User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Acne 329 reviews 536 medications

8.1
Summary of Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin reviews 329 reviews 8.1

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin

For Acne: "I started using these two cremes about a year ago. They worked wonderfully and cleared up my acne and got rid of my acne scars. I had no side effects at first. Once all my acne scars were cleared up I stopped using the creams.acne didn't show back up on me face until about two months later,so I started using the cremes again.for some reason Everytime I used the products my face would turn red and itchy.it has been like this ever since. I thought maybe it was because my prescription expired but once I received a new prescription my face had the same side effects."

Jawday (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 20, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "My oldest son had horrible acne in high school. He is blonde and fair-skinned and had horrible red bumps all over his face. After 3-4 years of trying everything over the counter and 2-3 trips to the dermatologist , the pediatrician finally gave my youngest son a sample of duac and my older son used it and it worked wonders. His face finally cleared up. His skin is very sensitive and I don't remember a lot of drying as others have mentioned. But, he put it just on the pimples and not all over his face, though he had so much acne it pretty much was all over his face and his back. I wish I had found this sooner! One over counter "University Medical Acne med for rosacea" actually worked but they stopped making it soon after we discovered."

design77 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I have struggled with moderate to severe acne since high school (now 24) and have tried just about every product on the market including two rounds of accutane. Last week, I saw my Derm and she put me on Onexton, as well as Retin-A. After less than a week of being on this combination my skin looks better than it has in months and I'm certain it is primarily due to Onexton. Fair warning- the first few days of this medication are very, very rough. I looked like a burn victim and my entire face was peeling, red and burning. However, by about day 4 or 5 it had appeared as though I had gotten a chemical peel and my skin was glowing! Im so, so happy with this medication and have been recommending it to everyone I know."

NCLE March 16, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I had acne for 5 years, saw many doctors and they all said nothing would help me and I would have acne for the rest of my life. I tried many creams, nothing worked. Then a dermatologist prescribed Duac and after about 3 weeks my skin was 100% clear. She told me to use a very thin layer at night and to use a heavy moisturiser in the morning to protect my skin. She also told me to stay out of the Sun at the time as your skin becomes thinner and more sensitive. Yes, in the beginning my skin was red and dry, but that goes away after a few days. Thats how you know it's working. It's definitely worth a few days of irritated skin knowing you'll have perfect skin after. Duac saved my skin. I'm forever grateful!!"

iamnaomi March 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "It's expensive but it WORKS!! My insurance covers it so I basically had a risk free try. I'll definitely be refilling my prescription. I bought proactive. And after a month I was seeing the results I wanted so my doctor prescribed this. I use it at night as it can dry the face. I use Spectro to wash my face day and night. It helps with the dryness. But honestly, it's been a couple weeks and my present acne is already fading. I had maybe one zit come up and it isn't all nasty and it's shrinking. I highly recommend especially if you have an oil problem."

Radicleorder (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Was prescribed this just a week ago and was told to use it twice a day after washing my face for my acne. I did this but it has left my face all dry, itchy, patchy and some part of my face looks like its been burned. I've stopped using it now and I won't be ever using this again, it slightly worked on calming down my acne spots but this cream has made my face look a thousand times worse."

Att February 26, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Had reasonably bad acne before using it with big red spots coming up and white spots that needed popping every morning without fail. Once doctor gave me this and advised using moisturiser at the same time I no longer had spots everyday and by the day the spots are reducing and it's only been 3 weeks. Good stuff"

Lalalalala12 February 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I have only used this one day and can already tell a difference in the redness of my acne and scars."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I used this cream for my acne and about 3 months later it cleared up my skin. However it did leave my skin Itchy, dry and very red. I stopped using the cream for about a month and use it occasionally when I get a spot, but when I go to take it off I have a red mask on! It's worse than having spots to be fair. I have red patches everywhere and it takes a while to go. Does anyone know how to get rid of the red itchy skin?"

Girly321 February 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I never really had acne but around 2 years ago, I started to get pimples on my hairline but nothing too serious. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Duac. Though my pimples cleared away, my skin got extremely dry, to the point where I was so embarrassed to go anywhere cos my skin was so flaky and dry. I was so upset because it just didn't go away. After about an year, I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed me this this cream called 'ELIDEL' (prescription only), which basically saved my life, after about a couple months my skin was much better. so after multiple visits to the doctor and almost 2 years later, my skin is finally close to how it used to be. so in short be careful when you use Duac, but I would recommend never using"

Keerthana131 (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Less problem with drying skin if you use sparingly. One tube lasts me about 10 weeks, using daily on face, neck and upper back"

Little is best (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "So far I have only been on this for two weeks and it has already drastically helped my skin! pharmacy noted that it can take 8 weeks for a pimple to form so the best results you'll see in two months but two weeks and I'm already so happy with this topical gel for my face! It does really dry your skin out so I highly recommend using a really good face cream (I'm using nivea mattify so it doesn't have to be a medicated or even an expensive cream just find a good one that wont clog your pores) and I only use the gel when I go to sleep at night not twice a day so I recommend doing this (even just to start if your doctor does want you to use it twice a day ease your way in) the first 4 days I only put it on for 2 hours to let skin get used to it."

charchar987 February 9, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Have been using the cream for about a week, on my jawline/cheek where after several months of failed creams, face washes, I was recommended this cream by my gp. Admittedly it has left my skin v.dry and is getting flakey, but is also getting rid of the acne. Be careful that you do wash your hands afterwards, and not to touch affected area after applying cream, as I have unwittingly the first 2/3 nights caused the cream to spread to areas where I have no acne, causing the skin to dry out. Am interested to see as others have commented before, as to whether or not the dryness eases up after my skin acclimatises to the cream. Would definitely recommend intense moisturising on affected area."

Tara Palmer (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Horrible! This product should not even be prescribed to anyone! I had a very very severe reaction on my skin and ended up worse than with my acne. The allergic reaction showed two days after the first application, disgrace! and Now three days after the first very very small application (of a very expensive cream, mind you) all of my face and neck is full of red blotches similar to a first degree burn! I have to miss days from work until this reaction passes because I cannot even go out in the sun as the itchiness flares up! So if you care for your skin DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!"

Ms M (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "My GP had prescribed this to me at my requests for something to deal with my acne. I used this medication for about a month or a little longer. This medication dries out my face something terrible. I had to slather moisturizer on my face, which was probably counterintuitive. The medication worked well at drying out existing acne on my face but did nothing to prevent new acne. Every day I would wake up to new zits. I ended up going to a dermatologist and had something else prescribed. Also, with this medication containing benzoyl peroxide it stains your sheets very badly (thankfully, I already had a pillow case that resisted staining, same can't be said for the sheets)."

CassieMcQ (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I've been using this product for about 6 months now and it is great. I noticed that it also prevents breakouts from happening as well as getting rid of existing breakouts and it also fades scars due to the bleaching effect. I would not recommend you use this around your eyes or on your eyelids the product can make them puffy. Also apply a very thin layer because this product is very drying! As an effect of drying out all the oils causing clearer skin. Overall this is a great product and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has acne."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I used this medication for 2 years. It took approximately 4 months of using it once a day to see the full results. It totally curbed my oily skin and reduced my breakouts significantly, though I would still have 1-2 pimples at any given time. In the last year of use, I applied it twice a day and used an SPF50 sunscreen with it. I was FINALLY starting to see my scars fade when my doctor switched my medication:( I loved Benzaclin, and found it affordable since I have insurance."

KKD106 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 22, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "I love it! Worked wonders for skin and other people noticed that my skin is so smooth and clear !"

Mimi Gueye January 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Duac has and is working well for me. Granted it does dry the hell out of my skin so I make sure to exfoliate in the daytime 2 to 3 times a week and use coconut oil on particularly dry patches otherwise things like foundation look awful on top of the dryness. Saying that, I have been able to comfortably be able to wear no makeup most of the time anyway as the Duac really has seemed to have got ridden of the bad spots. I'm left with some red marks/scars from acne but that can easily be concealed. Only cons are the drying out of skin and the fact it has to be kept in the fridge as I'm constantly on the move! Overall it's been the best thing for me and my skin"

Demidark0 January 12, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "This gel was prescribed for me by my doctor.. It was crazy expensive.. I yet to see results 1 week after.. I know it takes time but my acne hurts soo badly.. I've past my confidence on looking this way I just hope this gel really does work!"

Acnesucks:( January 8, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I was prescribed duac gel for my acne. At first it worked wonders on my skin and cleared up my acne. I found sometimes that it would dry out my skin though so I had to moisturise everyday. After using it for about 5 months I took a break from using it. About 5 months later I starting to use duac gel again, as I seen my acne was slowly starting to reappear. However when I started using it the second time I woke up the next morning and my eyes were very swollen, red and itchy. I thought it may have been something that I had eaten the previous day but as I continued to use duac gel every night, every morning I woke up I had very swollen, red and itchy eyes. Last night I used duac gel and I woke up with severely swollen eyes and had to go to GP"

Carla. January 6, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Taro-Clindamycin/Benzoyl Peroxide Gel has changed my skin! I never really struggled that bad with acne, I started getting some pimples in grade 6 and I am now 18 and before I started using this I would have a few cystic pimples on my chin, I hated the feeling of them and I hated how they were so noticeable on my face, they really made me feel insecure. So one day my friend told me about this product and I started using it on Halloween day, it's now January 3 and I have not one pimple on my face and I haven't had one since I started using it! I had to ask my doctor for it and I'm so happy my friend recommended it to me. It does dry out your skin a little bit but you adjust to the cream and it's so worth it!! I totally recommend this"

Marsbar55 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "Using for 4 years.. No side effects at all"

V!cky (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 30, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Acne: "After about 2 months this medication started working. Previously I had acne on my forehead and cysts would sometimes appear on my cheeks. It was the clearest it had been in years and it was working very well. Fast forward 8 months from the starting date and my acne was back to where it began. It was very disappointing for it to work and then stop working."

Anonymous December 20, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I started to have acne issues after. Was trying to treat it with simple anti acne medicines. Didn't help to recover fully, but managed to reduce a bit. Thought it's taking too long time (1.5months), so went to GP, who prescribed me Duac. Started to apply, the next morning acne seemed to start drying. So continued for the next night. On day 3 woke up with severe redness on my forehead, chin and places around nose. It was weekend, so couldn't go to see my GP straight away. Had to call my friend doctor who said that the redness is caused by allergic reaction. Apparently it took time before Duac got absorbed into my skin and reached blood capillary. That's why it took a while before allergy appeared. Be very careful with this gel!!!!"

Di A (taken for less than 1 month) December 18, 2016