User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Alprazolam Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 176 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Alprazolam to treat Anxiety

"After 5 years of using it from manufacturer Mylan and working great my last refill was from manufacturer Actavis and it does not work at all. Been in withdrawal for 2 days and am calling to see what I can do to get back to Mylan. Actavis Alprazolam is a failure I will look in to suing do to being fraudulent!"

thebobd April 21, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "I've taken xanax regularly for ~5 years. Having to deal with severe family issues, my general anxiety disorder has ramped up considerably these past 5 years. My dosage varies, as I take it as needed. Some days I take 1mg and many days I take none at all. I probably average .25mg/day and it has been extremely beneficial to me. Even on my worst days I realize that taking more won't help, and I will just have to get through that day at a maximum of 1mg. For me, xanax has been a very helpful tool in my turbulent life and as things start to level out, my usage decreases."

Phat Phil (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2018

"Taking low dosage daily no more than 0.750 mg in any days anxiety cause by family issues however I don’t drink or take any drugs this medication along with exercises help me greatly there are days I don’t take any it works great I can actually leave a normal life hope this can help others"

Al March 25, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "Xanax is my miracle drug, but if you run out you are in for big trouble. You can have seizures, a stoke, or even death. Please be careful...but it definitely changed my life and has actually given my life back."

Pebbles523 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 25, 2018

"I suffer from panic disorder along with GAD and a few other issues. I've been on most meds, Klonopin on and off for 20 years because Drs are too scared to prescribe Xanax which in my opinion is my life saver. I stopped taking the meds that weren't working as well anymore and after another severe panic attack that lasted over a hour my friend gave me a few Xanax bars. I took half of one and it almost immediately ended my terror and panic feeling. I don't take them everyday only when my anxiety acts up and I don't suffer any issues or withdrawals. I also have insomnia and this drug always helps unlike Ambien which does nothing. This medication is a godsend and I don't plan on giving them up anytime soon."

Xanaxchick (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "I have had bad anxiety for years. Started with busipro but It gave me nightmares and made me stutter a little bit so I stopped the pill. I went in for my board exam for Respiratory care and I failed. During the end of my test My heart started racing, chest pain. I was having a panic attack. I went to the doctor and I was prescribed Xanax. She told me to take 1/2 a pill 0.5 before my test and I did. During my test I felt calm, normal, fresh mind. I could think clearly. I wasnt anxious at all. I passed. Its been a great pill. I love it. But tonight I took 1/2 before bed and 30 minutes later I started crying. I am depressed too before starting pills. But for the most part xanax has been so good to me."

Blonde (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

"I have had panic attacks on planes and I stopped traveling for a while. However, after being prescribed Alprazolam 1mg to take 1 hour before boarding, I never experienced one panic attack anymore. Life-saving drug! I am 6 ft 3, 103kg, 1mg - 1 hour before the flight works like a charm. Side effects experienced: - Loss of memory (Ended up with a 3£ charge on my card from Ryanair and had to contact them to see what was that about - apparently bought a bottle of water during the flight. 3£ for a bottle of water...) Apart from this side effect, everything was ok. Calm, very calm!"

PanicAttacks (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "I have my life back because of xanax. I have suffered from anxiety my entire life but somehow kept it manageable until my fifties. I was getting more and more agoraphobic and afraid to drive. Finally, I found myself pacing the house, unable to sleep and scared that I was actually going to harm myself. I have been on .5 mg xanax xr up to three times daily for almost two years and I am fully functioning again."

Mags (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2018

"It helps people who need it so much. I just hate how the media portrays it as a horrible drug."

TR (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 12, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "I have been taking xanax for about the last ten years or so off and on. I am 26 now, and I only take Xanax when I really need it. The drug has helped me get through many school presentations from high to college. I get so anxious before big presentations that I have literally froze up in front of whole classes numerous times (while not on Xanax) and whenever I do take it, I get A’s on my projects, I’m less anxious, and everybody is more happy. It also helps if you have a long airplane ride. In short, I have been taking this drug for the past decade responsibly and it has helped me benefit in many situations."

MrBraadddd February 22, 2018

"I found that a 2 mg dose works fine for me. It not only relieves anxiety but also helps me fall asleep."

Jet jock (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 19, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "I have been using this drug on and off for 6 years and it works fairly well even at low doses. Originally I took it for anxiety but now I take it for tinnitus. I think it can cause tinnitus. I take half of a 1mg pill before bed. I can go without it for days but do get some withdrawal symptoms. It still works after years of use."

mihulka3 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 2, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "Works well very little side effects"

Roboslobo February 1, 2018

"Pill seems to be fake. "

speckley (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 1, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "I take 0.25mg when I’m slightly anxious and 0.5mg when I feel very anxious. I can honestly say I feel so normal and happy! I can actually do things I use to do, and alone! I don’t feel scared or worried. I think for rationally and clearly. Only side effect is that it makes you kinda sleepy, but if you keep active and do stuff it wears off and you will feel normal. I actually laugh and have a good time now! I’m surprised at how a low dose works so well! If you have anxiety, don’t be scared and give this a try! Trust me after 20 minuets you will feel relaxed and ready to do anything!"

Rayraykopie January 25, 2018

"I’ve been taking Xanax for a few wonderful months it’s been nothing than a magic pill for me. I have had severe anxiety and panic disorder for many years. Tried lorazepam in the strengths of 0.5mg, 1mg, and 2mg tablets but with not with a lot of success. I’ve tried Valium helped a lot but lasted to Long. But Xanax 1mg tablet 3 times a day works wonders. Thank God for Xanax"

Fun me408 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2018

"Very peppermint tasting"

Bodog69 December 29, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam): "I took Xanax at a party about a year ago, & I was so surprised with the outcome. I was shocked to find out that it actually relieved me of my anxiety. It actually benefiting me in a positive way. I’ve been on Sertraline for about 6 years now, and I’ve thought about talking to my therapist about switching me to Xanax due to the experience I had with it. I may sound really dumb, but it worked like magic."

Anonymous December 27, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam): "I have an overreaction to stressful situations. A situation that the average person takes in stride might put me into panic mode. Xanax is the only thing I've found that calms me down effectively. Depending on the situation it may take 0.25mg - 1.0mg to do the job. Because of it's addictive nature I don't take it every day, just in certain situations, maybe 3-4 times per year. I did have a situation recently where I took about 1.0mg every day for about 1 month. When the situation resolved I quit taking it and I had no withdrawal symptoms."

Warhawk97 (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 25, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam): "The pills that say Xanax on the front and 2 on the back and they are rectangular, they are fake. Be aware"

Don't have nickname (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 23, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam): "I was taking 2mg Xanax XR in the morning and before bed. I took 1 mg Xanax XR in the afternoon. If I would forget to take my meds in the morning, by 1:00 in the afternoon my head would start buzzing, I was agitated and in horrible shape. For years I was living in a fog. I was safely detoxed in the hospital for three days a little over a week ago. The doctor prescribed me 10 mg of Librium 3x day. This medication is mainly used for alcohol detox. It has worked wonders for me. It is another type of benzo, but for the first time in years I am happy and feel alive again. Please do not take Xanax lightly, it is an addictive viscous cycle that can make you feel worse in the long run."

only34me (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 16, 2017

Xanax (alprazolam): "I take xanax to help me sleep and I also take it for anxiety when needed. I haven't really been having problems with either sleep or anxiety for the last 8 months or so. So I have just been taking .25 mg (a half-dose for me) at bedtime. I have been taking xanax on and off for about 10 years. My experience with it has been nothing but positive. I have never had any negative side effects. It just calms me down a little bit and makes me feel feel a little more relaxed. I have never needed to take a bigger dose than .5 mg. It has not been addicting to me at all. But that is probably because I have rarely had to take it more than once a day. A few times when I had bad anxiety, I had to take it twice a day, but those times have been very rare."

SteveGriswaldd December 13, 2017

"I had always suffered from stress, panic attacks, fear of leaving my home or being around people. Fear of going to the grocery store or being judged, attacked in one form or another. I never felt comfortable or that I fit in anywhere. I have PTSD and severe anxiety disorder. I fear the worse all the time. I didn't get started on benzodiazepines until later in life and they helped me in so many ways. Xanax works best for me. They have made it so I want to live. They don't make me tired. I sleep at night without having nightmares and wake up ready to face the day. Yes, I have become dependant on them and what is wrong with needing a medicine that has such a positive affect on my life. My doctor is gone so I have no one to help me."

62 (taken for 10 years or more) November 20, 2017

"I suffered (Idio Pathic) seizures, begining when I was about 14 years old. No lesions on my brain! Then came the Panic Attacks! I was always hyper, as well as my entire family. I thought it was "Normal". Never understood how others where so "Calm". I became a Hair Stylist, and began to make lots of money, goergous women,Yes I am straight),however the attacks kept on coming! I moved from N.J. to Miami. Finally I wound up at a clinic. The shrink gave me a little pink pill and for the first time in my life,I felt like everyone else!!!!! I am now 60 years old! If it weren't for xanax,I would be Searching for illegal alternatives. WARNING. Never take more than prescribed! 30 something years later, I never abuse. Also don't mix it with anything ."

dommo (taken for 10 years or more) November 18, 2017

"This medication is only one for stress panic attacks and more. Others do not work as well. Especially if you're going to work or sleep it makes you relax. But only take it how doctor prescribes for you."

Kerad44 November 9, 2017