Hydrocodone GF Side Effects
Generic Name: chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone
Note: This document contains side effect information about chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Hydrocodone GF.
For the Consumer
Applies to chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone: oral capsule extended release, oral suspension extended release
Other dosage forms:
Check with your doctor immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone:
Incidence Not Known
- Decrease in frequency of urination
- decrease in urine volume
- difficult, painful, or troubled breathing
- difficulty in passing urine (dribbling)
- irregular, fast or slow, or shallow breathing
- pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
- tightness in the chest
Some side effects of chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:
Incidence Not Known
- false or unusual sense of well-being
- fear or nervousness
- itching skin or rash
- unusual drowsiness, dullness, tiredness, weakness, or feeling of sluggishness
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone: oral capsule extended release, oral liquid, oral suspension extended release
Frequency not reported: Dose-related respiratory depression including fatal respiratory depression, dryness of the pharynx, dryness of respiratory passages, laryngismus, wheezing, breathing trouble[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Mental clouding, confusion, anxiety, fear, dysphoria, psychic dependence, mood changes, euphoria, agitation, irritability
Frequency not reported: Chest tightness
Frequency not reported: Blurred, double, or other visual disturbances
1. "Product Information. Tussionex PennKinetic (chlorpheniramine-hydrocodone)." UCB Pharma Inc, Smyrna, GA.
2. "Product Information. Vituz (chlorpheniramine-hydrocodone)." Hawthorn Pharmaceuticals, Madison, MS.
3. "Product Information. HyTan (chlorpheniramine-hydrocodone)." Prasco Laboratories, Cincinnati, OH.
4. "Product Information. TussiCaps (chlorpheniramine-hydrocodone)." ECR Pharmaceuticals, Richmond, VA.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about Hydrocodone GF (chlorpheniramine / hydrocodone)
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- FDA Alerts (2)