Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips Side Effects
Generic Name: senna
Note: This document contains side effect information about senna. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips.
For the Consumer
Applies to senna: oral capsule liquid filled, oral flake, oral granule, oral liquid, oral powder for suspension, oral suspension, oral syrup, oral tablet
Along with its needed effects, senna (the active ingredient contained in Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips) may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking senna:Incidence not known
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to senna: compounding powder, oral disintegrating strip, oral granule, oral liquid, oral syrup, oral tablet, oral tablet chewable, rectal suppository
Gastrointestinal side effects have included esophageal impaction and duodenal bezoars. These effects have been reported in patients receiving a bulk laxative product containing 82% psyllium and 18% senna (the active ingredient contained in Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips) (commercially available as Perdiem Overnight Relief).[Ref]
Hypersensitivity side effects have rarely included occupational sensitization to senna (the active ingredient contained in Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips) [Ref]
Musculoskeletal side effects have rarely included finger clubbing.[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Perdiem Overnight Relief (psyllium)" Novartis Pharmaceuticals, East Hanover, NJ.
2. Helin T, Makinen-Kiljunen S "Occupational asthma and rhinoconjunctivitis caused by senna." Allergy 51 (1996): 181-4
3. Malmquist J, Ericsson B, Hulten-Nosslin MB, Jeppsson JO, Ljungberg O "Finger clubbing and aspartylglucosamine excretion in a laxative- abusing patient." Postgrad Med J 56 (1980): 862-4
4. Prior J, White I "Tetany and clubbing in patient who ingested large quantities of senna [letter." Lancet 2 (1978): 947
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips (senna)
- Pedia-Lax Quick Dissolve Strips Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: laxatives