User Reviews for Fioricet with Codeine

Learn more about Fioricet with Codeine.

Fioricet with Codeine Rating Summary

9.6/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 295 medications used in the treatment of Headache.

Reviews for Fioricet with Codeine to treat Headache

"Suffered from migraines for 14 years trying dozens of over the counter and scripts. I ended up in the er because I had a migraine for a month straight day and night. I was told that day I have a tumor in my brain. I had to see a neurologist for my tumor and he prescribed them to me. It is a wonder pill for me. It has been 4 years now I only get a migraine once in a while. I gave me my life back. I am a mother of 3 and recommend it to every single person I meet that suffers from migraines. So that they can have their lives back as well."

One happy mom :) (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 15, 2016

"I have had migraine headaches for years now. And this is the only pill that has helped. I would really recommend this to anyone."

Dana32388 March 30, 2016

"Works outstanding for my migraines."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 23, 2016

"I have had bad headaches for about 20 yrs. I have taken Migraine medications ( no luck ) I was finally diagnosed having tension combination migraines fioricet # 3 or fiorinal #3 have worked the best."

murn (taken for 10 years or more) March 7, 2016

"For breakthrough migraine pain, it's the only thing that's effective for me. Always take Imitrex ASAP, but Fioricet #3 does the trick for me with no negative side effects.."

SquirrelMaster August 27, 2015

"So far this is one of the best medications that I have tried for my headaches."

Mevie (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2015

"My headaches have been a true mix of both tension/migraine. I cannot tolerate triptans, due to heart and blood pressure issues. I could not function without this medicine, when I have a bad headache, that can keep me in bed for days. One warning, as I've been on and off these for 20 plus years - and you will be up a tolerance, and risk of rebounds - so take early when you feel one coming on, so as not to need more during the day."

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) September 29, 2013

"Best ever. I can't take if I'm going to work however, as it makes it difficult to concentrate."

Zerya July 23, 2013

"This is the one thing I tried that actually enhanced my life. The headache finally went away and I got on with my life to enjoy my children."

Russia 07 February 4, 2012

"It really helped me out. I used to be on the regular Fioricet and then my migraines got worse and the dr changed me to the Fioricet with codiene. I like this one much better, however it gives me a strange feeling after about 30 min. It's not a bad feeling but its waaawaaa is the best decription. It helps control my migraines though. I don't have many side effects except constipation."

KrysAnn February 3, 2012

"This medication is wonderful for patients who cannot tolerate triptans. I had a terrible cardiac reaction to Relpax years ago and spent a night in the hospital being monitored. I am a healthy, young woman so this experience was horrifying and I was very afraid that I would never find relief for my migraines. My neurologist prescribed this medication along with starting Botox treatments. She was right on the money with this treatment plan! My headaches have become less frequent and far less severe and with the addition of Fioricet with codeine, I can easily treat my migraines with minimum intrusion into my busy life."

Anonymous June 16, 2010

"I suffered chronic migraines from allergies to environmental factors for which nobody seemed to want to give me anything. OTC drugs were useless. Imitrex was a life-saver. I was the first one in line when the shot to the leg was invented, but it seemed a little radical for the everyday 8-10s. Then one doctor gave me Fioricet with codeine. It worked. AT last a drug that worked. When I returned for more he told me I couldn't have it because it worked too well. Is this not a stupid society. Fifteen years of pain and suffering through work and kids' events and when I find something that works I am told I can't have it because it works."

thekeek June 16, 2010

"I am surprised that a pain management specialist would give this drug as a first choice. The entire Triptan line starting with the first drug exclusively for migraine headaches, Imitrex, is available for migraine headaches. Any Triptan that is administered and results are felt within 15-20 minutes, also prove that the headache is a migraine. Headache epidemiology is quite complex and the migraine may be masking a tension headache or vice versa. Fioricet with codeine has a place in tension headaches, but not really in most true migraines. I take this drug, or another like it, after I take Maxalt (one of the triptan drugs), if there is still pain left after the Maxalt has relieved the migraine aspect of the headache. In that case it is a 10."

Fellow migraneur (male) December 31, 2009

"This drug is amazing! Within minutes my migraine went down and it took the pressure off my eyes! I'm so amazed by this! I have also arthritis and it also helped me take some pressure off my back. Its a blue and yellow capsule. It has 30mg of codeine in it I believe. I was dying all day literally with this migraine. I couldn't move or it was worse. I went to my pain management doctor for a refill on another medicine and I told him about this migraine and he did a great job of taking good care of me! Thank you."

sarah e. November 21, 2009

More about Fioricet with Codeine (acetaminophen / butalbital / caffeine / codeine)

Professional resources