Suprep Bowel Prep Kit
Generic Name: Sodium Sulfate, Potassium Sulfate, and Magnesium Sulfate (SOW dee um SUL fate, poe TASS ee um SUL fate, & mag NEE zhum SUL fate)
Brand Name: Suprep Bowel Prep Kit
Uses of Suprep Bowel Prep Kit:
- It is used to clean out the GI (gastrointestinal) tract.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Suprep Bowel Prep Kit?
- If you have an allergy to sodium, potassium, magnesium, sulfates, or any other part of Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (sodium sulfate, potassium sulfate, and magnesium sulfate).
- If you are allergic to any drugs like this one, any other drugs, foods, or other substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had, like rash; hives; itching; shortness of breath; wheezing; cough; swelling of face, lips, tongue, or throat; or any other signs.
- If you have any of these health problems: Bowel block, enlarged colon, hole in the GI (gastrointestinal) tract, or slow-moving GI (gastrointestinal) tract.
- If you have electrolyte (like sodium, potassium, phosphate) problems.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with this medicine.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Suprep Bowel Prep Kit with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Suprep Bowel Prep Kit?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take this medicine. This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Do not use other laxatives or stool softeners unless told to do so by the doctor.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.
- Watch for gout attacks.
- If you are 65 or older, use this medicine with care. You could have more side effects.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Suprep Bowel Prep Kit while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Suprep Bowel Prep Kit) best taken?
Use this medicine as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take Suprep Bowel Prep Kit as your doctor has told you. Follow all instructions you have been given closely. This includes when to take this medicine, foods and drinks to avoid before the exam, and when to stop eating and drinking before the exam. Talk with your doctor if you have any questions.
- Do not take other drugs within 1 hour of starting Suprep Bowel Prep Kit. Talk with your doctor about how to take your other drugs with this medicine.
- Mix with water as told before you take Suprep Bowel Prep Kit. Do not swallow the dry powder.
- Shake well before use.
- Drink lots of noncaffeine liquids before, during, and after using this medicine unless you are told to drink less liquid by your doctor.
- Drink clear liquids before, during, and after taking Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (sodium sulfate, potassium sulfate, and magnesium sulfate). Do not drink any liquids that are purple or red.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- If you miss a dose or if you are not able to drink the solution, call your doctor to find out what to do.
See also: Dosage Information (in more detail)
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Signs of fluid and electrolyte problems like mood changes, confusion, muscle pain or weakness, a heartbeat that does not feel normal, very bad dizziness or passing out, fast heartbeat, more thirst, seizures, feeling very tired or weak, not hungry, unable to pass urine or change in the amount of urine produced, dry mouth, dry eyes, or very bad upset stomach or throwing up.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Dizziness or passing out.
- Very bad belly pain.
- Swelling of belly.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
- Very bad headache.
- Throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds.
- Black, tarry, or bloody stools.
- Bleeding from rectum or rectal pain.
What are some other side effects of Suprep Bowel Prep Kit?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Belly pain.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Stomach cramps.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
See also: Side effects (in more detail)
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Suprep Bowel Prep Kit?
- Store at room temperature.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to throw out unused drugs.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep a list of all your drugs (prescription, natural products, vitamins, OTC) with you. Give this list to your doctor.
- Talk with the doctor before starting any new drug, including prescription or OTC, natural products, or vitamins.
- This medicine comes with an extra patient fact sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it with care. Read it again each time this medicine is refilled. If you have any questions about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit, please talk with the doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take this medicine or any other medicine. Only the healthcare provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for a specific patient. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to this medicine. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from the healthcare provider. You must talk with the healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Suprep Bowel Prep Kit.
Review Date: September 6, 2017
More about Suprep Bowel Prep Kit (magnesium sulfate / potassium sulfate / sodium sulfate)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 823 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: laxatives
Other brands: ColPrep Kit