Chloraseptic Total Sore Throat+Cough Lozenges Side Effects
Generic Name: benzocaine / dextromethorphan / menthol
Note: This document contains side effect information about benzocaine / dextromethorphan / menthol. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Chloraseptic Total Sore Throat+Cough Lozenges.
Postmarketing reports: Methemoglobinemia[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Cold & Hot (menthol topical)." Major Pharmaceuticals Inc, Livonia, MI.
2. "Product Information. Cepacol Lozenges (cetylpyridinium topical)." GlaxoSmithKline Inc, Oakville, IA.
3. "Product Information. Lanacane (benzocaine topical)." Combe Inc, White Plains, NY.
4. Stubb S, Reitamo S "Fixed-drug eruption due to dextromethorphan ." Arch Dermatol 126 (1990): 970-1
5. "Product Information. Chloraseptic (benzocaine topical)." Procter and Gamble Pharmaceuticals, Mason, OH.
6. "Product Information. Dermoplast (benzocaine topical)." MedTech Inc, Irvington, NY.
7. Knowles SR, Weber E "Dextromethorphan anaphylaxis." J Allerg Clin Immunol 102 (1998): 316-7
8. Hall RC, Beresford TP, Stickney SK, Nasdahl CS, Coleman JH "Psychiatric reactions produced by respiratory drugs." Psychosomatics 26 (1985): 605-8,616-7
9. Throm MJ, Stevens MD, Hansen C "Benzocaine-induced methemoglobinemia in two patients: interdisciplinary collaboration, management, and near misses." Pharmacotherapy 27 (2007): 1206-14
10. Cerner Multum, Inc. "UK Summary of Product Characteristics." O 0
11. Helfer J, Kim OM "Psychoactive abuse potential of Robitussin-DM." Am J Psychiatry 147 (1990): 672-3
12. Bostwick JM "Dextromethorphan-induced manic symptoms in a bipolar patient on lithium." Psychosomatics 37 (1996): 571-2
13. "Product Information. Solarcaine Plus Aloe (benzocaine topical)." Schering-Plough Healthcare Products, Memphis, TN.
14. Murray S, Brewerton T "Abuse of over-the-counter dextromethorphan by teenagers." South Med J 86 (1993): 1151-3
15. "Product Information. Outgro Pain Relief (benzocaine topical)." MedTech Inc, Irvington, NY.
16. "Product Information. Vagisil Feminine Cream (benzocaine topical)." Combe Inc, White Plains, NY.
17. "Product Information. Stopain (menthol topical)." DRJ Group Inc, Carlsbad, CA.
18. "Product Information. Hurricaine (benzocaine topical)." Beutlich, Waukegan, IL.
19. "Product Information. BENGAY Pain Relieving (menthol topical)." Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals Group, New York, NY.
20. Wolfe TR, Caravati EM "Massive dextromethorphan ingestion and abuse." Am J Emerg Med 13 (1995): 174-6
21. Polles A, Griffith JL "Dextromethorphan-induced mania." Psychosomatics 37 (1996): 71-4
22. "Product Information. Americaine Hemorrhoidal (benzocaine topical)." Novartis Consumer Health, Parsippany, NJ.
Some side effects of Chloraseptic Total Sore Throat+Cough Lozenges may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
More about Chloraseptic Total Sore Throat+Cough Lozenges (benzocaine / dextromethorphan / menthol)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Drug Interactions
- 0 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: mouth and throat products
Related treatment guides
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. In addition, the drug information contained herein may be time sensitive and should not be utilized as a reference resource beyond the date hereof. This material does not endorse drugs, diagnose patients, or recommend therapy. This information is a reference resource designed as supplement to, and not a substitute for, the expertise, skill , knowledge, and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate safety, effectiveness, or appropriateness for any given patient. Drugs.com does not assume any responsibility for any aspect of healthcare administered with the aid of materials provided. The information contained herein is not intended to cover all possible uses, directions, precautions, warnings, drug interactions, allergic reactions, or adverse effects. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.