Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin topical Side Effects
Commonly reported side effects of benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin topical include: xeroderma. See below for a comprehensive list of adverse effects.
For the Consumer
Applies to benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin topical: external gel, external kit
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad irritation where this drug is used.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Irritation where this drug is used.
- Dry skin.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Very common (10% or more): Erythema (up to 28%), scaling (up to 19%), peeling (up to 17%), dry skin (up to 15%), itching (up to 15%)
Common (1% to 10%): Pruritus, sunburn, burning, stinging
Frequency not reported: Colitis
Common (1% to 10%): Application site reaction
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Application site pain, application site exfoliation, application site irritation
Postmarketing reports: Discoloration[Ref]
Common (1% to 10%): Headache
Uncommon (0.1% to 1%): Paresthesia[Ref]
1. "Product Information. Duac (benzoyl peroxide-clindamycin topical)." Stiefel Laboratories Inc, Coral Gables, FL.
2. "Product Information. BenzaClin Topical Gel (benzoyl peroxide-clindamycin topical)" Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Swiftwater, PA.
3. "Product Information. Onexton (benzoyl peroxide-clindamycin topical)." Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Costa Mesa, CA.
4. "Product Information. Acanya (benzoyl peroxide-clindamycin topical)." Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Costa Mesa, CA.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.
More about benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin topical
- Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin topical Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 424 Reviews
- Drug class: topical acne agents
- Benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin topical
- Clindamycin and Benzoyl Peroxide Gel (10-Week Storage)
- Clindamycin and Benzoyl Peroxide Gel (60-Day Storage)
- Clindamycin and Benzoyl Peroxide Gel (90-Day Storage)
- Clindamycin and Benzoyl Peroxide Gel with Moisturizer Cream
- Benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin Topical application (Advanced Reading)