Pro-Banthine Side Effects
Generic name: propantheline
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 24, 2021.
Note: This document contains side effect information about propantheline. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Pro-Banthine.
For the Consumer
Applies to propantheline: oral tablets
Side effects include:
Xerostomia, decreased sweating, adverse ophthalmic effects (e.g., blurred vision, mydriasis, cycloplegia, increased ocular tension).
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to propantheline: compounding powder, oral tablet
Frequency not reported: Accommodation loss, blurred vision, cycloplegia, increased intraocular pressure, increased ocular tension, light sensitivity, mydriasis, pupil dilation[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Difficulty in talking, reduced bronchial secretions[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Thirst[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Weakness[Ref]
1. Cerner Multum, Inc. "Australian Product Information." O 0
2. "Product Information. Propantheline Bromide (propantheline)." Roxane Laboratories Inc, Columbus, OH.
3. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
More about Pro-Banthine (propantheline)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Imprints, Shape & Color Data
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- Drug class: anticholinergics/antispasmodics
Related treatment guides
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.