User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 402 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin to treat Acne

"This product is amazing! After 25 years of serious acne, it's now odd for me to have a pimple. Yes, it was a bit rough in the beginning. My skin got worse for a while and was very, VERY dry and cracking. But, I pushed through and now? I use it every other day and it's been life-changing. I spent tens of thousands on creams, facials, and specialized makeup to try to fix my acne and a $7 tube of medication has given me clear skin for the first time since I was a child."

ChellyB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I am 39, got a prescription for this duac once a day cream and am 4 days into it. It is the 1%/5% one but maybe the 1%/3% one would be kinder. In the area I get hit by acne more - my chin area - it is producing more, albeit smaller and painless, pustules even if it has wiped away one really big ugly pustule spot in that area. Though grateful I am now left with very dry itchy flaky skin where that spot was. No matter how much I moisturise. I am telling myself that it is only because my chin area needs more work and the cream brings these to the surface to then kill them eventually?? Other parts of my face I apply it to are not left this way. Ease of use is fine. Oh yes fridge storage is for pharmacists not users. It says so in the leaflet."

Somewhat confused September 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've never written a review of anything before. My face was flawless after high school. Here and there I would break out but nothing major. I am now 25 and started suffering from acne located primarily on my jawline. It was awful! I spent a small fortune on products and nothing worked. I finally went to the doctor and was prescribed benzaclin and it is amazing! I have been on it for three weeks today exactly and my face is so clear. There was a little itching at first if I slathered on too much. Now I only use it as spot treatment and that works great too!"

Lindzeeey September 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Well I'm a bit confused. I started using this 2 weeks ago and the other day I commented to my husband that my skin had really cleared up and I was feeling much better. Yesterday I came up all red and blotchy and itchy and today it looks even worse. Not sure if I've used too much or should have washed it off about an hour later or what but I look absolutely hideous - now plastering my face in E45 and hoping it goes down soon"

Busby01283 September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have been on benzaclin for approx. 1yr and 4 months now, and in the beginning (first 2-3 months) I was noticing a big improvement and my acne was starting to go away. However, my acne came back even worse a couple months after and the benzaclin was not helping it at all. Currently, I am still using benzaclin in hopes that it will work again for me, but I don't think it will to be honest :("

brennen September 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Be warned. This product is strong chemical and should not be applied all over 'the affected area' that has healthy skin with couple of blocked pores/comedones but ONLY ON SPOTS. I've burned my skin with this product, trying to recover this dry, patchy, red mess has caused new breakouts. I also got 3 new breakouts after first application. After second they got smaller in size (for that it gets better rate than 1). After 3rd I looked like I've been attacked. I've stopped using it and won't continue due to bad reaction. My skin is at all time low and I would have been better off without it."

Hanananananana90 September 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"You should definitely try it. It saved my skin the result is visible almost next day! I love it"

Anonymous September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've had acne since I was 12 years old. I used a lot (and I mean a lot) of acne products, even Accutane and Tactuo, and none of them worked for me. I am now 20 years old and after using Benzaclin, my acne completely disappeared!! My face is really smooth now! The only things left are my scars that I'm working on to remove. :)"

Anonymousxo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "This used to be my holy grail and whilst over two years later it still works, it's definitely not as effective as it was when I started using it. I wouldn't say this is a long term solution however when used with breaks in between it seems to clear my acne up a bit and I can certainly notice the difference. In combination with the pill I find it does the job nicely, however I've found my skin has sort of built up a resistance to it which is shame. The cream is extremely drying so definitely use moisturiser if you do suffer from dry skin and don't put it on at the start of the day and expect it to not linger if you're planning on putting makeup on even six hours later."

liah8 September 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've had acne since I was about 10 (I'm now 19) and had tried just about every type of drugstore spot treatment. Duac is the first thing to have properly worked! My advice would be to be weary and just gradually building it into your skin routine; it took me weeks to get my skin to be able to cope with it. Before that, my skin would be itchy, red and painful if I applied Duac every night as instructed. However 2 years on I can wear it every night pain-free. Definitely give it a try!"

Tashap August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This gel was very effective. My face was swollen because of the acne and I had bumps all over my face. Thanks to the gel my face was back to the normal"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have never had a problem with acne until I got into college. I am 20 years old and my acne got so out of control I would never be seen leaving the house without tons of make up covering my blemishes. I tried almost every over the counter acne treatment on the market and didn't notice any difference. Some of them would make a few pimples go away and I would just get them back a couple of days later. I went to the dermotologist and she prescribed me Onexton. This stuff is a miracle! After only using it for one night, I already noticed a significant difference in my face. I've been using it for a week now and my face is almost 100% flawless. It will make ur face dry so make sure to keep moisturizing."

ED1997 August 9, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "(Uk) started this cream when my hormonal acne + stress made my skin a bit of a mess.. probably about 2/3 years ago. In the beginning, this stuff is AMAZING! I mean, it cleared my skin to perfection within a few months, however (I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but for me) this isn't a long term solution :( maybe my skin became resistant to it, I'm not sure, but after a few months, it seemed to stop working. I stopped using it for a year or so to try and get rid of the resistance, and started again a few months ago. It was definitely not as effective as the first time. It has a little effect, seems to keep massive breakouts at bay but by no means does it clear my skin or prevent new ones unfortunately."

Emma9215 August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Have been on this and Retin-A for three weeks and I'm amazed at the results. No new pimples at all. Virtually poreless, clear skin and very smooth. It does burn a bit at first but following with CeraVe helps."

FlamingoPink August 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I LOVE this cream! I had acne when I was in my teens and this was the only cream that ever worked! My skin has been amazing throughout my early 20s however I am now 25 and off the pill and every now and again my skin seems to flare up especially around the "time of the month" which I know most people get however I went back to the doctors and was prescribed more Duac cream. I applied/apply this every night and already my skin is better. This is by far the most amazing acne cream. Couldn't recommend it enough. Thank you Duac!"

Lullabellex August 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have never wrote a review on a product before but I had to share my experience with this one because it's soooo good. I had really bad acne on my forehead that didn't wanna go away no matter what I used and finally I went to the doctor and he prescribed me Benzaclin. I used this a week straight and my skin was so much better. After 3 weeks all my acne was gone basically! The only thing that sucks is that if I stop using it a couple of weeks later my acne gets really bad again so u have to keep using it"

Annndicouldntthinkofaname August 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "The stuff is amazing! Dissecting cellulitis is just about one of the worst forms of acne that anyone could have. At the first sign of a pimple I put it on and it's gone within a day or two. It's not quite as effective for the dissecting cellulitis but it does help control flareups. Dissecting cellulitis is normally controlled with a steroid and anabiotic's. In my opinion for a topical cream to eliminate the need for steroids and anabiotic's is amazing!"

Justintb83 (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"OK LET ME JUST SAY IF YOU HAVE ACNE USE THIS!!! I AM NOT KIDDING USE IT!! I started getting acne my junior year. I never had a single pimple before until this. My problem area was all on the forehead and you know a few on the cheeks . I'm am extremely picky with my skin so I freaked out. I asked my dr to give me anything that would work I didn't care what I would have to do. She prescribed me this bottle of heaven . I used it twice a day morning and night . Within 2 weeks my acne cleared up . I then followed with a dermal roller to erase any acne scars/ spots . Now my face is completely clear"

Madison johnson July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "It made my white zits disappear. Made my skin smooth So yeah this works for gross zits that you can pop & the tender red bumps."

Sol like the sun July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used this with great success for two years and then it totally stopped working. My dermatologist said the clindamycin antibiotic often becomes ineffective after awhile."

Maclen51 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "My son started having bad acne when he turned 16. I bought tons of "acne treatments" that you can buy in stores, online from Paula's Choice, Clinique, and even tried Proactive, nothing worked and most made it worse. I felt horrible for him & finally said enough of the rubbish products and took him to the dermatologist who gave him a dermabrasion treatment & a prescription for Onexton. There are even cards that cover most of the cost even if you have insurance. They say 1 bottle/month but it lasts 6 months. My son's face began to clear up within 2 weeks! He is now 19 & hasn't had a break out since he started using Onexton. I am so thankful for this product! Don't waste money and precious time with your child's life, go straight to a dermatologist!"

Joann1969 June 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "So I used this for four night. As per dosage I used a super small amount. 3rd application my face burned really bad. Next morning I woke up with a rash on my cheeks. 4th night I avoided the irritated area but woke up the next day with a full face of eczema. I'd caution you, if you have eczema and your doctor still prescribes this (as mine did) be careful! Now I have a full face of steroid cream and my acne is still there☹️. It did seem to be making some effect before the whole huge eczema outbreak."

Jess-20- June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I never had acne before but now my face kinda had a break out and I visited my pharmacist and he recommended this treatment and it actually worked I only use it once a day and saw big improvements"

Aishamohammed May 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Honestly, when I set out to try this - I wasn't too sure what to expect. My skin was awful, and the horrid acne I had was so painful and built up that I couldn't properly cover it with makeup any more. I went on a combination of Duac gel and an antibiotic two months ago. Today, I only have one spot. I began to notice a difference to my skin the day after I first applied it. My skin had dried out immensely and the spots seemed to be going down. I was so happy. For the first three or so weeks of using Duac, my skin was a rollercoaster. At first my face was getting so dry that by the morning I was putting on a hefty layer of e45 cream under my makeup. Now, I don't use any. My skin no longer needs it. It's changed the oiliness of my skin"

sushiloverforlife May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was prescribed this because my skin had gotten to the point where I was needing to wear thick makeup and hated looking in the mirror. I'd never suffered acne before just the occasional hormonal spot or 2 and then all of a sudden my skin went a bit mad. Tried drinking more, getting sun and cutting out dairy but the only thing that really worked was this. I will say it did show slight improvement the first 2-3 weeks but now after 2 months its unbelievable! I have confidence back to not need makeup anymore. It does dry out the skin so make sure to use moisturiser. My only concern is what might happen when I stop using it..."

Kelly L May 12, 2017