User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 440 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin to treat Acne

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I used this for 2 months, it made no difference, the cream is absolutely useless, don't waste your time, don't get it"

jdjdjdjsiaoaowjejdjshsjaoaoa9s April 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Using Duac Once Daily (10mg + 50mg gel) cream. At age 44 I started to get acne. Reading previous reviews I was cautious about this cream but the results are great. You have to use this sparingly - no matter how tempting it is to put loads on if your skin is bad. It took a week before my skin cleared up. In the evening I spread a tiny amount on the T Zone area and it's enough to keep spots away. If my skin starts looking red or dry I will skip a night of not putting the cream on that area. Yes, my skin will look a little shiney the next day from the oils but I don't get spots and it allows my skin to recover. I would recommend you exfoliate once a week to remove dead, dry skin too. I will continue to use this cream until my skin calms down."

HannahLilly April 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have always have the odd few spots but being 28 and just breaking out in acne 6 months before my wedding was a bit of a shock. The doctors prescribed me Duac and within two days I noticed a difference and felt I could leave the house without foundation for the first time in months. The only side effects I've experienced is slightly itchy and dry skin. I don't mind this as the spots were painful and for the first time I can put moisturising cream on my face."

Emski (taken for less than 1 month) April 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "At 35 years old I thought i was over 'teenage acne' and my recent issues were hormonal. Over the past few of years I've used every face wash possible! I go on holiday in 2 weeks and had the worst break out ever! I didn't want to go on holiday looking like a child's dot to dot book, so I visited my doctor who gave me this gel. I've used it for only 3 nights and the spots are already 5 times better than they were! The red blotches from previous spots are also pretty much vanished. Yes its left my face dry and a bit tight, so make sure you use a good quality moisturiser once you've washed the gel off your face in the morning. I'd recommend reapplying moisturisturiser a couple of times through the day. Looking forward to seeing the full results!"

SarahG1102 April 10, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I'm 19 and have quite bad acne on my lower face especially on my cheeks and I was prescribed duac 5% and have been using it for 3 weeks. I was really excited at the prospect of my skin improving as my self confidence drastically plummeted each time my acne worsened but as of yet this hasn't happened. The gel dries out the skin massively and every moisturiser I have used has failed to help this. This has left me with no improvement to my skin but now I have the added bonus of dry flakey skin that makes it impossible to cover with foundation so now my dry skin is visible as is my severe acne. This hasn't helped my skin or confidence and I'm nearly at the end of my prescribed time of 5 weeks. My confidence is at an all time low due to my acne."

Sixteenacnesufferer April 8, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have had problems with acne since I hit puberty (age 10) lucky me. Benzaclin is the absolute best acne care product I have came across for my moderate breakouts that affect my face, neck, chest, shoulders and back. Sometimes I'm in a hurry or too tired to put it on twice a day and when I break out as a result of it, it only takes a day to see a difference when I apply it again. I gave it 9/10 rating because I wish I only had to put it on once daily. I highly recommend this product."

Benzaclin User over 10 Years (taken for 10 years or more) April 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Within 3 days acne pustules and swollen skin had reduced and not painful in my entire chin/jaw area. Its a bit drying and skin feels 'tight' but that's easy to handle with applying extra moisturizer. I've been an esthetician for 20 years so when adult acne showed up I tried everything spa treatment wise but after 2 years of the pain, discolouration, constant break outs this is what my GP prescribed - I'm so thankful!"

Scrappy Doo (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I was prescribed duac after getting very bad acne after coming off the pill. This was very unusual for me as I'd never had bad spots and it didn't run in my family. I found that my face was extremely oily all the time and was giving me large horribly pustule spots. I was given 3% duac as I was told the 5% would make the skin very dry and 1% may not work so it would be reviewed and altered to see how it went. I noticed changes immediately after 1 week and my skin has been flawless and I've even had compliments on it! For the people saying it made their skin too dry I could suggest maybe getting a lower % and only apply it once a day as I do at night time after washing my face. It honestly works wonders I couldn't recommend it more!"

Ellie s b March 28, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Used this product for 2 years. BE CAREFUL. It was very effective in clearing ALL of my acne. As a result of this cream, I previously got seborrheic dermatitis which I had to cure with antibiotics and it gave me a scar. It also made my skin swollen and the scar more visible, it feels as if it stops your skin from repairing and keeps stripping it of all moisture even if moisturising constantly. It makes your skin very dry. I stopped using it two weeks ago as I thought the side effects outweigh the positives and my skin feels much better. The scar is less visible and healing. Currently using glycolic acid with differin and I'm on the dretine contraceptive pill, moisturising with mango butter (non-comedogenic) - very effective."

Juliereyy March 28, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started using these two cremes about a year ago. They worked wonderfully and cleared up my acne and got rid of my acne scars. I had no side effects at first. Once all my acne scars were cleared up I stopped using the creams.acne didn't show back up on me face until about two months later,so I started using the cremes again.for some reason Everytime I used the products my face would turn red and itchy.it has been like this ever since. I thought maybe it was because my prescription expired but once I received a new prescription my face had the same side effects."

Jawday (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 20, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "My oldest son had horrible acne in high school. He is blonde and fair-skinned and had horrible red bumps all over his face. After 3-4 years of trying everything over the counter and 2-3 trips to the dermatologist , the pediatrician finally gave my youngest son a sample of duac and my older son used it and it worked wonders. His face finally cleared up. His skin is very sensitive and I don't remember a lot of drying as others have mentioned. But, he put it just on the pimples and not all over his face, though he had so much acne it pretty much was all over his face and his back. I wish I had found this sooner! One over counter "University Medical Acne med for rosacea" actually worked but they stopped making it soon after we discovered."

design77 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 17, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have struggled with moderate to severe acne since high school (now 24) and have tried just about every product on the market including two rounds of accutane. Last week, I saw my Derm and she put me on Onexton, as well as Retin-A. After less than a week of being on this combination my skin looks better than it has in months and I'm certain it is primarily due to Onexton. Fair warning- the first few days of this medication are very, very rough. I looked like a burn victim and my entire face was peeling, red and burning. However, by about day 4 or 5 it had appeared as though I had gotten a chemical peel and my skin was glowing! Im so, so happy with this medication and have been recommending it to everyone I know."

NCLE March 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I had acne for 5 years, saw many doctors and they all said nothing would help me and I would have acne for the rest of my life. I tried many creams, nothing worked. Then a dermatologist prescribed Duac and after about 3 weeks my skin was 100% clear. She told me to use a very thin layer at night and to use a heavy moisturiser in the morning to protect my skin. She also told me to stay out of the Sun at the time as your skin becomes thinner and more sensitive. Yes, in the beginning my skin was red and dry, but that goes away after a few days. Thats how you know it's working. It's definitely worth a few days of irritated skin knowing you'll have perfect skin after. Duac saved my skin. I'm forever grateful!!"

iamnaomi March 13, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "It's expensive but it WORKS!! My insurance covers it so I basically had a risk free try. I'll definitely be refilling my prescription. I bought proactive. And after a month I was seeing the results I wanted so my doctor prescribed this. I use it at night as it can dry the face. I use Spectro to wash my face day and night. It helps with the dryness. But honestly, it's been a couple weeks and my present acne is already fading. I had maybe one zit come up and it isn't all nasty and it's shrinking. I highly recommend especially if you have an oil problem."

Radicleorder (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Was prescribed this just a week ago and was told to use it twice a day after washing my face for my acne. I did this but it has left my face all dry, itchy, patchy and some part of my face looks like its been burned. I've stopped using it now and I won't be ever using this again, it slightly worked on calming down my acne spots but this cream has made my face look a thousand times worse."

Att February 26, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Had reasonably bad acne before using it with big red spots coming up and white spots that needed popping every morning without fail. Once doctor gave me this and advised using moisturiser at the same time I no longer had spots everyday and by the day the spots are reducing and it's only been 3 weeks. Good stuff"

Lalalalala12 February 25, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have only used this one day and can already tell a difference in the redness of my acne and scars."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 21, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I used this cream for my acne and about 3 months later it cleared up my skin. However it did leave my skin Itchy, dry and very red. I stopped using the cream for about a month and use it occasionally when I get a spot, but when I go to take it off I have a red mask on! It's worse than having spots to be fair. I have red patches everywhere and it takes a while to go. Does anyone know how to get rid of the red itchy skin?"

Girly321 February 20, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I never really had acne but around 2 years ago, I started to get pimples on my hairline but nothing too serious. I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Duac. Though my pimples cleared away, my skin got extremely dry, to the point where I was so embarrassed to go anywhere cos my skin was so flaky and dry. I was so upset because it just didn't go away. After about an year, I went to the dermatologist and he prescribed me this this cream called 'ELIDEL' (prescription only), which basically saved my life, after about a couple months my skin was much better. so after multiple visits to the doctor and almost 2 years later, my skin is finally close to how it used to be. so in short be careful when you use Duac, but I would recommend never using"

Keerthana131 (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Less problem with drying skin if you use sparingly. One tube lasts me about 10 weeks, using daily on face, neck and upper back"

Little is best (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "So far I have only been on this for two weeks and it has already drastically helped my skin! pharmacy noted that it can take 8 weeks for a pimple to form so the best results you'll see in two months but two weeks and I'm already so happy with this topical gel for my face! It does really dry your skin out so I highly recommend using a really good face cream (I'm using nivea mattify so it doesn't have to be a medicated or even an expensive cream just find a good one that wont clog your pores) and I only use the gel when I go to sleep at night not twice a day so I recommend doing this (even just to start if your doctor does want you to use it twice a day ease your way in) the first 4 days I only put it on for 2 hours to let skin get used to it."

charchar987 February 9, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Have been using the cream for about a week, on my jawline/cheek where after several months of failed creams, face washes, I was recommended this cream by my gp. Admittedly it has left my skin v.dry and is getting flakey, but is also getting rid of the acne. Be careful that you do wash your hands afterwards, and not to touch affected area after applying cream, as I have unwittingly the first 2/3 nights caused the cream to spread to areas where I have no acne, causing the skin to dry out. Am interested to see as others have commented before, as to whether or not the dryness eases up after my skin acclimatises to the cream. Would definitely recommend intense moisturising on affected area."

Tara Palmer (taken for less than 1 month) February 6, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Horrible! This product should not even be prescribed to anyone! I had a very very severe reaction on my skin and ended up worse than with my acne. The allergic reaction showed two days after the first application, disgrace! and Now three days after the first very very small application (of a very expensive cream, mind you) all of my face and neck is full of red blotches similar to a first degree burn! I have to miss days from work until this reaction passes because I cannot even go out in the sun as the itchiness flares up! So if you care for your skin DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!"

Ms M (taken for less than 1 month) January 27, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My GP had prescribed this to me at my requests for something to deal with my acne. I used this medication for about a month or a little longer. This medication dries out my face something terrible. I had to slather moisturizer on my face, which was probably counterintuitive. The medication worked well at drying out existing acne on my face but did nothing to prevent new acne. Every day I would wake up to new zits. I ended up going to a dermatologist and had something else prescribed. Also, with this medication containing benzoyl peroxide it stains your sheets very badly (thankfully, I already had a pillow case that resisted staining, same can't be said for the sheets)."

CassieMcQ (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 26, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've been using this product for about 6 months now and it is great. I noticed that it also prevents breakouts from happening as well as getting rid of existing breakouts and it also fades scars due to the bleaching effect. I would not recommend you use this around your eyes or on your eyelids the product can make them puffy. Also apply a very thin layer because this product is very drying! As an effect of drying out all the oils causing clearer skin. Overall this is a great product and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has acne."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 24, 2017