User Reviews for Acetaminophen / caffeine / isometheptene mucate

Also known as: Migralam, MigraTen, Prodrin

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Acetaminophen/caffeine/isometheptene mucate.

Headache
8.9

Summary of Acetaminophen/caffeine/isometheptene mucate reviews 8.9 9 reviews

Reviews for Acetaminophen/caffeine/isometheptene mucate

For Headache: "Prodrin has been a Godsend for me for several years. I suffer from daily migraines and cannot take imitrex everyday. Prodin (the generic version) works extremely well on the days that I cannot take imitrex. Now, because the FDA no longer approves Prodrin or its generic form, my insurance will no longer pay for the prescription. I usually get 120 tablets at a time and my co-pay was only $15. Now, thanks to the FDA regulations and my insurance refusing to pay, 120 tables will cost me over $500. I can no longer can afford this life saving medication. Even if I get a smaller amount of pills, a scant 30 tablets costs $175.00. Thanks to the regulations imposed by the "affordable care act" I am suffering with daily migraines with no relief."

FrustratedOld Lady March 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prodrin (acetaminophen / caffeine / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: "Suffering from migraines and tension headaches, Prodrin is a life saver. I used to take Midrin, but I couldn't get it any longer and my pharmacist recommended Prodrin. I don't know why it isn't more popular because IT really works. A side effect I get when I have sinus/allergy headaches, is it opens up my nasal passages. I hope they never stop making it."

Hoverlover (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 7, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prodrin (acetaminophen / caffeine / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: "I have tried every over the counter medicine and nothing worked. My Dr. even prescribed me 1000mg ibuprofen and that didn't work either. I got a migraine so bad that I had to be taken to the ER, after numerous tests and head scan the Dr. told me to try Prodrin. It was amazing that after only 10-15 mins of taking only 1 pill the headache was gone! I recommend that anyone who suffers from severe migraine and or tension headaches should talk to their Dr about getting this medicine. It works wonders and I personally didn't experience any side effects."

Anonymous April 25, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prodrin (acetaminophen / caffeine / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: "I have had migraines since the age of 7. I am now 61. It took a lot of trial and error but Prodrin actually works at the onset. I also have trigeminal neuralgia which is excruciating nerve pain around the facial and ear area. Surprisingly the Prodrin helps stop it in its track along with an anti-seizure medicine Lamictal. That was a bonus for me."

goldnms January 19, 2012

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prodrin (acetaminophen / caffeine / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: "This works great for my migraines. Much better than Imitrex, Zomig nasal spray or Fioricet. Every once in a while, it will fail to knock out a migraine, but on the whole, it's a lot more effective than Zomig. It can make you jumpy, but faced with being jumpy or in horrifying pain, I'll take jumpy any day. If you used Midrin and it worked for you, it's worth giving it a try."

Stanzi August 14, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Prodrin (acetaminophen / caffeine / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: "I have used Duradrin, Midrin and Isometh which was very effective on most occasions in past for migraines. I was given samples of Prodrin and had to use it today. I woke up with the headache full blown so I didn't take it, since in the past my experience has been take it when you feel it coming on, works good. I was getting desperate, so I tried the Prodrin. IT WORKED. "

Anonymous April 29, 2011

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MigraTen (acetaminophen / caffeine / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: "I have had a problem with "Ice-Cream Freeze" headaches, and this has really helped me. Thanks."

Anonymous October 24, 2008

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MigraTen (acetaminophen / caffeine / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: "I was given MigraTen by my OB-Gyn for ongoing, severe headaches. A dose and a half knocks the headache pain away. However, I do experience nervous energy for a while after taking the dose so I have lost a couple of nights sleep. It's worth it to me to get rid of the pain."

Anonymous October 7, 2008

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

MigraTen (acetaminophen / caffeine / isometheptene mucate) for Headache: "I was given samples of MigraTen from my Ob-gyn for a really bad headache...she calls it a Menstual Migrane. MigraTen really knocked it out. It works better than anything over the counter that I have taken, even better than Excedrin! I went back and actually got an RX from her! MigraTen really works for me! "

ashwee9 December 6, 2007