Gynazole-1 Side Effects
Generic Name: butoconazole topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about butoconazole topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Gynazole-1.
For the Consumer
Applies to butoconazole topical: intravaginal cream
Side effects include:
Vulvar/vaginal burning, itching, soreness and swelling, pelvic or abdominal pain or cramping.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to butoconazole topical: vaginal cream
Frequency not reported: Irritation[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Thrombocytopenia[Ref]
1. Brown D Jr, Henzl MR, LePage ME, Tsao LL, Izu AE, Walker KA, Adamson GD, Droegmuller W "Butoconazole vaginal cream in the treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis. Comparison with miconazole nitrate and placebo." J Reprod Med 31 (1986): 1045-8
2. Ruf H, Vitse M "A comparison of butoconazole nitrate cream with econazole nitrate cream for the treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis." J Int Med Res 18 (1990): 389-99
3. "Butoconazole or vulvovaginal candidiasis." Med Lett Drugs Ther 28 (1986): 68
4. "Product Information. Femstat (butoconazole)." Syntex Laboratories Inc, Palo Alto, CA.
5. Maloley PA, Nelson E, Montgomery HA, Campbell JR "Severe reversible thrombocytopenia resulting from butoconazole cream." DICP 24 (1990): 143-4
Some side effects of Gynazole-1 may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
More about Gynazole-1 (butoconazole topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 2 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: vaginal anti-infectives
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.