Gynazole-1 Side Effects
Generic Name: butoconazole topical
Note: This document contains side effect information about butoconazole topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Gynazole-1.
For the Consumer
Applies to butoconazole topical: intravaginal cream
Side effects include:
Vulvar/vaginal burning, itching, soreness and swelling, pelvic or abdominal pain or cramping.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to butoconazole topical: vaginal cream
Common (1% to 10%): Vulvar/vaginal burning, itching, soreness, swelling; pelvic pain or cramping[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Irritation[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Abdominal pain or cramping[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Headache[Ref]
Thrombocytopenia developed 1 week after beginning this drug. It resolved slowly over the next few weeks after drug discontinuation.[Ref]
Frequency not reported: Thrombocytopenia[Ref]
1. Brown D Jr, Henzl MR, LePage ME, Tsao LL, Izu AE, Walker KA, Adamson GD, Droegmuller W "Butoconazole vaginal cream in the treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis. Comparison with miconazole nitrate and placebo." J Reprod Med 31 (1986): 1045-8
2. Ruf H, Vitse M "A comparison of butoconazole nitrate cream with econazole nitrate cream for the treatment of vulvovaginal candidiasis." J Int Med Res 18 (1990): 389-99
3. "Butoconazole or vulvovaginal candidiasis." Med Lett Drugs Ther 28 (1986): 68
4. "Product Information. Femstat (butoconazole)." Syntex Laboratories Inc, Palo Alto, CA.
5. Maloley PA, Nelson E, Montgomery HA, Campbell JR "Severe reversible thrombocytopenia resulting from butoconazole cream." DICP 24 (1990): 143-4
Some side effects of Gynazole-1 may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
More about Gynazole-1 (butoconazole topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 2 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: vaginal anti-infectives