Hyoscyamine / phenyltoloxamine Side Effects
Applies to hyoscyamine / phenyltoloxamine: oral capsule
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Loose stools (diarrhea).
- Feeling confused.
- Not able to pass urine or change in how much urine is passed.
- Not sweating during activities or in warm temperatures.
- A fast heartbeat.
- A heartbeat that does not feel normal.
- Not able to get or keep an erection.
- Blurred eyesight.
- Change in eyesight.
- Change in taste.
- Change in speech.
- Change in balance.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Feeling sleepy.
- Hard stools (constipation).
- Dry mouth.
- Larger pupils.
- Feeling nervous and excitable.
- Not able to sleep.
- Feeling tired or weak.
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about hyoscyamine/phenyltoloxamine
- Side Effects
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- En Español
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: anticholinergics/antispasmodics
Other brands: Digex NF