User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Acne
7.9

Summary of Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin reviews 7.9 444 reviews

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin

For Acne: "Before I tried this medication, I used Tactu Pump which gave me cystic acne so I was prescribed this to hopefully clear it up. I have been on taro-clindamycin/benzoyl peroxide for about a year now. Yes, my skin has definitely cleared up but it isn't totally clear. I realize there are many contributing factors to acne but the improvement definitely plateaued after a few months of use. I will continue to use it, and it does work, but is not the most effective acne prescription for me."

m (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 11, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I'm 33 and have had moderate acne for most of my adult life. The worst ones start really deep so I can't pop them, leaving me with a dime size red mark until it gets to the surface. I've tried Murad, proactive and over the counter stuff but it made my skin flaky. Benzaclin took about 2 weeks before I saw results. It made my skin dry but I increased the time between applying to every 36 hours which helped. I get about one zit a week but no more really deep ones. I use it sparingly and it lasts 4 months. Highly recommended."

gonucks (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 11, 2018

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I switched my birth control and started getting some break outs so I started using onexton. It cleared my skin pretty fast, but it just makes my skin super dry and irritated that I have to use super heavy moisturizers. Other than that, it’s effective in preventing breakouts and getting rid of acne"

anonymoususer187 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 5, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Honestly this has helped me so so so much probably the only acne cream that has changed my skin. I used to suffer with so many pimples and this completely got rid of everything even my marks"

Lisa (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Duac is amazing! I went to the doctors 3 days ago and was prescribed this, I collected it straight away and began to use it. 3 days later all the redness has disappeared from my spots, and if not cleared most of them up already! Just working on the underskin bumps! It has not dried my face out at all, but did read reviews before use and have used a light moisturiser as well as and my face is as clear as it has been in 4 years! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!"

hellokitty (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I am a 31 year old female with extreme hormonal acne when I am not on the pill. I have so many inflamed deep big cystic acne that it changes the shape of my face. Since I started using benzaclin, the months old zits are finally coming to a head and drying up. I am using this in combination with Yasmin birth control because I know by experience that they will keep coming back, but I will still be using benzaclin to accelerate the healing time of old and new pimples."

Sisi (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

For Acne: "This stuff does wonders! It takes a few weeks to get used to it as it dries your face so much. For the first couple of weeks my face was very dry, flakey, tight and it stung when I put it on my face. Even with a good moisturizer it was a still dry. Persevere!!! It gets better. Immediately saw improvements with less breakouts and redness improved."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "After using Duac with excellent results on my sebaceous hyperplasias and acne for two weeks, one morning I put the gel on my face and my skin became horrifically swollen, red, and painful. I also became nauseous. Even my neck, scalp, and lips were inflamed, and I did not apply Duac there. After removing the gel, I remained nauseous and somewhat inflamed the rest of the morning, but my skin eventually settled down, with residual redness around my eyelids, which lasted for days. Very disappointed that I had such a reaction after it was working so well, but I cannot risk ending up in the hospital, so I discontinued it and will speak to my dermatologist about alternatives."

Lily V (taken for less than 1 month) September 26, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Suffered from very bad cheek spots, no drug store face cleansers worked. Went to the doctors and they prescribed me this - within 2 weeks they were near enough gone. An absolute god send, my confidence is back and my skin is clear. I get the odd breakout and reapply and they're down within 2 days. It's so worth it. Stings for the first few days while skin gets use to it."

GBOT (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I just got prescribed this from GP and used it only once and majority of my acne has gone away this is amazing. Hopefully it will continue to keep working."

Denise (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "This medication is terrible. I had only a bit of acne when my GP recommended this. Taking this was the worst decision of my life. It made my acne only slightly better but in exchange I got extremely red flaky painful skin. Therefore, I decided to stop using it entirely in hopes that my skin would go back to normal. This drug works by killing all the bacteria on your skin both good and bad (I hadn’t done my research or known this at the time). So when I quit using It my skin had no good bacteria left to defend against the bad; resulting in the worst breakout of my life. I now have cystic acne on my cheeks, forehead, and chin. My skin has never looked this terrible in my entire life (I normally have clear skin). I’m warning anyone out there with moderate acne and sensitive combination skin DO NOT USE THIS if you’re looking for clear skin there are better solutions out there. Please save yourself the heartache."

Katie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 18, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Hi, I was prescribed this medication on the NHS. I don't have really bad acne but wasn't happy with my skin. I'm 22 and I'd never had particularly bad skin so it was a bit of a surprise when my skin started acting up. I really wanted to write a review as I'd read loads of the reviews on here and found them really helpful. During the first week of using this product I found it super irritating, itchy and my skin was so dry it felt like leather. All I can say is, please persevere if you're experiencing these symptoms. While it was so uncomfortable I'm now 4 weeks in, experiencing none of these symptoms and my skin is clear. I've got my confidence back!"

Elise (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "This stuff is amazing for clearing your skin . Only down side is it can make your skin quite dry I would recommend making a natural blend of honey used coffee granules and oat meal to exfoliate the dry skin . If your struggling with acne I would definitely recommend trying this product out"

Lia (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 14, 2018

For Acne: "So I’ve been applying the cream on my face for a week now and my skin feels extremely dry and tight, its starting to get a bit flakey around my mouth and nose area, and whenever I apply moisturizer after giving the cream some time to set in my skin (at night) my skin burnsssssss for a long time. I’m still breaking out (not as bad as I normally do) and my skin cleared up a bit, I’m just not sure if I should continue or go back to my doc."

SadQueen (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I have never experienced having bad skin, I usually get the occasional hormonal spot. However, around April time I started getting loads more spots. I wouldn’t say it was severe acne, but it brought down my self esteem and confidence soo much. I’m 23 and should not be getting outbursts like I did. I tried sooo many over the counter products like tea tree oil, sudocrem, clean and clear etc and nothing worked. My friend recommended duac to me and it’s literally changed my life so much. I have really resilient skin, so haven’t experienced any dryness, burning or tightening etc...all it has done is clear up 90% of my spots in a month! I’ve just got another tube from my doctor, but this time the 5% to help tackle the more difficult ones on my chin that won’t budge! Over all, duac has helped bring my confidence back!!!"

Chloe (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I used this cream for 3 nights and for the past 72 hours my face has been red, extremely dry, very tight and I’ve had a painful burning sensation and my face can’t seem to cool down whatsoever. For the dryness, I tried a very small amount of moisturiser on an area of my face and it just burned and stung more :("

Hamiltonfan (taken for less than 1 month) September 3, 2018

For Acne: "Ok so I have had horrible acne for years and years and years. 18 years of disgusting acne face. Stopped me going out. Ruined my life actually. I tried everything. This is the only stuff that has ever worked for me. Yes it took a good few months to start working but wow I have been completely acne free now for 4 months!! May not be for everyone but wow this sure as hell works for me!!"

Kittykat (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 28, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I've been putting up with acne for 3 years and now have been using this product for a few months and for me it's the best solution to clear up my skin. I can also recommend Acnecide gel which you don't have to get from the doctor but it doesn't have antibiotic in it like Duac does so isn't as strong, it still works though. I put my gel on and follow it up with and oil free moisturiser so it isn't dry and I do this for my face, chest and back. Incredible results I'm so much more confident and never thought I had any hope of my skin clearing up. The only thing is you have to persist with it, I waited about a week for my doctor prescription to deliver to the pharmacy near me and my skin got bad again within that time but not as bad as it had been before."

Phoenix (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 23, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I have always had oily skin, but I've never had acne before - not even as a teen. However, over the last few months, I developed a persistent rash on one side of my face. I also had painful non puss filled spots and my skin looked terrible! (Upon reflection, I think it was my use of Apple Cider Vinegar) anyway, nothing worked. I went to the doctor and he prescribed Duac. I have used it ONCE and I can already see/feel the difference. I had a brown pimple/skin tag and that's more or less halved overnight. The other spots that I had are also less painful. I'm so excited to see what my skin will look like after 2 weeks (I've been told to use it for this long)."

Tenaji (taken for less than 1 month) August 18, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I just finished my first three months on this medication. I was prescribed it by my family doctor after I randomly had inflamed pustules on my forehead. My skin has actually been pretty clear most of my life and this appeared out of the blue at the beginning on the year (I am 24 years old). It worked tremendously on my skin. My skin is clear and I haven't had a new inflamed pimple come up since. I use Origins Checks and Balances face wash before and then apply the cream and let it set in overnight. In the mornings I apply First Aid Beauty Ultra Moisturizing Cream. There is some definite peeling from the medication but it is way more manageable than the acne I had prior. I am now taking a break as I don't want to use antibiotics for an extended period of time so I am just using a 5% benzoyl peroxide gel but if it flares up again I will definitely go back to this cream."

Magg (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Hello, so I have never written a review before because I'm only still a teenager. I've had acne ever since I was nine years old and it sucks. I literally tried EVERYTHING to get rid of it and nothing worked I felt hopeless at times, so I went to the doctor and the first thing she asked me was " young lady what are you gonna do with that acne " I thought it was quite rude, but she followed up with she could prescribe me with BenzaClin I said yes ma'am sign me up and I've been on it since March 17 and my acne is legit GONE, I love this product."

Brookie (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I've used have acne for years on my face chest and back. Benzaclin works great but can be drying and it can cause peeling. After years of struggling to hide or in some instances even tweeze off peeling skin (cos dry scaly looks awful under make up) I've finally found the ideal setup for me. I use Clinique moisture Surge 72 hour and it is AWESOME. It conceals all peeling from my med but dries quickly and sort of slicks down anything there is due to the aloe in it I guess."

Tiffany (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 8, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I have chronic kidneys disease and get some really sore spots. I've had many different treatments and this has got to by up there with the best."

Sazs (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I’ve been using this product for only 3 days and I’m shocked to see my skin already improving."

Princess (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I've been using Benzaclin for 3 days now and can honestly say this works. I have bad hormonal acne all over my chin - painful cystic welts that hurt to touch. Also, my pimples take weeks to heal. This was prescribed until I can see an actual dermatologist. I was warned that it could be drying. Lucky for me, I have oily skin. My regime: Night: Apply a super-thin layer all over my face and an extra tiny dot directly on pimples. Morning: I rub a super thin layer over my chin only (problem area) This really is great stuff. I highly recommend."

Hormonal breakouts (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes