety was constant: racing thoughts, hypochondria, worry about my kids, etc. The stress was actually causing me physical pain. I was even tense in my sleep and woke up every morning feeling like I had been in a fight. Elavil was life changing. I started out at 10mg and was bumped up to 25mg after a couple of weeks. The only side effects that I experience are drowsiness (you take it at night, so no big deal) and sometimes weird dreams. I am so at ease these days. I no longer have any stress-related pain. My quality of life has been vastly improved.”

Meechie · Taken for 5 to 10 years November 14, 2012

“I have been taking Elavil for over 5 years now and I must say it has changed my whole outlook completely. I was diagnosed as bi-polar, depressed and an insomniac. This medication has improved all three of my conditions.”

anonymous1224365 September 23, 2014

“This medication has been very effective for my anxiety. I've taken 75mg for the past 9yrs. No more heart palpitations or tightness in my chest. I have tried others prior to the Elavil, but found I woke up with a hangover and a out of body feeling. If Ii forget to order refill before I run out it takes a 3 days to feel the effects. ”

AngelWolf12 January 21, 2016

“I have been on about everything you can imagine for my stress and anxiety. Nothing worked and for years I have been miserable. I was put on Elavil and didn't feel much of an effect but once the doctor bumped me up to 100mgs a day, I am a new person. It has changed my life. I wake up and feel like dancing!”

Thanking meds · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 5, 2017

“Started 25mg for crippling panic attacks !! Had them for 6-7 months without even any relief from xanax ... first and only med that has worked for me without side effects ! Couldn't even take an SSRI felt so sick from them .. 25mg saved my life !”

Mrs.F. March 21, 2011

“I'm bipolar. I've been on various medicines for almost 10 years. Well, my Dad died a few months ago. The depression and anxiety was so bad I could not function. My Doctor prescribed this along with my 40mg of Celexa. It took about a month -6 weeks before I felt any better. But I also have chronic pain from spinal arthritis. This medication has helped me get my life back! But in the process, I've gained 20lbs in 8 weeks and I was already overweight. Its helped with my chronic pain and with the depression. I love how I feel on this but not the weight gain. ”

zeko23 December 7, 2015

“I have tried almost every medicine for GAD (Xanax, celexa, paxil, wellbutrin, lamictal, seroquel, buspar) but it seems that Amitriptyline is the only drug that work for me. I also take 300 mg of Lyrica for chronic pain and 150 mg of Effexor Xr in the morning and 50 mg of Amitriptyline before sleep. It changed my life.”

13crocs · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 29, 2017

“Today I am on 100mg of Elavil and it is working quite well. Best of all, Elavil has the added bonus of curbing my neuropathy which had forced me to be on fentanyl for over 4 years. Been about eight years now and it is still doing a great job. I have been on just about every drug they have for panic and other than Prozac this is one of the only drugs that has worked or worked without nasty side effects. paxil worked but TOTALLY wiped out my sex drive and ability to perform. Zoloft did nothing at all good or bad. Alcohol was good at knocking down the panic attacks but the bad there was the attacks became more frequent. Imipramine only masked the symptoms causing some nasty muscle tension that lead to migraines.”

voncha December 3, 2010

“I've only been on Elavil 62.5mg since last night and I slept all the way through the night and woke up not so tired this morning. I was on 25mg at first but didn't work then up to 50mg and that didn't work. Now I am trying this dose and I feel so much better. I hope it continues to work for me at this dose. I took it about five hours before bedtime and I felt tired and went to bed five hours later after taking it at 6:20pm.”

theiceman July 18, 2009

“Finally found a drug which relieved my anxiety. 25mg before bed and it changed my life.”

Anonymous July 21, 2009

“This medication gave me my life back. It truly does help with panic attacks.”

marslites · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 8, 2014

“Gave me my life back”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2013

“Tried SSRI antidepressants for two years. No relief until took this medicine.”