User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin topical

Acne
7.9

Summary of Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin reviews 7.9 477 reviews

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I started using Duac gel about a week ago, on the good side I have actually seen some improvements on my forehead however I had to stop using it as it has really badly irritated my skin. It’s red, blotchy, dry, flaky, itchy, burning and rough. at first this started on my chin but has now spread all over my face and is extremely uncomfortable."

Private123 (taken for less than 1 month) April 14, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "My daugher is 14 years old and had been suffering from acne for about 2 years. She'd tried everything and then I took her to the doctors and they gave her Duac gel. At first she thought this isn’t going to work the Doc told her that it would take 4 to 6 weeks to see a difference but it’s only been a week and I see a massive difference in her skin , it made her skin go dry and patchy the first couple of days so she just added oil free moisturiser and it helps and her skin is so smooth looking since using this gel. I highly recommended this!!"

Liz April 14, 2019

For Acne: "So I used this for a couple of weeks a while ago after long term large acne in my chin area. It seemed to be helping and I only used it every other night or so. After a few weeks of pretty good results I quit thinking maybe I was just not in the acne phase anymore. Recently I started breaking out in my chin region again and nothing helped. So, I remembered this prescription and used it faithfully 2x a day. 3 days in and I can see a higher difference already. I say keep with this medication, side effects are just the norm, dryness where it is applied, slight stinging and tightness but the benefits outweigh the small side effects"

mnatyyang (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2019

For Acne: "I suffered with acne all my life. 3 months ago I started this benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin cream as per doctors order and I now almost have perfect skin. My self confidence has sure upgraded if I may say so . I would recommend this to anyone who is suffering with acne."

Diva (taken for less than 1 month) March 29, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I’ve been on this cream for 3 days and can honestly see the different already in my severe acne in my face not to mention the improvements in blackheads is amazing too"

Libby March 22, 2019

For Acne: "About 2 months ago I got bad acne out of nowhere. In my whole life I never had problems with acne just the normal few pimples here and there. So I had no clue what was happening and my confidence went plummeting. I’ve been using this benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin for about 3 days now and my acne has cleared up so much it’s insane. I already feel more confident than before."

Crystal (taken for less than 1 month) March 15, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I’ve suffered with mild to moderate acne from about 14 years old & had tried almost every product & treatment method possible. As I turned 20 I’d noticed all my friends who’d had bad spots had lovely clear skin & I was the only one who still had acne. I went to my doctor & she prescribed me Duac. Within 3 days the bumps I’d had under the skin on my forehead for years had gone. I was thrilled & my skin became the clearest & softest it’d been since I was a child! After a week I had no spots at all, even maintaining clear skin on my period. However, when I reached the end of my second month using it I reduced the frequency of applying as I started to get redness on my cheeks after washing it off. I’ve now been off of it for 5 weeks & my skin is back to where it was before I started the course & the confidence I’d found through having clear skin has vanished which is disappointing. The product itself worked marvellously for the 9/10 weeks I used it though & the first couple after!"

AshG March 7, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Fantastic improvement on back acne. However, only when I apply it every night. Initially I only applied it once or twice a week and saw no change. When I was consistent with application the results were amazing. Wish I had used it earlier and I wouldn’t have the scarring and pigmentation marks from previous bad breakouts."

R (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2019

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Before I used it I was scared that it was going to dry out my skin because I already have really dry skin, but I've been using it with Cerave Lotion for extremely dry and rough skin and I haven't experienced any dryness! It got rid of my acne and small bumps on my face. I use it every night before I sleep and it's amazing!! My skin is now free of acne and is extremely smooth which is something I've never had before. I love it."

Mar (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 2, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I was prescribed duac approximately two weeks ago - the results have been phenomenal! My skin has cleared up massively (95% of my current acne has gone) and I am now just have hyperpigmentation on my cheeks. However, the cream is incredibly drying and I have dry flakes on my face when I wake up. However, this is unnoticeable if I apply some moisturizer."

Tom (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 27, 2019

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "This product works so good and worked wonder for 2 years or more I think. Any how, 2 months ago I just started to break out really bad. After a month that I stopped using it. It’s pricy as !!! But I didn't mind the price. Now I’m on Finacea gel 15% because my doc said that my body built resistance to the Benzaclin. It just stopped working. The reason for my review being good is because it worked great for years but now its time to move on to something stronger. I advise anyone to jump on this and wait for results at least for a month. I had cystic acne and lots of them then and now but pray for me with my next set of medicine!"

Dan (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 27, 2019

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I had used Benza Clin for more than 6 months. It really helps while you use it. As soon as I stop using it my acne eventually returns. It also makes your skin very dry. But if I use it constantly, my skin is very clean, smooth and without acne."

Nastya (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 18, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "In summer 2016 I developed acne so started using this and in a month my skin was clearer than it had been in years and I was so happy with the results since I've suffered with mild acne since I was 13. For 2 years, I used duac more or less every night and my skin stayed super clear the whole time give or take a couple of small spots. However, I fell off using it in summer 2018 and then just stopped altogether since I didn't think it would come back. Over the autumn I started to get a few small spots, but they didn't bother me but then in December my acne came back really bad and since then it has got even worse. I thought it might be because of stopping duac so about 5 weeks ago I started using it again. I don't think it is working this time around though, if it is its taking longer. So one thing I would say is don't stop using the cream, even if you've been using it for 2+ years, your acne will come back."

anon February 16, 2019

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "This stuff is the BEST! I have suffered with acne for years. Really painful under the skin cystic acne that has literally brought my near tears it hurt so bad. I tried everything and nothing ever worked. This was the last option I had to try before my dermatologist went forward with cortisone shots and Accutane as a last resort. I have been using Onexton once a day for 6 months now and I haven't had a cystic pimple in about 5 months! Or any pimple for that matter besides the one occasional tiny pimple that you can't see and hardly anything comes out. Gone by morning with Onexton! My skin is so clear and smooth I love it. The only 2 downsides is the first month, it made me break out a little more than usual as it was trying to get rid of the acne rather than maintain a clear face like now. The other downside is it does make you dry but as long as you exfoliate once or twice a month and use a good moisturizer you should be square. I am so happy my dermatologist had me try this!"

esaxon26 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 14, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Amazing! Took a course of vitamin b12 in a high dose which caused awful acne (I don’t get acne).... I’m on day 3 and it’s pretty much gone! This product IS drying and you do need to bare in mind with all benzoyl peroxide products. I’d been using acnecide prior to trying Duac so my skin was already used to it so I didn’t get any side effects particularly other than my skin feeling a bit tight. However, if you do start this medication, power through! Maybe take a day’s break here and you’ll thank yourself for persevering"

Fayeeeeee (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2019

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "People, this cream eliminated my acne problem 95%. When I first applied it, I experienced dryness and redness. This side effect went away after several weeks. My skin is still oily, but the acne is gone. I have had my acne return twice for a brief period of two weeks before they were gone again. When you have acne, you have tried so many things, and nothing seems to work. You become sceptical. You then start trying things and ditching them after a week believing they won't help. Stick to this cream, it will change your life. It is unbelievable."

Ragnarok (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 23, 2019

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I stopped taking my birth control & I began to experience severe cystic acne. I tried everything from over the counter acne treatments, to prescriptions, to home remedies/masks. NOTHING worked. I figured I’d give the dermatologist another try when she recommended Onexton Gel 1.2-3.75%. I immediately noticed a change in skin & my break outs completely stopped. I’ve been on this medication for about 6 weeks & I’ve gotten one small pimple on my cheek that went away within 3 days. The only thing I will criticize is that it can leave your skin dry, but this is nothing a little moisturizer can’t fix. I would most DEFINITELY recommend this medication to those struggling with cystic, inflammatory & harmonal acne. I can truly say it’s been the only acne medication that has worked for me & has made me so much happier!"

DM January 19, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I've been on this for 3 weeks now and unfortunately have seen no change in my skin whatsoever except that the acne seems to be getting worse. I have had no redness or dryness at all from using it––just more acne. I am 23 and had clear skin my whole life until I was 22, when I started to get hormonal cystic acne. Duac doesn't seem to be effective against this kind of acne."

Wesshan (taken for less than 1 month) January 7, 2019

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I’ve had forehead pimples/acmes for around 2 years now, and my dermatologist recommended Duac. Every night I’d apply Duac on my pimples and it would significantly decreased. I didn’t miss a night when I applied Duac. After cleansing I would dry my face, then apply Duac on my acne. I get a few pimples here and there on my forehead. BUT it has significantly decreased by 95%. However I am on my first tube of Duac and I still have the prescription on repeat."

Jenny (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Used it for way over a month now, only made it worse so I’m stopping and letting my skin heal. I have acne in the hormonal region under my jaw and on the jaw line, now I have bumps under my skin and blemishes on my cheeks. These were not there before using this cream. I’m just going take vitamins and hope it goes over time..."

Callum (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I’m 18 yers old and was prescribed Benzaclin by my family doctor. I don’t have major acne, but my skin would breakout and clear up over and over, each breakout worst than the last. After a week of this medication, all the acne on my forehead and almost all the blackheads on my nose were gone. But, I now breakout constantly on my chin and around my mouth and have red, bumpy skin on my nose, forehead, and outer eye area. I use Benzaclin at night, and occasional overnight breaks from the medication help.Make sure if you use this product to use a moisturizer and gentle cleanser !!"

... (taken for less than 1 month) December 23, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "I always had pretty good skin with the occasional large spot however I turned 30 and appeared to get congested skin only in my chin area like pimples that wouldn’t go! It was red and reduced my confidence, the doctor prescribed this and within days I saw a massive difference, the areas hasn’t looked smooth in years and I’m now two months in and appears to be clear. Sometimes I get wary and think it’s not working any more but it is clear and I think you just get too used to it and forget how bad it was before! My skin is quite sensitive but as long as I don’t put too much on and moisturise after it’s fine. What I do wonder is "what happens when you stop using it?" and has anyone got any recommendations of what skincare to continue with?"

Kimmy (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "It increased the acne, maybe this is the purging phase and it is the getting rid of trapped inflammation inside. I don't know but my skin is getting worse."

Bwt (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

For Acne: "The ONLY thing that works for me. I’ve had acne since age 11-12 and VERY severely. Although it makes your face very very dry, I got to the point where I had clear skin when I was using to twice a day. It is very harsh, but it is for stubborn, severe acne most of the time. 10/10 forever my lifesaver."

Colleen (taken for 10 years or more) December 2, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin) for Acne: "Used to get blackheads under the skin which I used to try and pop causing an infection and a full blown pimple but the duac got rid of all the clogged pores beneath the skin and in just 3 days! However at the moment my skin feels really dry and leathery and tight and itchy but having read the other comments I will persist as it’s doing the job and seems like a common side effect!"

Anon (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2018