User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 403 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin to treat Acne

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I used this duac gel only once and it left my skin red raw and itchy as well as dry.. I am so worried. Will it ever go back to how it used to be. I much preferred my acne than this burnt skin :("

Romi April 9, 2018

"I suffered severe acne but it was mostly on my forehead, my doctor prescribed me benzoyl peroxide and I started using it every night and by 3 weeks all of my spots had cleared up. Even though there were still visible scars, the results were amazing. I continued using the prescription for 4 months or so, and no spots appeared. In the summer I ran out of the medication and my skin was getting slightly worse, so I asked to be prescribed more of benzoyl peroxide and I applied it on my face that night and the next morning my face was completely swollen, I had an allergic reaction to it, which was weird cause that had never happened before. I’m not sure if there was something wrong with the benzoyl peroxide or it just didn’t work anymore. It’s been 6 months and my acne hasn’t cleared up as my doctors keep prescribing me rubbish! I’m on Erythromycin tablets, I’m literally praying it works"

Girl14 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I was prescribed this by my doctor after I came to her with stubborn acne at 19 that I’ve had since I was 17, mostly on my cheeks and spots/clusters on my forehead, chin, and neck. So I use the benzclin in the morning and she gave me stieva-A to use at night for scarring. My skin is oily but dehydrated so I use moisturizer twice a day. The stieva-a has helped tremendously with scarring but so far the benzaclin hasn’t done much, my t-zone is mostly clear but still stubborn acne on my cheeks :( it’s been about six weeks but I read it can take up to 12 so I’ll keep trying it. This medication was covered so I get it for free"

Paige (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Post no 2. Patience is key my loves. And now more than a year of using it every day my skin is completely clear. I have tiny scars which are almost gone but from standing distance they are barely visible. I’m gonna start using it 2/3 times a week now because it does make my skin peel (not noticeably, I only realised when I use fake tan because it comes off quickly in the places I use duac) and it’s making me pale as anything SOOO in conclusion. Stay lit and happy and just be patient. Stress is your no1 enemy just stay calm. Ps I hardly ever where face makeup anymore, I only where concealer under my eyes and a bita brows and I thats definitely helped. Wearing full coverage foundation every day was one of the worst things for my skin. Also I don’t know if this actually helped or not but around the time my skin started improving for real I only drank water and green tea. Very rarely anything else). Sorry this post is long but I know ya wanna as I've been in ya shoes. ;)"

Carriemilston April 4, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've never had bad acne on my face but I got some inflammation on my shoulders. As I got older, it started to fix itself but wanted something to help it along a little. I went to the doctor's and was prescribed Duac. Due to my pale skin, I was given a slightly weaker version of the gel. As expected, I had dry and itchy skin but it passed. My shoulders became clearer but I noticed that my face hadn't improved at all, it seemed to have gotten worse. It caused me to have a breakout on my chin that, two weeks on, still hasn't cleared up. I only apply it to my cheeks and chin but noticed that I was getting small red lumps on my forehead. My skin has turned really red and it seems like the irritation that you experience when you first start using this gel has returned. I have read the reviews and comments here saying that people could see improvements within several weeks to a month but I've seen no change and it appears as though I'm just wasting my breath with this product."

Alyssa (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2018

"I started this gel on Tuesday, it is now Saturday 3/31/18 and my face is completely clear of all acne!!!! My acne was severe but this cleared it right up! I am so so happy with this product I recommend it to anyone who has severe acne. It does dry your skin but I use it overnight and use moisturizer throughout the day I have no dry skin or redness!!!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2018

"I didn't notice much of a difference for about a month, but now, almost two months later - Wow! It cleared up my forehead acne completely, and it's working well on some of my pigmentation left behind from my acne. Usually I flare up before my period, but this time, I only got a couple on my chin and the cream is working well on those, too. Overall, I'm very satisfied. I use it once a day, at night. It is drying, but not that bad for my skin type. I will use a moisturizer after, and once or twice a week, leave it without moisturizing and just make sure I use a good one in the AM."

Hope (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 27, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Severe allergic reaction to this cream after applying two days red lumps thousands all over area where cream applied, not happy with this cream would never use it again"

RG (taken for less than 1 month) March 26, 2018

"So I’ve already shared on here about 2 weeks ago about my progress. Today marks 1 month that I’ve been using this gel every night, and I have seen great improvement but what I hate the most is that it doesn’t prevent new spots from coming and it sucks. I thought I found my solution but at least it gets rid of the spots overnight. I also hate the really flaky and red skin ):"

Jackie (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018

"I never had a problen with Acne. As a woman I was diagnosed with PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome) which causes adult acne. I had it mildly, 2-3 pimples a month. My doctor suggested Clindamycin & Benzoyl Peroxide Gel (to be applied twice a day). I used it for only 3 days & had to STOP. The first 2 days my skin felt tight & slightly irritated. I thought it was a normal reaction after having read reviews. Day 3, I noticed that the 1 pimple I had was going away. I was happy. Day 4 I woke up & went to wash my face & apply the gel & when I looked in the mirror, I was horrified. The left side of my face under my eye, by my nose, my cheek & chin were swollen, hived up, red and very irritated. I stopped using the medication. I took a benedryl thinking it might be an allergic reaction to the Clindamycin but it did not help. It has been 4 days with this rash & it is getting worse. I am going to the ER."

Sad One (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Duac cleared my skin! I suffered with mild acne so I cannot say what it will do for more severe acne but in my opinion its worth trying. Duac is the only thing I’ve found that clears my closed comedones and whiteheads and gets rid of blackheads. Lots of people give duac a bad name due to the side effects but if you persevere through them you will most likely see great results! I did suffer from the side effects fairly badly, I had a rash/burn on my cheeks and chin, had dry skin all over and also got a rash on my neck despite not applying duac to it. My advice with duac is to slowly incorporate it into your skin care routine to allow your skin to adapt to it. Also, use a very hydrating moisturiser (even if you have oily skin) twice a day. Oh and don’t put it on any clear areas of skin or you’ll have unnecessary dryness and irritation."

pip3303 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "This gel is really really good when trying to clear spots! I have always had really bad acne and this gel had changed my life since I had been prescribed it from my doctor! I noticed a difference after a month and it also prevents new spots from coming! Would highly recommend "

Sophiek1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Before trying Duac I had tried loads of expensive serums, creams, gels, rollers, diets to no avail. I finally saw my GP 3 weeks ago and she prescribed me a combined treatment of Duac gel and doxycycline. Initially the Duac caused a burning effect, this lasted for about a week. It literally felt and looked like it was burning the top layer of my skin off. I pushed on having read that this was common and not a reaction, heading into week two I started to get excited! Patches of my skin were already starting to clear up and the burning and flaking wasn’t as bad. Week 3 and my skin looks amazing! I have a couple of teeny spots but not pus filled and my skin is so smooth, even, non greasy and glowing!! I swear it looks like it did when I was 20!! I am blown away! My chest is almost clear, my back is getting there. I’m just so happy with the results so far. My advise to people starting out is to push through that initial horrible part because it’s sooooo worth it. Good luck everyone."

Steph1212 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Have only given Duac an 8/10 as I’ve only been using for a week but I have already noticed such a difference. My skin feels so smooth and haven’t had any new breakouts whatsoever! Fingers crossed it continues to work!"

Amy1993 (taken for less than 1 month) March 1, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've had bad skin since I was 11 and I'd been using duac on and off since I was 15, but never correctly. At the age of 19 I decided to give it another go. I started using it in Nov 17 and I saw fantastic results by January. Like many other users here, I did experience some side effects such as my eyes puffing up a bit, itching and really dry skin. I told my doctor, who told me to continue using it daily but to apply moisturiser frequently. Although my skin stayed dry, after a couple of nights of wearing the duac all the other side effects went away and never returned throughout the course of using it. I finished after 12 weeks as prescribed. Although I still had visible acne scars from the previous 8 years, I had no spots and no blackheads. It worked perfectly! The only problem was, 2 weeks after not using it my skin is back to normal, if not worse. Although it does work fantastically, it seems to have short term results - at least for my skin type anyway."

Bernie February 28, 2018

"(Use VANI Cream as a moisturizer !) I started using this stuff along with tretonoin every day when I was 14 because of my hormonal acne, it completely cleared my skin. After about 6 months I thought my skin was good enough and I stopped using it, but then after 3months my acne came back but worse with deep bright red cystic acne on my cheeks , chin and forehead. I started using it again and my skin broke out SO BAD because it was pulling out all the deep rooted acne, but after a harsh month I saw results all at once. For people who’s can’t find a moisturizer , USE VANI CREAM!!(for sensitive skin) This stuff is very strong but doesn’t interact with the medicine to make it burn, its also not greasy, and prevents flaking."

fjvgfj (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 26, 2018

"Sooo.. I’m only 18 but I’ve had acne for about 6 months now. It’s honestly not bad at all but I’m still unconfident about it , it tears me down to the lowest bit of myself. 5 months ago I was put on the bc pill to calm it down, hasn’t helped at all but I’m still taking it. I recently was just prescribed this gel by a doctor. I started using this 2/19/18, I’ve seen very good results already and it’s 2/25/18 today... I’m very hopeful for this product to completely clear my skin. Only down side is that my skin is soooo red and very dry. But I’ve purchased a moisturizer that blocks out redness which is great and I haven’t worn face makeup in 3 days. I’m very happy and I hope I don’t jinx this, I’ll update soon (:"

Jackie (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "This was great for my blackheads for the first few months that I used it. Really smoothed out my skin, got rid of blemishes, and even helped prevent breakouts (and if I did get something, it dramatically reduced how bad it was and how long it lasted). Then all of a sudden, it started making my face red. Not itchy or dry (kind of shiny actually), but very red. My dermatologist told me to try using it every other night instead of every night. But still, whenever I'd apply it, I'd wake up the next day so red, and it would be like that for a full day, sometimes two days. I kept trying to reduce the frequency of use, but every time I use it now I just get completely red. Not sure what the deal is, but it no longer feels worth it. A shame though, since it was great when it was working."

askdlfjsaklfdjslf February 18, 2018

"I was breaking out so much. I'm 57 and I've never had a problem with breakouts. I've taken myself off of an anti-depressant and tranquilizer plus I've developed diabetes 2 and I'm thin. All of the above and I'm breaking out. This cream does WONDERS for me. I highly recommend it. Also. Use sparingly. I was piling it in and my face started peeling. I used moisturizer and all was fine "

Cutes (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2018

"I have very dry skin, but my acne started to flare up when I turned 15. I got little bumps that wouldn’t leave on my cheeks and forehead, plus cystic acne on my cheeks and chin. I knew it was hormonal, so I went to my doctor for birth control. However, she prescribed me this along with the birth control. I saw results almost immediately. I get almost no cysts, just a few zits every now and then. I’m four months into the medication and it looks pretty good. There is a con to it though. My severe dry skin was made so much worse. The skin around my eyes flakes, peels, and is red. I peel on my hairline( I don't put medication there or on my eyes). It took forever to find a moisturizer that worked, but I haven’t found an eye cream that doesn’t burn my eyes. Overall, I’m happy being somewhat acne free. Someone with oily skin might have less of the side effects I’m having."

sandstorm075 February 4, 2018

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "If I could give this a negative I would. After ONE use my skin was so tight and dry and looked as if I had leather for skin. My face became bright red like a sunburn. At first I thought I was having an allergic reaction and the leathery feeling was hives so I took Benadryl. Nothing changed. I’m on day 3 and still have awful skin. I only used it once and I want my money back. This is the worst skin cleanser I have ever used and advise anyone to use over the counter face wash instead"

Morganatic February 2, 2018

"Previously, I used Benzaclin to treat my acne with no problems. I recently ran out and went back to the doctor to get a new prescription. He then prescribed me taro-benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin. I’ve applied as directed and my face has broken out into rashes where applied. This is the second day of application.. maybe the problem will go away."

Lucy226 February 1, 2018

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Throughout high school I had clear skin, then in my 20’s I started to develop very bad acne. Particularly on my jawline. I tried many products and nothing worked. Went to the doctor and got prescribed this. LIVE SAVER. Clears up acne VERY quickly and leaves skin smooth. Only downside is dryness but that’s to be expected with a treatment like this. I would highly recommend if you are struggling with painful pimples and don’t seem to wanna go away."

Jayde1527 January 19, 2018

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "So my problems started when I was 14. Before 14 I had the most perfect skin you'd ever seen and gradually I started having breakouts but it was once or twice but a year after, boom. There are so many one on another. It was horrible. I lived with it during my entire high school phase. Yes people would make comment about it, and I felt bad. I applied every kind of things possible to get rid of it. But couldn't. So at 17 I discovered Duac. I applied it every night and by 18 half of it disappeared. So I continued and now I have only scars which treat with bio oil. Duac has worked wonders for me.. But patience is key. It tool me several months to see the difference but it was mind blowing. Would definitely recommend this."

LilPanda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2018

"This took a week or two to see results but I have to say it has DRAMATICALLY helped my skin. Note to anyone using the cream: DO NOT PICK AT YOUR SKIN!!! The cream will fix whatever issue is on your face so let it work and don’t touch your face or you’ll make the acne 5000x worse. Once I realized that I haven’t had any huge problems. I didn’t give it a 10 because I still have some breakouts but by far this is better than any of the other medications I have used. (Solodyn, aczone, adapelene)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2017