Notuss-NX Side Effects
Generic name: chlorcyclizine / codeine
Note: This document contains side effect information about chlorcyclizine / codeine. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Notuss-NX.
Applies to chlorcyclizine/codeine: oral liquid
Frequency not reported: Respiratory depression
Frequency not reported: Excitability
Frequency not reported: Drowsiness[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Rashes, severe scarlatiniform eruptions, generalized dermatitis[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Blurred vision,
More about Notuss-NX (chlorcyclizine / codeine)
Related treatment guides
1. American Geriatrics Society 2012 Beers Criteria Update Expert Panel "American Geriatrics Society updated Beers Criteria for potentially inappropriate medication use in older adults." J Am Geriatr Soc 60 (2012): 616-31
2. "Product Information. Codeine Sulfate (codeine)." Lannett Company Inc, Philadelphia, PA.
3. Stambaugh JE Jr, McAdams J "Comparison of the analgesic efficacy and safety of oral ciramadol, codeine, and placebo in patients with chronic cancer pain." J Clin Pharmacol 27 (1987): 162-6
4. Max MB, Schafer SC, Culnane M, et al "Association of pain relief with drug side effects in postherpeticneuralgia: a single-dose study of clonidine, codeine, ibuprofen, and placebo." Clin Pharmacol Ther 43 (1988): 363-71
5. Stringer MD, Greenfield S, McIrvine AJ "Stercoral perforation of the colon following postoperative analgesia." J R Soc Med 80 (1987): 115-6
6. "Product Information. Notuss-NX (chlorcyclizine-codeine)." SJ Pharmaceuticals formerly Stewart-Jackson Pharmacal Inc, Atlanta, GA.
7. de Groot AC, Conemans J "Allergic urticarial rash from oral codeine." Contact Dermatitis 14 (1986): 209-14
8. Hastier P, Buckley MJM, Peten EP, Demuth N, Dumas R, Demarquay JF, CaroliBosc FX, Delmont JP "A new source of drug-induced acute pancreatitis: Codeine." Am J Gastroenterol 95 (2000): 3295-8
9. Shorr RI, Griffin MR, Daugherty JR, Ray WA "Opioid analgesics and the risk of hip fracture in the elderly: codeine and propoxyphene." J Gerontol 47 (1992): m111-5
10. Bradley CM, Nicholson AN "Effects of a mu-opoiod receptor agonist (codeine phosphate) on visuo-motor coordination and dynamic visual acuity in man." Br J Clin Pharmacol 22 (1986): 507-12
11. Malek-Ahmadi P, Ramsey ML "Acute psychosis associated with codeine and acetaminophen: a case report." Neurobehav Toxicol Teratol 7 (1985): 193-4
12. Cox RG "Hypoxaemia and hypotension after intravenous codeine phosphate." Can J Anaesth 41 (1994): 1211-3
13. Zolezzi M, Al Mohaimeed SA "Seizures with intravenous codeine phosphate." Ann Pharmacother 35 (2001): 1211-3
14. Redpath JB, Pleuvry BJ "Double-blind comparison of the respiratory and sedative effects of codeine phosphate and (+/-)-glaucine phosphate in human volunteers." Br J Clin Pharmacol 14 (1982): 555-8
15. Parke TJ, Nandi PR, Bird KJ, Jewkes DA "Profound hypotension following intravenous codeine phosphate: three case reports and some recommendations." Anaesthesia 47 (1992): 852-4
16. Gonzalogarijo MA, Revengaarranz F "Fixed drug eruption due to codeine." Br J Dermatol 135 (1996): 498-9
17. Hunskaar S, Dragsund S "Scarlatiniform rash and urticaria due to codeine." Ann Allergy 54 (1985): 240-1
18. Rodriguez F, Fernandez L, Garciaabujeta JL, Maquiera E, Llaca HF, Jerez J "Generalized dermatitis due to codeine." Contact Dermatitis 32 (1995): 120
19. Knaggs RD, Crighton IM, Cobby TF, Fletcher AJ, Hobbs GJ "The pupillary effects of intravenous morphine, codeine, and tramadol in volunteers." Anesth Analg 99 (2004): 108-12
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.