User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Acne

Summary of Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin reviews 8.0 370 reviews

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I've always suffered with acne however following two roaccutane treatments and Epiduo (which was amazing!!) for two years it was well under control....until Epiduo stopped working. After a huge hormonal breakout on my 30th birthday I was at my wits end thinking acne had come back full force. I researched Isotrex gel and had high hopes but it didn't work at all after 11 weeks I realised I needed something else. Less than 8 days ago I went to my GP requesting Duac - since I put this on my face I haven't had a single spot and my skin looks how it used to do. No new spots, no daily whiteheads and no red peeling face! It's completely clear. This is the first time in 4 months that I dare go out the house without makeup! Please give it a try"

amyjow123 November 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "After taking antibiotics for several years I decided that this was no longer a healthy long term option. After stopping antibiotics my acne came back as bad as ever. I decided to start applying Duac gel and have been doing for several months now. After an initial flare up that did eventually die down I have seen absolutely no improvement to my skin. Both cystic and minor pimples still appear regularly to the same degree as they did before. Very disappointed as I'm willing to give all of my non antibiotic options"

Jessstar573 November 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "The first time I used Duac it was very effective, no irritation or symptoms after using it but a bit dry on affected areas. After a while I stopped using it as my skin was fine, when my acne came back I began to use it again after about two weeks. The morning after applying it my skin came out in large red blotches around affected areas, and it burned, was extremely itchy and it was dry. I have tried to using it now again since a month of not using it again and the same has happened, won’t be using this product again."

DearbhlaQ November 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I was prescribed Benzaclin because after going off the pill after about 7 years of use my skin began to break out like crazy. I tried pretty much every home remedy and over the counter acne product I could find with no success. Within 3 days of using this cream twice daily my acne was pretty much all cleared without any new breakouts. Still have to see the long term effectiveness, but overall would highly recommend. The only side effect I have experienced is really dry skin, especially around existing breakouts, but it's nothing a moisturizer can't fix."

kathleeny (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "This is amazing! I would say I have moderate acne, and a lot of redness and acne scars. I have been using this gel for approximately 10 days and my skin is SO clear now! I have had comments from my friends on how clear my skin looks and what products I have been using. I have even been confident enough to go out the house without makeup due to my skin being so clear, which I haven't been able to do in a few years! I would definitely recommend this gel."

Nickname already in use (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Day 3 of duac and all I'm experiencing is dry and flaky skin"

Fraz20 October 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "This product is amazing! After 25 years of serious acne, it's now odd for me to have a pimple. Yes, it was a bit rough in the beginning. My skin got worse for a while and was very, VERY dry and cracking. But, I pushed through and now? I use it every other day and it's been life-changing. I spent tens of thousands on creams, facials, and specialized makeup to try to fix my acne and a $7 tube of medication has given me clear skin for the first time since I was a child."

ChellyB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I am 39, got a prescription for this duac once a day cream and am 4 days into it. It is the 1%/5% one but maybe the 1%/3% one would be kinder. In the area I get hit by acne more - my chin area - it is producing more, albeit smaller and painless, pustules even if it has wiped away one really big ugly pustule spot in that area. Though grateful I am now left with very dry itchy flaky skin where that spot was. No matter how much I moisturise. I am telling myself that it is only because my chin area needs more work and the cream brings these to the surface to then kill them eventually?? Other parts of my face I apply it to are not left this way. Ease of use is fine. Oh yes fridge storage is for pharmacists not users. It says so in the leaflet."

Somewhat confused September 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I've never written a review of anything before. My face was flawless after high school. Here and there I would break out but nothing major. I am now 25 and started suffering from acne located primarily on my jawline. It was awful! I spent a small fortune on products and nothing worked. I finally went to the doctor and was prescribed benzaclin and it is amazing! I have been on it for three weeks today exactly and my face is so clear. There was a little itching at first if I slathered on too much. Now I only use it as spot treatment and that works great too!"

Lindzeeey September 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Well I'm a bit confused. I started using this 2 weeks ago and the other day I commented to my husband that my skin had really cleared up and I was feeling much better. Yesterday I came up all red and blotchy and itchy and today it looks even worse. Not sure if I've used too much or should have washed it off about an hour later or what but I look absolutely hideous - now plastering my face in E45 and hoping it goes down soon"

Busby01283 September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I have been on benzaclin for approx. 1yr and 4 months now, and in the beginning (first 2-3 months) I was noticing a big improvement and my acne was starting to go away. However, my acne came back even worse a couple months after and the benzaclin was not helping it at all. Currently, I am still using benzaclin in hopes that it will work again for me, but I don't think it will to be honest :("

brennen September 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Be warned. This product is strong chemical and should not be applied all over 'the affected area' that has healthy skin with couple of blocked pores/comedones but ONLY ON SPOTS. I've burned my skin with this product, trying to recover this dry, patchy, red mess has caused new breakouts. I also got 3 new breakouts after first application. After second they got smaller in size (for that it gets better rate than 1). After 3rd I looked like I've been attacked. I've stopped using it and won't continue due to bad reaction. My skin is at all time low and I would have been better off without it."

Hanananananana90 September 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "You should definitely try it. It saved my skin the result is visible almost next day! I love it"

Anonymous September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I've had acne since I was 12 years old. I used a lot (and I mean a lot) of acne products, even Accutane and Tactuo, and none of them worked for me. I am now 20 years old and after using Benzaclin, my acne completely disappeared!! My face is really smooth now! The only things left are my scars that I'm working on to remove. :)"

Anonymousxo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "This used to be my holy grail and whilst over two years later it still works, it's definitely not as effective as it was when I started using it. I wouldn't say this is a long term solution however when used with breaks in between it seems to clear my acne up a bit and I can certainly notice the difference. In combination with the pill I find it does the job nicely, however I've found my skin has sort of built up a resistance to it which is shame. The cream is extremely drying so definitely use moisturiser if you do suffer from dry skin and don't put it on at the start of the day and expect it to not linger if you're planning on putting makeup on even six hours later."

liah8 September 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I've had acne since I was about 10 (I'm now 19) and had tried just about every type of drugstore spot treatment. Duac is the first thing to have properly worked! My advice would be to be weary and just gradually building it into your skin routine; it took me weeks to get my skin to be able to cope with it. Before that, my skin would be itchy, red and painful if I applied Duac every night as instructed. However 2 years on I can wear it every night pain-free. Definitely give it a try!"

Tashap August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "This gel was very effective. My face was swollen because of the acne and I had bumps all over my face. Thanks to the gel my face was back to the normal"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I have never had a problem with acne until I got into college. I am 20 years old and my acne got so out of control I would never be seen leaving the house without tons of make up covering my blemishes. I tried almost every over the counter acne treatment on the market and didn't notice any difference. Some of them would make a few pimples go away and I would just get them back a couple of days later. I went to the dermotologist and she prescribed me Onexton. This stuff is a miracle! After only using it for one night, I already noticed a significant difference in my face. I've been using it for a week now and my face is almost 100% flawless. It will make ur face dry so make sure to keep moisturizing."

ED1997 August 9, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "(Uk) started this cream when my hormonal acne + stress made my skin a bit of a mess.. probably about 2/3 years ago. In the beginning, this stuff is AMAZING! I mean, it cleared my skin to perfection within a few months, however (I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but for me) this isn't a long term solution :( maybe my skin became resistant to it, I'm not sure, but after a few months, it seemed to stop working. I stopped using it for a year or so to try and get rid of the resistance, and started again a few months ago. It was definitely not as effective as the first time. It has a little effect, seems to keep massive breakouts at bay but by no means does it clear my skin or prevent new ones unfortunately."

Emma9215 August 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Have been on this and Retin-A for three weeks and I'm amazed at the results. No new pimples at all. Virtually poreless, clear skin and very smooth. It does burn a bit at first but following with CeraVe helps."

FlamingoPink August 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I LOVE this cream! I had acne when I was in my teens and this was the only cream that ever worked! My skin has been amazing throughout my early 20s however I am now 25 and off the pill and every now and again my skin seems to flare up especially around the "time of the month" which I know most people get however I went back to the doctors and was prescribed more Duac cream. I applied/apply this every night and already my skin is better. This is by far the most amazing acne cream. Couldn't recommend it enough. Thank you Duac!"

Lullabellex August 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I have never wrote a review on a product before but I had to share my experience with this one because it's soooo good. I had really bad acne on my forehead that didn't wanna go away no matter what I used and finally I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Benzaclin. I used this a week straight and my skin was so much better. After 3 weeks all my acne was gone basically! The only thing that sucks is that if I stop using it a couple of weeks later my acne gets really bad again so u have to keep using it"

Annndicouldntthinkofaname August 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "The stuff is amazing! Dissecting cellulitis is just about one of the worst forms of acne that anyone could have. At the first sign of a pimple I put it on and it's gone within a day or two. It's not quite as effective for the dissecting cellulitis but it does help control flareups. Dissecting cellulitis is normally controlled with a steroid and anabiotic's. In my opinion for a topical cream to eliminate the need for steroids and anabiotic's is amazing!"

Justintb83 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne: "OK LET ME JUST SAY IF YOU HAVE ACNE USE THIS!!! I AM NOT KIDDING USE IT!! I started getting acne my junior year. I never had a single pimple before until this. My problem area was all on the forehead and you know a few on the cheeks . I'm am extremely picky with my skin so I freaked out. I asked my dr to give me anything that would work I didn't care what I would have to do. She prescribed me this bottle of heaven . I used it twice a day morning and night . Within 2 weeks my acne cleared up . I then followed with a dermal roller to erase any acne scars/ spots . Now my face is completely clear"

Madison johnson July 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "It made my white zits disappear. Made my skin smooth So yeah this works for gross zits that you can pop & the tender red bumps."

Sol like the sun July 31, 2017