User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 403 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin to treat Acne

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I loved this product! worked really well after about 1 1/2 months of constant use. Only downfall is that it's not a permanent solution. As soon as you stop using it your skin goes back to the way it was and you have to get another prescription to get more from the doctor. Also it dried out my skin a little, nothing daily moisturiser can't fix though."

Ace June 18, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I was starting to get really bad breakouts all over my face and I started to get really down about it, every day I would wake up with a new spot and this ranged from blackhead, whiteheads to painful under the skin spots. I went to my doctor to ask for help clearing my skin up and he gave me duac gel. In one word - AMAZING! I realise this may not work for everyone but it certainly has for me, I cut out using all of the other products I was using and applied duac to any problem areas, it took a week or so to really see the results but my skin is the clearest it has been in a long time and I have my confidence back! It can cause slight dryness/peeling but if you put E45 cream on these areas before bed it keeps skin smooth and fixes this! I hope it works for everyone the way it worked for me :)"

Shan (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2018

"I have very sensitive skin and had eczema before, which is a bad match for this drug, however the side effects can be mitigated if you proceed cautiously. Wet your face gently (with your hands barely touching your skin), apply a cleanser gently, wash it off (gently but thoroughly), pat dry with a towel (not wipe), let your skin dry for 2-5 minutes, then apply medication. When starting, you should use as little as you can while still covering all your skin (AVOID eye areas obv). For me, when I put a dab on my skin, it should disappear or be absorbed in 1 or 2 swipes of my finger. Generously apply moisturizer. Wash your hands appropriately. I experienced a burning sensation after applying, but it gradually fades away. Your skin will feel tight, dry, and look a little red (better tho). REMEMBER you must apply all over your face, as this is not a spot treatment, and you must apply regularly at the same times because it is an antibiotic and your acne may come back immune if you don't."

SensitiveSkinKid June 7, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have been using Duac for about 2 years now because I have suffered from very bad acne. It has definitely had a positive effect and I have actually had no irritation from it at all. Acne does not go away completely but it definitely improves it. I have a few friends that have been on it and it works for them too but as soon as you stop using it, you will see acne beginning to get worse again."

Missy C June 6, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I developed adult acne at 21 years old. Now at 28 I’ve been through 4 different products before being given Duac. It’s AMAZING. I’ve been using it 10 days and my skin is FLAWLESS."

Aine (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I had been suddenly breaking out like crazy. Some huge cystic bumps and everything. I was using aczone and it worked pretty good in the past, but wasn't really helping with this. Was waking up with new bumps every day even with the aczone on overnight. I started onexton and it's been about 2 weeks now. I have not had one new zit appear since starting this medication. All the pimples I had are gone. So I'd say this has been a miracle for me. Only negative Is it can be drying. That seems to be subsiding and a good moisturizer helps."

Chris0107 (taken for less than 1 month) May 21, 2018

"Ughhh so I’m on here again but with bad news and not good news like last time. I have mild acne since I’m a teenager but it ruins my self esteem more than anything. I started using this cream February 19th, and saw great results in barely a week. But I finished the bottle and got a new prescription just a week ago and it’s not working the same as it did before. My acne has come back ):"

Jackie (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I was prescribed topical Benzaclin in 2003 for mild acne. 4 months later I noticed blood in my stool. Long story short, I ended up with Ulcerative Colitis which then resulted in my having my entire colon removed. This product has warning labels, so read them and pay attention to how your body reacts to the treatment ."

Linds (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 15, 2018

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Was good for a year and my face broke out after that"

Anonymous May 12, 2018

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Literally cleared up my skin within a week. Highly recommend this to anyone with extreme break outs."

Kait (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I'm 21 years old. I've pretty much hormonal acne on my whole face. My dermatologist recommended me this gel and I've been using it since. The last two weeks and there's no significant difference. But my acne is becoming inflamed and leaving horrible scars. After reading reviews I'm a bit hopeful that it will cure my acne."

anna (taken for less than 1 month) April 24, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Used this for two days only at night. It may have reacted with my usual night moisturizer but my skin broke out into a red burning rash. My skin is scaly and itchy. I stopped using this product and hope I am able to find something that won't cause a reaction. It is too bad because there have been some great reviews. Although it doesn't work for my skin type at all. It has been over two straight days of burning, red, swollen, and irritated skin on my face. I didn't use a large amount either."

Bb (taken for less than 1 month) April 17, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Patience is key. I have oily/combination skin and I have been using this for 4 months and my skin is slowly improving. At the start it did make my skin go red and itchy (I still get the itchiness from time to time now) but I goes down and I saw results after 2 months. My acne hasn't completely gone away but my skins texture has improved and my past spots have gone. I replace my cream every 2 months as otherwise it expires and loses its effect. If you use this remember you won't see major result in a day, or a week it will take time and hopefully its worth it and its works for you but it might not work for everyone."

Cam (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've had acne for around 7 months now and it's on my forehead and mouth area. I got prescribed duac by my doctor on Monday, so I've been using it for around 6 days now ( I apply it once at night). It's helped at making my spots flat and calming any redness. However, I've got a dry patch on the bottom of my mouth, which looks like the first layer of skin has been burnt or peeled, it's red and extremely itchy. It's only been a few days though so I'm hoping this goes away and it helps my skin. Try being patient as its said to work around 4-6 weeks in."

Idk (taken for less than 1 month) April 15, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I used this duac gel only once and it left my skin red raw and itchy as well as dry.. I am so worried. Will it ever go back to how it used to be. I much preferred my acne than this burnt skin :("

Romi April 9, 2018

"I suffered severe acne but it was mostly on my forehead, my doctor prescribed me benzoyl peroxide and I started using it every night and by 3 weeks all of my spots had cleared up. Even though there were still visible scars, the results were amazing. I continued using the prescription for 4 months or so, and no spots appeared. In the summer I ran out of the medication and my skin was getting slightly worse, so I asked to be prescribed more of benzoyl peroxide and I applied it on my face that night and the next morning my face was completely swollen, I had an allergic reaction to it, which was weird cause that had never happened before. I’m not sure if there was something wrong with the benzoyl peroxide or it just didn’t work anymore. It’s been 6 months and my acne hasn’t cleared up as my doctors keep prescribing me rubbish! I’m on Erythromycin tablets, I’m literally praying it works"

Girl14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I was prescribed this by my doctor after I came to her with stubborn acne at 19 that I’ve had since I was 17, mostly on my cheeks and spots/clusters on my forehead, chin, and neck. So I use the benzclin in the morning and she gave me stieva-A to use at night for scarring. My skin is oily but dehydrated so I use moisturizer twice a day. The stieva-a has helped tremendously with scarring but so far the benzaclin hasn’t done much, my t-zone is mostly clear but still stubborn acne on my cheeks :( it’s been about six weeks but I read it can take up to 12 so I’ll keep trying it. This medication was covered so I get it for free"

Paige (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Post no 2. Patience is key my loves. And now more than a year of using it every day my skin is completely clear. I have tiny scars which are almost gone but from standing distance they are barely visible. I’m gonna start using it 2/3 times a week now because it does make my skin peel (not noticeably, I only realised when I use fake tan because it comes off quickly in the places I use duac) and it’s making me pale as anything SOOO in conclusion. Stay lit and happy and just be patient. Stress is your no1 enemy just stay calm. Ps I hardly ever where face makeup anymore, I only where concealer under my eyes and a bita brows and I thats definitely helped. Wearing full coverage foundation every day was one of the worst things for my skin. Also I don’t know if this actually helped or not but around the time my skin started improving for real I only drank water and green tea. Very rarely anything else). Sorry this post is long but I know ya wanna as I've been in ya shoes. ;)"

Carriemilston April 4, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've never had bad acne on my face but I got some inflammation on my shoulders. As I got older, it started to fix itself but wanted something to help it along a little. I went to the doctor's and was prescribed Duac. Due to my pale skin, I was given a slightly weaker version of the gel. As expected, I had dry and itchy skin but it passed. My shoulders became clearer but I noticed that my face hadn't improved at all, it seemed to have gotten worse. It caused me to have a breakout on my chin that, two weeks on, still hasn't cleared up. I only apply it to my cheeks and chin but noticed that I was getting small red lumps on my forehead. My skin has turned really red and it seems like the irritation that you experience when you first start using this gel has returned. I have read the reviews and comments here saying that people could see improvements within several weeks to a month but I've seen no change and it appears as though I'm just wasting my breath with this product."

Alyssa (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2018

"I started this gel on Tuesday, it is now Saturday 3/31/18 and my face is completely clear of all acne!!!! My acne was severe but this cleared it right up! I am so so happy with this product I recommend it to anyone who has severe acne. It does dry your skin but I use it overnight and use moisturizer throughout the day I have no dry skin or redness!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

"I didn't notice much of a difference for about a month, but now, almost two months later - Wow! It cleared up my forehead acne completely, and it's working well on some of my pigmentation left behind from my acne. Usually I flare up before my period, but this time, I only got a couple on my chin and the cream is working well on those, too. Overall, I'm very satisfied. I use it once a day, at night. It is drying, but not that bad for my skin type. I will use a moisturizer after, and once or twice a week, leave it without moisturizing and just make sure I use a good one in the AM."

Hope (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Severe allergic reaction to this cream after applying two days red lumps thousands all over area where cream applied, not happy with this cream would never use it again"

RG (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2018

"So I’ve already shared on here about 2 weeks ago about my progress. Today marks 1 month that I’ve been using this gel every night, and I have seen great improvement but what I hate the most is that it doesn’t prevent new spots from coming and it sucks. I thought I found my solution but at least it gets rid of the spots overnight. I also hate the really flaky and red skin ):"

Jackie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018

"I never had a problen with Acne. As a woman I was diagnosed with PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome) which causes adult acne. I had it mildly, 2-3 pimples a month. My doctor suggested Clindamycin & Benzoyl Peroxide Gel (to be applied twice a day). I used it for only 3 days & had to STOP. The first 2 days my skin felt tight & slightly irritated. I thought it was a normal reaction after having read reviews. Day 3, I noticed that the 1 pimple I had was going away. I was happy. Day 4 I woke up & went to wash my face & apply the gel & when I looked in the mirror, I was horrified. The left side of my face under my eye, by my nose, my cheek & chin were swollen, hived up, red and very irritated. I stopped using the medication. I took a benedryl thinking it might be an allergic reaction to the Clindamycin but it did not help. It has been 4 days with this rash & it is getting worse. I am going to the ER."

Sad One (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Duac cleared my skin! I suffered with mild acne so I cannot say what it will do for more severe acne but in my opinion its worth trying. Duac is the only thing I’ve found that clears my closed comedones and whiteheads and gets rid of blackheads. Lots of people give duac a bad name due to the side effects but if you persevere through them you will most likely see great results! I did suffer from the side effects fairly badly, I had a rash/burn on my cheeks and chin, had dry skin all over and also got a rash on my neck despite not applying duac to it. My advice with duac is to slowly incorporate it into your skin care routine to allow your skin to adapt to it. Also, use a very hydrating moisturiser (even if you have oily skin) twice a day. Oh and don’t put it on any clear areas of skin or you’ll have unnecessary dryness and irritation."

pip3303 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018