Nesiritide Side Effects
Commonly reported side effects of nesiritide include: asymptomatic hypotension, hypotension, symptomatic hypotension, and increased serum creatinine. See below for a comprehensive list of adverse effects.
For the Consumer
Applies to nesiritide: intravenous powder for solution
Along with its needed effects, nesiritide may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking nesiritide:
- Bluish lips or skin
- chest pain, tightness, or discomfort
- cool, clammy skin
- difficulty in breathing or shortness of breath
- fast, slow, or irregular heartbeat
- unusual tiredness or weakness
Some side effects of nesiritide may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
- Abdominal or stomach pain
- back pain
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings on the skin
- change in vision
- coughing or spitting up blood
- increased cough
- itching skin
- leg cramps
- pain or irritation at the injection site
- pale skin, unusual bleeding or bruising
- sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- trembling or shakiness
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to nesiritide: intravenous powder for injection
Very common (10% or more): Hypotension (12%)[Ref]
Very common (10% or more): GFR decreased (up to 31.4%), serum creatinine increased (up to 28%)[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Headache, dizziness[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Back pain[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Nausea[Ref]
Postmarketing reports: Infusion site extravasation[Ref]
Postmarketing reports: Hypersensitivity reaction[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Natrecore (nesiritide)" Scios Inc, Sunnyvale, CA.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about nesiritide
Other brands: Natrecor