User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin topical

Acne
7.7

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin topical

IC · Taken for less than 1 month April 22, 2021

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “I worked very well, my acne is gone, even after many months! I ruined a set of bed sheets and two sets of bath towels because it stains but I would do it again if need be. I'm 29 and was having hormonal acne on jaw line and chin area. I started using every other day at first for the skin to get used to it and then everyday at night time, only for 28 days and it was enough. The skin does get a little red and dry but manageable.”

Happy vegemite April 22, 2021

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “I had rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis on my entire face. It was red and flaky with little bumps everywhere apart from under my eyes. I was prescribed duac with doxycycline & steroid cream. The first couple of days the texture of my skin improved and it was less angry. I felt duac was slightly burning though but pushed on. After a week or so of use this changed and I started waking up with swelling around my eyes. I decided I had to stop use as my skin was also left so dry and stinging during the day that I couldn’t even stand water on it. Continued on for a bit with my other meds and my face was completely clear for over 6 months. My issues returned recently so I started duac again with doxy and Celestone. I wash off duac after an hour then use celestone. I have some redness and drying but it’s bearable. Clearing up nicely so far, only mild swelling on day 2. Tip: 50+ sunscreen during the day”

Roxy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 10, 2021

For Acne: “My 11 year old daughter has a lot of acne and this is what her doctor prescribed. She’s been on it almost 7 weeks and I don’t see any improvements whatsoever. She still gets new zits regularly. She hasn’t missed a treatment. How long does it take to work?”

fer · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “After dealing with acne from almost a decade, it shattered my confidence, I didn't attend my sisters wedding because of my acne. I cried and felt suicidal. I tried EVERYTHING. Finally I went to my doctor and prescribed me Duac along with Lymecycline- Oh. My.God!! I saw results within 3 days, my blackheads redness went down, everyone started seeing improvements! and my confidence shot up which made me do better in school and clubs. This, I cannot stress enough literally saved my life! This was the last thing I was willing to try, if it didn't work I don't think I would be here today.”

Meego92 January 3, 2020

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “So I've always had big painful cysts and small pimples. I turned 27 and thought I've had enough, if I haven't grown out of this now I never will, so went to my GP and got Duac. I started using it every morning and evening, a light layer on my face in Nov, Its now Jan and I have never had such perfect skin. Ever. I love this product, changed my life. There are some side effects at the beginning but honestly just be patient. I got SUPER dry red skin around my mouth and chin for 2 weeks, and the acne didn't go for a month. Its a bit of a tough time as you're sore from spots as well as dryness but just trust the process! I switched my moisturizer to bio oil gel, which is ok to use on the face, and it helps to reduce spot scars and discoloration. It is a heavy duty moisturizer but you need it especially to begin with. Everyone in my life keeps commenting how fresh my skin looks. Only regret is I didn't use it sooner. Honestly, don't waste any time go get this stuff. Xx”

MSY · Taken for less than 1 month January 3, 2021

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “TERRIBLE CREAM! before DUAC, I didn’t have textured skin, fine lines, pore issues, no dryness. I could use anything without it clogged pores/causing acne. However, I do struggle with minor breakouts on my forehead/cheeks. My skin is fine most months but acts up so I was put on Zinerty. Zinerty is good but spots would always reappear. When I first started using Duac, I broke out, tiny little spots ALL OVER MY FACE. I didn’t get much help from the doctors either. My skin hasn’t been the same since, I've noticed tiny fine lines near the corners of my forehead, textured skin something which I didn’t have before, dry, and overall not the same. I used to break out and the scars would fall off, marks would go by themselves but now, I have scars, marks etc. PLEASE be careful. If you’re suffering with minor breakouts not full blown acne, look into things before you decide to go ahead with DUAC.”

ES17! · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 1, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “So I got so anxious and my self confidence was so low to the point where I hated leaving the house because of my acne. My mum made me book an appointment with the GP to get advice on my acne because it was red and although not cystic it was really affecting me and my life . The doctor gave me a prescription for Duac and a week later the results were amazing and my face became so clear that about 3 or four months later and 5 repeat prescriptions later I don't need to wear foundation. Perhaps the odd application of concealer to make me feel a tad bit better and look more awake but my cheeks and forehead and chin have never been this clear in my teen years ! However I do find it to be itchy hence I came here to see if I should stop but I don't think I can risk my acne coming back , just suggesting that not to apply too much and follow the dose! Very itchy but moisturising is key. Thank you Duac ya lifesaver!”

Kirstlaw January 13, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “I didn't have bad acne whatsoever it was just random spots which kept on coming & going and I just wanted rid! I was so embarrassed to take my makeup off Infront of my boyfriend & friends because I felt so ugly which resulted in me wearing more & more makeup everyday ( which probably didn't help my skin much more ) but once I got prescribed this by the doctors it was the best ever! Although it left me with dry skin it was so good, I felt fresher and the best part was that people started to notice I wasn't bothered about taking my makeup off! I'm a 19 year old girl and it's all about makeup & looking good nowadays and spots / acne is awful to have Hope this helps!!”

P · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “If I could I would give Duac a zero rating I would. Do not use if you have sensitive skin!! I only applied it twice on my acne and it completely burned my skin, I had extremely painful red rash on my face for 3 days. Now on the 5th day after using it, my skin is extremely dry and scaly to the point I can't open my mouth properly or laugh because I'm scared it's gonna split and get infected. It is the worst experience ever. In agony with my face for 5 days. Hoping it will get better soon.”

smify · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 2, 2014

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “All I can say is wow! Fantastic product I've had acne for about 20 years I'm 34, and nothing worked for me and at my age and still spotty its very depressing, then my doctor told me about Duac. I used it for about a week and my face went a bit dry so I gave it a couple of days and started again and now my face is completely clear and my scars have faded! If you have got acne then this is amazing! I've never been so happy with my skin and I'm getting married soon and over the moon that my face will be clear for that. ”

mmary September 26, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “For those of talking about dry skin (particulary sillylilly) , I had this issue too, it was so bad that my skin was flaking and peeling and it hurt to even touch it! After a lot of research I found that: you need to avoid any areas where the skin is especially thin so around and under the eyes nose and mouth, you can use something like vaseline /pawpaw/aquaphor and apply it to those areas as a barrier. ”

Aibeee · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2020

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “This topical acne treatment worked wonders! If you just started or have been using for a couple weeks KEEP USING IT!! I have had problems with acne for 6 years until I used this product. I’ve been on accutane and many other oral and topical treatments and this by far works the best. I started seeing improvement within 2 weeks of using it and since then I’ve gotten very minimal breakouts! The longer you use it the more effective it is for sure! This is also one of the only topicals that doesn’t dry out my skin and make it all flakey. I put on moisturizer before I use this product and my skin never dries out. I’ve never reviewed anything ever but I’m so thankful for this product so I thought I’d share with you all! Don’t give up keep using it! Wish all the best with this medicine!”

happy · Taken for less than 1 month October 2, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “I've only been on this for around two weeks, my acne has improved drastically, the only thing that has helped it so far! Since I was on a pharmacy bought acne cream before this, my face has built up a tolerance and I don't suffer from any of the side effects. One thing I would say is just to be patient in the first few days as you won't see a result immediately.”

Anonymous December 20, 2014

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “I was prescribed this cream by my doctor and its brilliant! I've seen a lot of comments saying that it burns and it made peoples faces itchy but not everyone has the same skin. Our skin will react in different ways. But I have to say after the 1st time of using it the blackheads on my nose got smaller. I would highly recommend this cream. However it does leave my skin a bit dry and flaky but on the instruction sheet it says you can use a perfume free moisturiser or stop using it for a couple of days.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 5, 2014

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “I have had pretty bad skin for about four years now; usually just large whiteheads in my T-Zone in particular, but they seem to scar awfully and it was really starting to affect my confidence. I had tried everything and nothing seemed to work, but then I went to my doctor and he prescribed me with Duac. I have never been so thankful! In around three months of use my skin has almost completely cleared up, and my scars have faded so much! I have experienced no itchiness or burning on application; I'm not sure if this is because I moisturize before I put the product on, but I would recommend doing so.”

AcneSurvivor101 · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2014

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “Great product but the side effects are awful! I've been using Duac for a week now and literally all of my blackheads have disappeared it's amazing! My spots have also shrank in size a lot and have almost healed and my scars are fading too. The only trouble I have had with Duac is that when I first put it on it dried my skin out a lot and made it extremely flaky and then when I continued to use it, applying it on most of the area of my face I woke up the next morning and both of my cheeks were burning, bright red and really itchy. I stopped using it for a couple of days until the redness had gone and then applied a smaller amount, but still the burning and itchy sensation has returned.”

Sillylilly · Taken for less than 1 month September 12, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “I'm only on Duac a week and so far my acne spots are drying out but the down side my skin feels stingy and looks more red, even putting on moisturiser it makes my skin sting more. Also I'm 38, I have acne and get boils on my back still and on my face since I've been 15. It is safe to say I'm quite sick of them,”

fruitlover · Taken for less than 1 month November 15, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “This cleared up my cystic hormonal acne. It's only been 2 weeks since I began using it. I have no active spots. I have had constant breakouts for 2 years with usually 3\4 cysts at once! I tried everything I could get my hands on, topical creams, antibiotics, going gluten and dairy free for 5 months, sunbeds, tea tree oil, aztecs healing clay, I took tetracycline for almost a year, tried sacilyic acid, vichy normaderm range, clerasil, clean and clear, honey masks, soo much more I can't even remember! Hundreds of euro spent and not one worked Within 2 weeks all my spots flattened and began to heal, now my skin is 90% clear all I have is scars. I remove my makeup with micellar water, then wash my face with cetaphil cleanser, and use duac.”

Sian21 · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 2, 2014

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “I had acne really bad about 2 - 3 years ago. I tried everything I could do for about a year and nothing worked. I went to the doctor and as I suffer from dry skin too he gave me E45 and Duac gel. At night I wash my face with a gentle face wash an put my E45 on let it sink in then put Duac all over! I saw results in a week or 2 it's the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm still using it to this day 3 years on. As if I don't use it for a month I tend to come up in spots so I use it every night. Best thing ever. Highly recommend.”

zozeebo December 2, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “Honestly this cream is a MIRACLE! About 3 years ago my skin was full of spots and acne and i had blackhead all in my tzone and they never went. I went to my doctor as I couldn't stand looking in the mirror anymore. He gave me this and yes it gave me very bad painful red skin and peeling skin but after a few weeks it went but you could see a difference in my spots in a few days as my family was commenting on it. I did it for the 12 weeks and my face was COMPLETELY clear. I was so happy. Then after about a month it all came back so I went back to the doctors. He said I should try the cream again but for as long as I needed it for. I'm still using it now and that was nearly a year ago. My face is clear and its because of this cream.”

User420 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2021

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “So I’ve been on the Duac cream for around 8 weeks now and it started working well after 2/3 weeks but unfortunately my skin broke out at about 4/5 weeks and now on my 8th week it’s starting to improve because it’s finished purging. I suggest people should stick with the cream because it’s normal to purge after a month of the cream but on the 7-8th week it should start to get better and hopefully I will have significantly clearer skin by the 10-12th week. I also experienced really dry skin, redness and because I didn't put the cream on my moustache area by mistake it looked horrible as my cheeks and everything was red and that area was milk white so make sure you use the cream everywhere on your face if you want your face to be the same color all over .”

Taylah · Taken for less than 1 month January 9, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “I'm 15 and have been using this for just under a month. The first week it made my face really red, dry and itchy but I just used some moisturizer and hour after I put it on, or just put up with it. Now after a few weeks it does not burn or anything, pimples have cleared up so much! I have not even consistent in using it as it is the holidays but lately I have been and they are already clearing up! I have pimples all over my face, my forehead and temple have pretty much cleared, just waiting on the chin. Along with a good cleanser this stuff is amazing!”

ceejay-oz January 30, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “I was given samples from my GP. Started to use it after the second night I notices a huge difference. My acne caused my polycystic ovarian syndrome symptoms (I don't have it only the symptoms) started to get smaller. The redness is slowly going & I've noticed one side has significantly reduced with acne. Using it on my pores and blackhead as well and they have shrunk. Only down side is it stains bed sheets but apart from that no negative review. Hoping this works permanently so I don't need to go on Roaacutane.”

Jack · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 26, 2020

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “I have used duac for 2 months. I have previously used epiduo and experienced bad burning but that was not the case for duac! The drug had minimal effect for the first month but it is now noticeably clearing my acne. Side effects were very minimal and I am now less depressed and have less pimples. I do still have a few pimples. However I am very pleased with results so far.”

andrea232 April 19, 2014

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “I went to the doctor from experiencing mild acne, especially on my forward head. I have combination skin, oily and dry in different places. Also scaring from previous acne. The doctor prescribed the cream Duac, she told me to wear it at night before I go to bed and wash my face off in the morning. Its been a few days now and I already see a change. No new pimples are appearing, old acne clearing, and past scars are fading. It is in my opinion, very effective and quick. However, it does dry out your skin, but along as you moisturise it should be fine. I would definitely recommend this product.”

Loubylou · Taken for less than 1 month September 24, 2014

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “Been suffering from mild/moderate acne for about a year, at 30 years old and having never really suffered as a teenager, I've found it quite distressing and upsetting. Ten days ago I gave up with over the counter creams and went to the doctors. He prescribed me Duac 5% and WOW is all I can say. This is a miracle product. After just 3 days I saw a noticeable improvement in my skin and actually woke up every day excited to look in the mirror to see how much better it was! I'm now on day 10 and my skin is almost clear, highly recommend this, only advice - invest in a good moisturizer, can be quite drying but does exactly what you want it to and FAST.”

Kistina March 5, 2015

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “I am 29 years old and a regular acne sufferer. I have comedones, blackheads, pimples which are not nice at all. So I went to visit a dermatologist just last Sep.2014 and she prescribed me Duac Gel to be use once daily at night after cleansing and been using it until now and it shows great improvement. One tube is good enough to be use for two months after opening and not that expensive. Just follow your doctor's instruction. My acne is mild to moderate and I recommend this one.”

Megannnn December 30, 2013

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: “Super fast and the best to clearing pimples. So worth using! I always watch what products what I use on my face and I tried this cream and it was so fast at clearing breakouts and acne. It dried out the breakouts and surprisingly didn't break me out more. This product is so perfect! The 2 samples I had cleared my face within the week! It may dry out your face a bit, nothing extreme! Using it in the morning is best I think and also is okay to wear with your makeup over it.”