User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 406 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin to treat Acne

"This gel was very effective. My face was swollen because of the acne and I had bumps all over my face. Thanks to the gel my face was back to the normal"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have never had a problem with acne until I got into college. I am 20 years old and my acne got so out of control I would never be seen leaving the house without tons of make up covering my blemishes. I tried almost every over the counter acne treatment on the market and didn't notice any difference. Some of them would make a few pimples go away and I would just get them back a couple of days later. I went to the dermotologist and she prescribed me Onexton. This stuff is a miracle! After only using it for one night, I already noticed a significant difference in my face. I've been using it for a week now and my face is almost 100% flawless. It will make ur face dry so make sure to keep moisturizing."

ED1997 August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "(Uk) started this cream when my hormonal acne + stress made my skin a bit of a mess.. probably about 2/3 years ago. In the beginning, this stuff is AMAZING! I mean, it cleared my skin to perfection within a few months, however (I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but for me) this isn't a long term solution :( maybe my skin became resistant to it, I'm not sure, but after a few months, it seemed to stop working. I stopped using it for a year or so to try and get rid of the resistance, and started again a few months ago. It was definitely not as effective as the first time. It has a little effect, seems to keep massive breakouts at bay but by no means does it clear my skin or prevent new ones unfortunately."

Emma9215 August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Have been on this and Retin-A for three weeks and I'm amazed at the results. No new pimples at all. Virtually poreless, clear skin and very smooth. It does burn a bit at first but following with CeraVe helps."

FlamingoPink August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I LOVE this cream! I had acne when I was in my teens and this was the only cream that ever worked! My skin has been amazing throughout my early 20s however I am now 25 and off the pill and every now and again my skin seems to flare up especially around the "time of the month" which I know most people get however I went back to the doctors and was prescribed more Duac cream. I applied/apply this every night and already my skin is better. This is by far the most amazing acne cream. Couldn't recommend it enough. Thank you Duac!"

Lullabellex August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have never wrote a review on a product before but I had to share my experience with this one because it's soooo good. I had really bad acne on my forehead that didn't wanna go away no matter what I used and finally I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Benzaclin. I used this a week straight and my skin was so much better. After 3 weeks all my acne was gone basically! The only thing that sucks is that if I stop using it a couple of weeks later my acne gets really bad again so u have to keep using it"

Annndicouldntthinkofaname August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "The stuff is amazing! Dissecting cellulitis is just about one of the worst forms of acne that anyone could have. At the first sign of a pimple I put it on and it's gone within a day or two. It's not quite as effective for the dissecting cellulitis but it does help control flareups. Dissecting cellulitis is normally controlled with a steroid and anabiotic's. In my opinion for a topical cream to eliminate the need for steroids and anabiotic's is amazing!"

Justintb83 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"OK LET ME JUST SAY IF YOU HAVE ACNE USE THIS!!! I AM NOT KIDDING USE IT!! I started getting acne my junior year. I never had a single pimple before until this. My problem area was all on the forehead and you know a few on the cheeks . I'm am extremely picky with my skin so I freaked out. I asked my dr to give me anything that would work I didn't care what I would have to do. She prescribed me this bottle of heaven . I used it twice a day morning and night . Within 2 weeks my acne cleared up . I then followed with a dermal roller to erase any acne scars/ spots . Now my face is completely clear"

Madison johnson July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "It made my white zits disappear. Made my skin smooth So yeah this works for gross zits that you can pop & the tender red bumps."

Sol like the sun July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used this with great success for two years and then it totally stopped working. My dermatologist said the clindamycin antibiotic often becomes ineffective after awhile."

Maclen51 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "My son started having bad acne when he turned 16. I bought tons of "acne treatments" that you can buy in stores, online from Paula's Choice, Clinique, and even tried Proactive, nothing worked and most made it worse. I felt horrible for him & finally said enough of the rubbish products and took him to the dermatologist who gave him a dermabrasion treatment & a prescription for Onexton. There are even cards that cover most of the cost even if you have insurance. They say 1 bottle/month but it lasts 6 months. My son's face began to clear up within 2 weeks! He is now 19 & hasn't had a break out since he started using Onexton. I am so thankful for this product! Don't waste money and precious time with your child's life, go straight to a dermatologist!"

Joann1969 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "So I used this for four night. As per dosage I used a super small amount. 3rd application my face burned really bad. Next morning I woke up with a rash on my cheeks. 4th night I avoided the irritated area but woke up the next day with a full face of eczema. I'd caution you, if you have eczema and your doctor still prescribes this (as mine did) be careful! Now I have a full face of steroid cream and my acne is still there☹️. It did seem to be making some effect before the whole huge eczema outbreak."

Jess-20- June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I never had acne before but now my face kinda had a break out and I visited my pharmacist and he recommended this treatment and it actually worked I only use it once a day and saw big improvements"

Aishamohammed May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Honestly, when I set out to try this - I wasn't too sure what to expect. My skin was awful, and the horrid acne I had was so painful and built up that I couldn't properly cover it with makeup any more. I went on a combination of Duac gel and an antibiotic two months ago. Today, I only have one spot. I began to notice a difference to my skin the day after I first applied it. My skin had dried out immensely and the spots seemed to be going down. I was so happy. For the first three or so weeks of using Duac, my skin was a rollercoaster. At first my face was getting so dry that by the morning I was putting on a hefty layer of e45 cream under my makeup. Now, I don't use any. My skin no longer needs it. It's changed the oiliness of my skin"

sushiloverforlife May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed this because my skin had gotten to the point where I was needing to wear thick makeup and hated looking in the mirror. I'd never suffered acne before just the occasional hormonal spot or 2 and then all of a sudden my skin went a bit mad. Tried drinking more, getting sun and cutting out dairy but the only thing that really worked was this. I will say it did show slight improvement the first 2-3 weeks but now after 2 months its unbelievable! I have confidence back to not need makeup anymore. It does dry out the skin so make sure to use moisturiser. My only concern is what might happen when I stop using it..."

Kelly L May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I used this twice and was taken to A & E with anaphylactic reaction to the product, be aware if you have onset of itchy skin, within 20 mins I was taken to hospital."

india500 (taken for less than 1 month) April 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I used this for 2 months, it made no difference, the cream is absolutely useless, don't waste your time, don't get it"

jdjdjdjsiaoaowjejdjshsjaoaoa9s April 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Using Duac Once Daily (10mg + 50mg gel) cream. At age 44 I started to get acne. Reading previous reviews I was cautious about this cream but the results are great. You have to use this sparingly - no matter how tempting it is to put loads on if your skin is bad. It took a week before my skin cleared up. In the evening I spread a tiny amount on the T Zone area and it's enough to keep spots away. If my skin starts looking red or dry I will skip a night of not putting the cream on that area. Yes, my skin will look a little shiney the next day from the oils but I don't get spots and it allows my skin to recover. I would recommend you exfoliate once a week to remove dead, dry skin too. I will continue to use this cream until my skin calms down."

HannahLilly April 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have always have the odd few spots but being 28 and just breaking out in acne 6 months before my wedding was a bit of a shock. The doctors prescribed me Duac and within two days I noticed a difference and felt I could leave the house without foundation for the first time in months. The only side effects I've experienced is slightly itchy and dry skin. I don't mind this as the spots were painful and for the first time I can put moisturising cream on my face."

Emski (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "At 35 years old I thought i was over 'teenage acne' and my recent issues were hormonal. Over the past few of years I've used every face wash possible! I go on holiday in 2 weeks and had the worst break out ever! I didn't want to go on holiday looking like a child's dot to dot book, so I visited my doctor who gave me this gel. I've used it for only 3 nights and the spots are already 5 times better than they were! The red blotches from previous spots are also pretty much vanished. Yes its left my face dry and a bit tight, so make sure you use a good quality moisturiser once you've washed the gel off your face in the morning. I'd recommend reapplying moisturisturiser a couple of times through the day. Looking forward to seeing the full results!"

SarahG1102 April 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I'm 19 and have quite bad acne on my lower face especially on my cheeks and I was prescribed duac 5% and have been using it for 3 weeks. I was really excited at the prospect of my skin improving as my self confidence drastically plummeted each time my acne worsened but as of yet this hasn't happened. The gel dries out the skin massively and every moisturiser I have used has failed to help this. This has left me with no improvement to my skin but now I have the added bonus of dry flakey skin that makes it impossible to cover with foundation so now my dry skin is visible as is my severe acne. This hasn't helped my skin or confidence and I'm nearly at the end of my prescribed time of 5 weeks. My confidence is at an all time low due to my acne."

Sixteenacnesufferer April 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have had problems with acne since I hit puberty (age 10) lucky me. Benzaclin is the absolute best acne care product I have came across for my moderate breakouts that affect my face, neck, chest, shoulders and back. Sometimes I'm in a hurry or too tired to put it on twice a day and when I break out as a result of it, it only takes a day to see a difference when I apply it again. I gave it 9/10 rating because I wish I only had to put it on once daily. I highly recommend this product."

Benzaclin User over 10 Years (taken for 10 years or more) April 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Within 3 days acne pustules and swollen skin had reduced and not painful in my entire chin/jaw area. Its a bit drying and skin feels 'tight' but that's easy to handle with applying extra moisturizer. I've been an esthetician for 20 years so when adult acne showed up I tried everything spa treatment wise but after 2 years of the pain, discolouration, constant break outs this is what my GP prescribed - I'm so thankful!"

Scrappy Doo (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I was prescribed duac after getting very bad acne after coming off the pill. This was very unusual for me as I'd never had bad spots and it didn't run in my family. I found that my face was extremely oily all the time and was giving me large horribly pustule spots. I was given 3% duac as I was told the 5% would make the skin very dry and 1% may not work so it would be reviewed and altered to see how it went. I noticed changes immediately after 1 week and my skin has been flawless and I've even had compliments on it! For the people saying it made their skin too dry I could suggest maybe getting a lower % and only apply it once a day as I do at night time after washing my face. It honestly works wonders I couldn't recommend it more!"

Ellie s b March 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Used this product for 2 years. BE CAREFUL. It was very effective in clearing ALL of my acne. As a result of this cream, I previously got seborrheic dermatitis which I had to cure with antibiotics and it gave me a scar. It also made my skin swollen and the scar more visible, it feels as if it stops your skin from repairing and keeps stripping it of all moisture even if moisturising constantly. It makes your skin very dry. I stopped using it two weeks ago as I thought the side effects outweigh the positives and my skin feels much better. The scar is less visible and healing. Currently using glycolic acid with differin and I'm on the dretine contraceptive pill, moisturising with mango butter (non-comedogenic) - very effective."

Juliereyy March 28, 2017