User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin topical

7.8

Summary of Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin reviews 7.8 495 reviews

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin

Whimbie July 16, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I was prescribed this by my doctor for some minor cystic acne around my chin (I'm in my mid-20s) I used it as instructed knowing that due to the benzyl peroxide it would irritate and dry the skin initially but after five days I just had to stop. My skin became raw, red, flaky, excoriated, discoloured and painfully dry. It made my skin WORSE, instead of a few ugly spots my I now had angry, red, peeling patches on my face and for nearly a week I had to slather on liberal amounts of moisturiser and bio-oil just to keep the itchiness, irritation and pain of my dry cracked skin down to tolerable levels. Five days of using Duac and it took my skin over a week to get to the point where I don't have to layer on moisturiser to get through the day (still not even back to where it was pre-duac) and the worst part was, didn't even help with the spots! They're still there. Completely useless, made my skin so much worse. 100% would not recommend."

Kitty · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "In my 40s have always had a breakout now and then particularly along jaw line and upper back, nothing major - a few long lasting under the skin bumps. Been using Duac 3% for 3 weeks. Amazed how clear my skin is but wow after 9 days of using cream, my skin flared up, red, itchy, burning sensation. I may have been applying too much cream! Stopped using to allow my skin to settle. After 4 days restarted with a very thinly applied layer, a tiny amount. My skin still itches after application but I am determined to ride it through to see the results. Applied it along my jaw line at night and woke up with severe itchiness - I am not sure if I am allergic or if this is normal until the skin gets used to it so I will persevere as aesthetically I am happy but the after effects normally come on during the night, which means lack of sleep not so great. Is it normal to itch so badly with this cream?"

Aly · Taken for less than 1 month July 7, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I was prescribed to use duac gel just 2 days ago of this post and I am already seeing changes to my skin , my skin is toned and my white pimples are vanishing , she also said to apply the gel in the night and wash it in the morning and apply sunblock to keep my skin moisturized and protected from pollutants!"

Mars · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 4, 2019

For Acne: "I had really bad cystic acne that drove me crazy. I went to my doctor who prescribed me the benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin gel and when using it at first it did get worse before I saw any improvement which my dr did say that could happen. But after a few weeks I saw results and few months later I’m all clear:) even though I don’t have it as bad anymore I still continue to use the product every night."

Charlotte · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 2, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Was an on and off experience. Some weeks my skin looks great then some weeks it didn't. I changed my diet and cut out diary that seemed to have helped more so than the cream. My friend used Femmodette and that has cleared her acne completely. I would suggest this to any young girl"

c · Taken for less than 1 month July 1, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I have acne only on my chin which has got worse over time. I first used Duac last year and it worked a charm. Then when I came off it, my acne got worse again and I went on prescribed acne tablets. Then I came off the tablets and my skin got worse again. I’m now on summer holidays and I feel horrible about my skin so went on Duac again. This time, my skin has become really irritated, flaky, tight and very painful. It hasn’t worked like last time and I go on holiday tomorrow and I’m now panicked. I will be using a cetaphil suncream as suncream is a huge issue for my skin. I don’t have any sugar/sweet stuff, I avoid dairy and I’m very sporty. My friends’ acne is clearing up and mine is getting worse. I do everything to help my acne, from on my face to inside my gut but nothing seems to work anymore :("

Sed July 1, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "It caused me irritations, made me extremely itchy and I have red blotches all over my face. I would say that the negatives outweigh the positive, and I would not recommend this as the side effects are not worth it."

Nicky · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 25, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "The first time my daughter used duac, her acne vanished almost completely. But when the tube finished, she had a few months break from using it. Resulting her acne to come back. Then I bought her a new tube, this time it didn't do well as before."

drkkplge · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2019

For Acne: "It’s been a full week today using benzoyl peroxide and clindamycin and I’ve seen a drastic difference in my acne. About 95% of it is gone! I’ve been using Benzoyl Peroxide & Clindamycin 5%/1%. During the latter part of the week I started to use Salicylic Acid. The Benzoyl/Clin alone does dry out your face (so keep a good moisturizer on you) + Salicylic definitely can dry out your face. But this has been the only thing that’s helped me. This definitely out weighs the dryness!! I love it!!"

Tori June 21, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "One word. WOW! I went to my GP for a regular health check up and while I was there got on the topic of my acne which I’ve had for 2 years. The doctor prescribed me Duac, to which by this point I had almost given up on everything and had no intentions of trying something else. I took the prescription and thought I’ll just try it. After spending $1000s of dollars on facials, skin care products I had no hope at this point. After 3 days I could see such a difference in my skin, it was already so much clearer. I’m now 3 weeks in and have no active acne and no congestion under my skin and I can’t believe it. Such an amazing product. As far as the side effects, my face was dry the first week and nothing you couldn’t fix without a little moisturizer. Might I add, I can now also enjoy the odd chocolate or lolly without breaking out. This product really keeps the pimples at bay. So thankful for coming across Duac. Absolute lifesaver."

fer · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "After dealing with acne from almost a decade, it shattered my confidence, I didn't attend my sisters wedding because of my acne. I cried and felt suicidal. I tried EVERYTHING. Finally I went to my doctor and prescribed me Duac along with Lymecycline- Oh. My.God!! I saw results within 3 days, my blackheads redness went down, everyone started seeing improvements! and my confidence shot up which made me do better in school and clubs. This, I cannot stress enough literally saved my life! This was the last thing I was willing to try, if it didn't work I don't think I would be here today."

Shelby · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 7, 2019

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I love this product Onexton. Disclaimer, it can cause dryness so I apply a facial moisturizer first for sensitive skin. I’ve struggled with acne since puberty and I am now 27 and have clear skin. I’ve tried so many products throughout the years and this one works so well. I got a retail coupon with my derm so it costs $65 but you only need to apply a small amount of gel and it goes so far. I would definitely recommend this medication."

abi · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 29, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I started using Duac about 3 months ago, with quite bad spots on my forehead. I began noticing a change a week into using the cream, and now it has shrunk all my spots and has stopped any new ones coming. Best I've ever used and I didn't have any dry/red skin as a side effect either. Amazing!"

frustrated mom · Taken for less than 1 month May 21, 2019

For Acne: "My 11 year old recently started breaking out with acne. We tried the over the counter stuff but nothing was working so I took her to the dermatologist. She prescribed clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide. I was a little worried about how strong it was so we just used a very little and only on the very worst spots. Washed her face that night with a gentle soap,patted dry,waited a little while and then applied before bed. in the morning, her face was leathery, peeling, and had these large red spots. It looks like a chemical burn or severe sun burn. I have never seen anything like this! crying right now! This product should be banned. Why does an acne medicine have to destroy someone face? it's horrible!"

LRose · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "So far so good. I’m 28 and unfortunately only started with acne in my 20’s. I must of spent 100’s of dollars on different products ranging from face washes, masks, creams and even bought an acne lamp. Absolutely none of those options have worked and recently I’ve become more and more conscious of my skin and wish I had the confidence to be make up free. I went to the Doctors as a final resort as I despise going to the doctors. I was prescribed Duac and I’m coming up to week 3 of using it. I would say that the change in my skin is remarkable. At first, I did have the red flaky rash but researched and found that using an oil free moisturiser along side it helps and it has. I’ve had family and friends comment saying that my skin looks a lot better and I feel less conscious of my skin helping me to gain more confidence in the hope of becoming make up free. Let’s hope it continues!"

Heidiboo May 12, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I have used Duac for my acne constantly for 7 years and found it to be brilliant. I suffer with cystic acne and found that this kept breakouts to a minimum. I did suffer with the dryness and burning others mentioned but my skin quickly got used to this and I enjoyed virtually blemish free skin. However, at the start of this year I kept getting thick scaly dried skin down the sides of my face which would itch and burn, then I developed the worse acne I have ever had on my cheeks, after doing lots of research I realised that I have developed a tolerance to the clindamycin ingredient in Duac, my skin has become resistant to antibiotics. I also have very oily skin on the sides of my face, this I have also never experienced and a very large shiny patch on the left side too. In all honesty I am surprised that I was allowed to use it for so long. I never did ask How long can I use Duac but they should have stopped giving to me. I will give my skin a break for a couple of weeks and then try Epiduo. Has anyone else experienced this?"

megan · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I am a teen who has had severe acne for two years with red angry spots and whiteheads I was prescribed Duac which I have been going on it for week now. It hasn't taken away all my spots but has shrunk them considerably it doesn't sting but can cause redness and can make your face feel very tight. If you use make-up wash it off in the morning because it will come up really wierd under foundation and flakey and I would recommend using moisturiser before using and in the morning. I'm not getting and new spots coming either :)"

Angry April 28, 2019

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I spent over $100 for Onexxton to completely destroy my skin. Do not use this if you have sensitive skin. It made my skin so dry and sensitive that I caused more breakouts. I have disfiguring scars from the cystic pimples that Onexton caused. I stopped using this six months ago and my pores are still large, my skin is red, and since my skin is so sensitive I constantly have breakouts that I can’t do anything to prevent since topicals could cause further damage. This is definitely one of my worst decisions."

Private123 · Taken for less than 1 month April 14, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I started using Duac gel about a week ago, on the good side I have actually seen some improvements on my forehead however I had to stop using it as it has really badly irritated my skin. It’s red, blotchy, dry, flaky, itchy, burning and rough. at first this started on my chin but has now spread all over my face and is extremely uncomfortable."

Liz April 14, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "My daugher is 14 years old and had been suffering from acne for about 2 years. She'd tried everything and then I took her to the doctors and they gave her Duac gel. At first she thought this isn’t going to work the Doc told her that it would take 4 to 6 weeks to see a difference but it’s only been a week and I see a massive difference in her skin , it made her skin go dry and patchy the first couple of days so she just added oil free moisturiser and it helps and her skin is so smooth looking since using this gel. I highly recommended this!!"

mnatyyang · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2019

For Acne: "So I used this for a couple of weeks a while ago after long term large acne in my chin area. It seemed to be helping and I only used it every other night or so. After a few weeks of pretty good results I quit thinking maybe I was just not in the acne phase anymore. Recently I started breaking out in my chin region again and nothing helped. So, I remembered this prescription and used it faithfully 2x a day. 3 days in and I can see a higher difference already. I say keep with this medication, side effects are just the norm, dryness where it is applied, slight stinging and tightness but the benefits outweigh the small side effects"

Diva · Taken for less than 1 month March 29, 2019

For Acne: "I suffered with acne all my life. 3 months ago I started this benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin cream as per doctors order and I now almost have perfect skin. My self confidence has sure upgraded if I may say so . I would recommend this to anyone who is suffering with acne."

Libby March 22, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I’ve been on this cream for 3 days and can honestly see the different already in my severe acne in my face not to mention the improvements in blackheads is amazing too"

Crystal · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2019

For Acne: "About 2 months ago I got bad acne out of nowhere. In my whole life I never had problems with acne just the normal few pimples here and there. So I had no clue what was happening and my confidence went plummeting. I’ve been using this benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin for about 3 days now and my acne has cleared up so much it’s insane. I already feel more confident than before."

AshG March 7, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I’ve suffered with mild to moderate acne from about 14 years old & had tried almost every product & treatment method possible. As I turned 20 I’d noticed all my friends who’d had bad spots had lovely clear skin & I was the only one who still had acne. I went to my doctor & she prescribed me Duac. Within 3 days the bumps I’d had under the skin on my forehead for years had gone. I was thrilled & my skin became the clearest & softest it’d been since I was a child! After a week I had no spots at all, even maintaining clear skin on my period. However, when I reached the end of my second month using it I reduced the frequency of applying as I started to get redness on my cheeks after washing it off. I’ve now been off of it for 5 weeks & my skin is back to where it was before I started the course & the confidence I’d found through having clear skin has vanished which is disappointing. The product itself worked marvellously for the 9/10 weeks I used it though & the first couple after!"

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)