User Reviews for Alprazolam

Also known as: Alprazolam Intensol, Niravam, Xanax, Xanax XR

Alprazolam Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 176 medications used in the treatment of Anxiety.

Reviews for Alprazolam to treat Anxiety

"Alprazolam helped me through menopause, got me to retirement in a disorganized school district with nothing but behavioral problems. It is now helping with the anxiety attacks I have been having since I had a TIA, mild stroke, while in the classroom."

Dee Dee (taken for 10 years or more) June 19, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "Hello I've been taking xanax for 25 years and still going, it's done wonderful in my life. But also it's not for everyone."

Gretchen (taken for 10 years or more) June 17, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "Seriously I would be dead without this medication. Pop culture has given it the bad rep but as a prescribed user of this god sent medicine from the beautiful minds at pfizer I humbly thank you for saving my life. Had I known and addressed my severe depression, agoraphobia, anxiety & PTSD, (the alphabet goes on).. I would have NEVER SUFFERED FROM A STROKE IN 2010 DUE TO MY CONDITIONS that I had no idea there was a word for what's wrong with me. This is a quick acting short shelf life in the system type of medicine so it's a here, now, gone feeling. The low doses are like a mini invisible hug, the 2 mgs help me sleep and dream of a better life and wake up to my Starbucks feeling alert as the medicine did it's thing on my heart and mind. If during the day I feel sick with chest pain from anxiety it offers immediate relief. I am responsible in my consumption. Thank you to the hard working medical professionals for understanding the pain of the unseen sicknesses."

ShaolinXantastic (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 9, 2018

"This does't work"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) June 6, 2018

Alprazolam Intensol (alprazolam): "͏Li͏f͏e saver indeed. Sometimes I feel as if I can’t breathe and small places freak me out so this medication cures that !"

Orca (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 21, 2018

"After 23 years of severe anxiety/panic disorder alprazolam is a miracle drug for me. I went from avoiding phone calls and knocks on the door to walking into a room full of strangers."

Joe (taken for 10 years or more) May 17, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "Careful with this one. Very addictive. It was prescribed for anxiety but after a while I found myself habitually taking it and getting desperately anxious when I didn’t. Addiction to barbiturates in my mid forties was not part of the plan, so I stopped. Withdrawals were terrible. I also, experienced short term memory issues. I achieved safer results with anti-depressants, although they take a week or more to ‘work’ they are not addictive. Lifestyle changes also helped, no drinking, took up jogging, gym and watching what I eat and being more mindful of the spiritual aspects of life. Pretty obvious stuff really..."

GJ (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 13, 2018

"I’m a very anxious person and have frequent panic attacks. I also suffer from PTSD I’ve been abused as a child and during my marriage and I have been raped 2 times and my anxiety level is off the chart. In all reality this medicine has saved my life."

Chrissy (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 10, 2018

"Worked great for 17 year! Now the VA changed to Hydroxyine Pamoate ! (IT SUCKS). Baclofen! (IT SUCKS). Why is it that when you have something that works; some doctor higher up the food chain, changes my meds because they are worried they are Addictive? My Father always told me "If is not broken, do not try and fix it or make it better!""

Fox (taken for 10 years or more) May 2, 2018

"After 5 years of using it from manufacturer Mylan and working great my last refill was from manufacturer Actavis and it does not work at all. Been in withdrawal for 2 days and am calling to see what I can do to get back to Mylan. Actavis Alprazolam is a failure I will look in to suing do to being fraudulent!"

thebobd April 21, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "I've taken xanax regularly for ~5 years. Having to deal with severe family issues, my general anxiety disorder has ramped up considerably these past 5 years. My dosage varies, as I take it as needed. Some days I take 1mg and many days I take none at all. I probably average .25mg/day and it has been extremely beneficial to me. Even on my worst days I realize that taking more won't help, and I will just have to get through that day at a maximum of 1mg. For me, xanax has been a very helpful tool in my turbulent life and as things start to level out, my usage decreases."

Phat Phil (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 7, 2018

"Taking low dosage daily no more than 0.750 mg in any days anxiety cause by family issues however I don’t drink or take any drugs this medication along with exercises help me greatly there are days I don’t take any it works great I can actually leave a normal life hope this can help others"

Al March 25, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "Xanax is my miracle drug, but if you run out you are in for big trouble. You can have seizures, a stoke, or even death. Please be careful...but it definitely changed my life and has actually given my life back."

Pebbles523 (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 25, 2018

"I suffer from panic disorder along with GAD and a few other issues. I've been on most meds, Klonopin on and off for 20 years because Drs are too scared to prescribe Xanax which in my opinion is my life saver. I stopped taking the meds that weren't working as well anymore and after another severe panic attack that lasted over a hour my friend gave me a few Xanax bars. I took half of one and it almost immediately ended my terror and panic feeling. I don't take them everyday only when my anxiety acts up and I don't suffer any issues or withdrawals. I also have insomnia and this drug always helps unlike Ambien which does nothing. This medication is a godsend and I don't plan on giving them up anytime soon."

Xanaxchick (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 22, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "I have had bad anxiety for years. Started with busipro but It gave me nightmares and made me stutter a little bit so I stopped the pill. I went in for my board exam for Respiratory care and I failed. During the end of my test My heart started racing, chest pain. I was having a panic attack. I went to the doctor and I was prescribed Xanax. She told me to take 1/2 a pill 0.5 before my test and I did. During my test I felt calm, normal, fresh mind. I could think clearly. I wasnt anxious at all. I passed. Its been a great pill. I love it. But tonight I took 1/2 before bed and 30 minutes later I started crying. I am depressed too before starting pills. But for the most part xanax has been so good to me."

Blonde (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2018

"I have had panic attacks on planes and I stopped traveling for a while. However, after being prescribed Alprazolam 1mg to take 1 hour before boarding, I never experienced one panic attack anymore. Life-saving drug! I am 6 ft 3, 103kg, 1mg - 1 hour before the flight works like a charm. Side effects experienced: - Loss of memory (Ended up with a 3£ charge on my card from Ryanair and had to contact them to see what was that about - apparently bought a bottle of water during the flight. 3£ for a bottle of water...) Apart from this side effect, everything was ok. Calm, very calm!"

PanicAttacks (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "I have my life back because of xanax. I have suffered from anxiety my entire life but somehow kept it manageable until my fifties. I was getting more and more agoraphobic and afraid to drive. Finally, I found myself pacing the house, unable to sleep and scared that I was actually going to harm myself. I have been on .5 mg xanax xr up to three times daily for almost two years and I am fully functioning again."

Mags (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 13, 2018

"It helps people who need it so much. I just hate how the media portrays it as a horrible drug."

TR (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 12, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "I have been taking xanax for about the last ten years or so off and on. I am 26 now, and I only take Xanax when I really need it. The drug has helped me get through many school presentations from high to college. I get so anxious before big presentations that I have literally froze up in front of whole classes numerous times (while not on Xanax) and whenever I do take it, I get A’s on my projects, I’m less anxious, and everybody is more happy. It also helps if you have a long airplane ride. In short, I have been taking this drug for the past decade responsibly and it has helped me benefit in many situations."

MrBraadddd February 22, 2018

"I found that a 2 mg dose works fine for me. It not only relieves anxiety but also helps me fall asleep."

Jet jock (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 19, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "I have been using this drug on and off for 6 years and it works fairly well even at low doses. Originally I took it for anxiety but now I take it for tinnitus. I think it can cause tinnitus. I take half of a 1mg pill before bed. I can go without it for days but do get some withdrawal symptoms. It still works after years of use."

mihulka3 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 2, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "Works well very little side effects"

Roboslobo February 1, 2018

"Pill seems to be fake. "

speckley (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 1, 2018

Xanax (alprazolam): "I take 0.25mg when I’m slightly anxious and 0.5mg when I feel very anxious. I can honestly say I feel so normal and happy! I can actually do things I use to do, and alone! I don’t feel scared or worried. I think for rationally and clearly. Only side effect is that it makes you kinda sleepy, but if you keep active and do stuff it wears off and you will feel normal. I actually laugh and have a good time now! I’m surprised at how a low dose works so well! If you have anxiety, don’t be scared and give this a try! Trust me after 20 minuets you will feel relaxed and ready to do anything!"

Rayraykopie January 25, 2018

"I’ve been taking Xanax for a few wonderful months it’s been nothing than a magic pill for me. I have had severe anxiety and panic disorder for many years. Tried lorazepam in the strengths of 0.5mg, 1mg, and 2mg tablets but with not with a lot of success. I’ve tried Valium helped a lot but lasted to Long. But Xanax 1mg tablet 3 times a day works wonders. Thank God for Xanax"

Fun me408 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 6, 2018