User Reviews for Alemtuzumab

5.9

Summary of Alemtuzumab reviews 5.9 9 reviews

Reviews for Alemtuzumab

Grumpy Bear · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 3, 2019

Lemtrada (alemtuzumab) for Multiple Sclerosis: "I have had two rounds of Lemtradra. I left the hospital will all over body itching. Now 4 years later I have thyroid disease and terrible migraines. This drug has been painful and the side effects debilitating. I still get new lesions and suffer more. I wish I never did lemtradra."

BK · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 2, 2019

Lemtrada (alemtuzumab) for Multiple Sclerosis: "Wife was diagnosed 20 years ago with MS. She’s been thru the ABCs of treatments & drugs for MS. She has been very functional & has worked full time & raised two wonderful kids. We have persevered thru several scares over the years & have always been able to get back to her baseline. She has had 3 major exacerbations since her infusion in Nov. We have had 4 trips to the emergency room since then, and are currently in the 4th week of rehab learning how to function again. She has lost all feeling on her left torso and leg, is numb on the right side of her face and now has incontinence issues. She is suffering severe cognitive loss and will most likely not be able to return to her career. We were told that Lemtrada would Not cure MS, but prevent any flairups. Had we known it would Destroy her physically and mentally we would never have agreed. Lemtrada has destroyed our lives. We would have been better off to do nothing. Supposedly she is 1 of 3 cases that have had this reaction."

meanmomma · Taken for less than 1 month July 16, 2019

Lemtrada (alemtuzumab) for Multiple Sclerosis: "Everything has been fantastic!! I have kept a great positive attitude that is most important. No surprises so far. I was told of everything to expect. I came into this experience knowing that my body was going to have random misfires throughout the process and have dealt with everything as it comes. I have been really tired. Stay away from germs for sure. Only eat good healthy food cooked at home. I have started Juicing many veggies and some fruits and that have helped tremendously. Yes I will say I still have a little bit of chocolate for a dessert :). I would like to thank all of the scientists that have created Lemtrada."

Notenoughmonitoring · Taken for less than 1 month June 15, 2018

Lemtrada (alemtuzumab) for Multiple Sclerosis: "My daughter died on Mother’s Day this year following Lemtrada infusion. She was Round 1, day 13 . She was a Nurse Practitioner who specialized in Oncology. Her Infusion resulted in sepsis, reaction not accurately diagnosed, or treated . Make fully informed decisions."

Lauren · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 25, 2018

Lemtrada (alemtuzumab) for Multiple Sclerosis: "I have had two doses of Lemtrada, not noticing a great improvement, but not going backwards either. I have found it to produce frequent UTI's. DON'T count on Genzyme to pay for urinalysis. They pay for the one monthly, but if your doctor determines an infection and sends you for more testing, Genzyme will not pay. I have just received a $375 bill from Quest for a urinalysis with culture. Genzyme has determined cultures are not necessary and as such, will not pay. It is clear UTI's are a side effect, why won't they pay to find out which antibiotic works to treat your particular infection??? Good question. Absolutely no help from MS 1 to 1 program, from nurse to supervisor. Very, very disgusted with this and with Genzyme. Beware of expensive lab testing. Genzyme won't pay."

Kaybee · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 29, 2018

Lemtrada (alemtuzumab) for Multiple Sclerosis: "I’m 32 work FT , I was dx with MS in 2008. I started with Copaxone in 2008 - MRI found new lesions so switch to Tysabri 2009-2012 (JC-VIRUS positive I stop taking because I was scared) started Gilenya 2012-2013 new lesions was found) so I was switch medication to *Tecfidera* with this medications I’ve had 5 flare’s up which I never had any flare ups with previous therapy this much since 2008 but my physician saw the new lesions and had to find a more aggressive therapy. Lemtrada was recommended in 2015 . It was rough. I needed a plasma exchange 3 months of my infusion due to another flare . I finished my two rounds 2016. A year after infusion I lost my vision in right eye ( optic neuritis) June 2017 lasted for 4 weeks . MARCH 2018- I'm doing great no flare up since JUNE 2017 Thanks for your reviewing"

Skillz4dayz August 8, 2017

Lemtrada (alemtuzumab) for Multiple Sclerosis: "Hi all. I am still on the fence on Lemtrada. I know there is no magic pill. It has slowed down the flares. My symptoms seem to have progressed. I guess it is fair to say maybe my expectations were too high?? It has been 7 months. I will update this if I see a shift. Very glad others had good experiences. Baby steps. Thanks"

#nomoreflares · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 26, 2017

Lemtrada (alemtuzumab) for Multiple Sclerosis: "Easy infusion. The best you can get. It gave me my life back!! No.....more.....flares!!"

MS.Cure.Believe · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 22, 2016

Lemtrada (alemtuzumab) for Multiple Sclerosis: "I am 7 months post Lemtrada infusion. I feel fantastic! I have began old hobbies and took of new ones as well. From rock climbing to jogging and camping, hiking. I have seen a 90 o/o improvement in my condition. My vision has restored in my right eye. My leg does not give out nearly as if it had before. I started a jogging regimen too. My drawbacks have been off and on shingles outbreak and tonsill hole issues. I am glad I chose Lemtrada! It gave me my life back, to me it is the cure for MS!"