User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin Rating Summary

8.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 430 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin to treat Acne

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Used duac years ago when I was a teenager with severe acne and now with mild acne as a 26 year old. Worked brilliantly both times. Skin started breaking out after my contraceptive implant was installed. Duac 5% was not available but 3% worked fine. I used along with bio oil and tea tree face wash. Did not experience any drying or flaking. Very pleased, I think it also levelled out my complexion by lightening the dark scars but that may be the bio-oil"

Joy19903005 (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I'm a 13 year old girl going through puberty and of course puberty brings a bunch of annoying problems, including acne. My acne is mild but a few have pus in them and I'd rather not have that. I've had spots for about 3 years now, (the first year only using drugs over the counter) and my spots wouldn't disappear after that first year. I went to see the doctor as I had started to get bacne (back acne). He prescribed Duac, once daily gel. I honestly think Duac is the best thing I've ever used on my skin. I personally didn't experience any dryness or pealing and I think that's because I put a thin layer over my face and washed my face every morning and night with a good acne-banishing facial wash (such as Vichy). Few days, no spots!!"

ElleXo (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "This product is AMAZING! I honestly saw a difference in once day, I have mild acne and a lot of under the skin spots on my forehead, on the cheek area I had huge pores and produced a lot of oil... My skin was a mess. After one day larger pimples reduced and my under the skin spots disappeared within a month! Unfortunately they have discontinued this product( I used the blue packaging one) the green packaging DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!"

Acne321 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 10, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "This spot gel is amazing! It started working for me within 3 days. I had no side effects with this spot gel, I have oily skin and very big pores and that means I am spot prone. I went through a phase of acne and went to the doctor and got prescribed duac and I'm so glad that I was! It made my skin clear as day! I wouldn't recommend using it after it is two months old, as it doesn't seem to work as effectively after that amount of time but you can always get a new tube as it is usually used up in that time!"

bethan_ (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Iv'e struggled with acne for years now.Once I started using Acanya, Ziana, and Solodyn, I can see a huge difference with my face . I had really bad acne and you could clearly tell it was there. I tried everything you could possibly think of and so far these products are the only ones that have been helpful. I would recommend seeing a dermatoligist if you have bad acne, they will most likely give you these products.Just wanted to share my experience, hope you find help with it."

Doesn't Matter (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 7, 2016

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Honestly, this medicine has been life changing for me. Before I used it, my acne was awful, mostly on my forehead but all around the rest of my face, too. My dermatologist prescribed it to me and within a month of using it my acne completely cleared up. Now three years later, I still use it and my face remains acne free!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 6, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Before I started using duac, my skin was discusting! I had little bumps everywhere from my forehead to my cheeks and my chin. I hid behind my hair at school. Makeup made the bumps even worse and I also had them sore under skin huge bumps that took ages to go away. My skin was a nightmare. My dermatologist prescribed me this and I have been using it for more than 3 months, I love it! My skin has completely cleared up!! The only problem is that you can't take a break from it or else your acne will come shooting back. Trust me, I learned the hard way:( anyway besides that, I would recommend this to everyone!!! I am only 13 but this product has made me feel so much more beautiful and confident after dealing with acne on my face, chest and back."

Kylie Rae (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 4, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Very effective from the beginning! Although I came across a few side effects - redness, dryness, peeling of skin - this cream completely eliminated most of my acne. I particularly found it astonishing that over the space of a few months my Cysts had decreased - in size -dramatically. They'd shrink and leak until they vanish usually not leaving any scars, only marks - which will fade over a period of time. When my skin was feeling painful due to the side effects - stinging at night - I'd stop using duac for a couple of days and moisturise up. Once the side effects decreased slightly I'd go back on it. I took Duac along side the antibiotic erythromycin - however I didn't find that drug effective."

Connor9 July 4, 2016

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "My type of acne was small bumbs all over my forehead and not even kidding benzaclin stated working overnight after my first use! Completely dried up my acne and my skins been perfect since I have used it"

Aceface July 1, 2016

"I have started using this product along with Retin-A for my mild acne and started seeing results literally after one use. I have suffered with since the age of 10 (very early). It's always been pretty mild and has come and gone depending on the birth control I've used. I'm 28 now and the past few years my skin has been worsening. I am off birth control now. These two products have helped clear all the little bumps on my forehead and shoulders. My skin tone is evening out and I am having much fewer new pimples emerging. New and old acne are clearing much more quickly than before. So far, I'm very pleased with this combination. My skin has been a little dry, red, and peeling, but I have combated that with avocado oil used as a moisturizer."

Rml2211 June 30, 2016

"I absolutely love this combination of gel and cream..I was on a birth control that made my skin break out like crazy..keep in mind I had never ever had a ance before do I was freaking ..i csll my doc she tells me to stop the hormonal BC and she prescribed me this cream..within the first night I saw results my cystic ance was disappearing my blackheads were disappearing ..after 3-4 days almost all ance gone ..after a week my skin is so much smoother and ance free..very mild dryness ..I recommend this to anyone who is suffering with underground ance"

Nikki Capz June 30, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "For the first 3-4 days of use my face was so sore and skin was so dry.I have very sensitive skin anyway due to illness but really felt as tho i could have happily quite the treatment didn't matter how much moisturiser i put on it felt like if i smiled my face would crack.I carried on with the treatment every other day instead of the recommended every day till i felt i can tolerate it everyday.Nearly a month after starting the treatment and i feel it's the best thing i ever did to persevere through the first few weeks.My face is clear still a bit dry but nothing a good moisturiser helps"

Tracyxoxo (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2016

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I was on accutane for 7 months? Something like that. And had no acne at all afterwards but 6 months later I had a random terrible flare up and used onexton, worked pretty well except I put too much on one area so if kinda burnt my skin."

acnenomore (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "This cream is amazing, I would definitely recommend this to anyone who struggles with acne. When I first went to the doctors about my acne they said to use this cream but it is very strong with antibiotics. I had spots all over my face when I first went and in about 4 days most of them went. If you get any issues then I suggest using a different type if acne cream like duracell."

Hannahbanana2003 June 25, 2016

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "My face was breaking out so badly that I didn't even want to look in the mirror, blAvk heads horrible cysts I tried using a homemade mixture for my face which did nothing. My doctor later prescribed onexton and ziana gel onexton in the morning ziana at night I had no idea that after applying the onexton and the ziana to moisturize my skin, So after two weeks of use my skin was red peeling n painful, so I decided to stop using it for a week and get m skin hydrated, than I went back to using the products, I've been using it for about 3 months now and it's cleared all the acne away and all the excess dead skin is gradually coming off. It takes time to see a major difference but I seen my difference within 1 1/2 months . I would recommend both."

S26 June 24, 2016

"It's been three days and this product has already dried up most of my spots, I can't wait to see the results of one week"

Lovezo (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2016

"I've spent over 500 dollars on different face washes, acne toner, home remedies and nothing worked! I went into the doctor because my spots were causing me discomfort and after being diagnosed with mild acne I was given this gel! Started out on this product last night and having applied it once last night and twice today as prescribed I'm already noticing the swelling of the acne going down. I've noticed no more acne or spots appear! This product so far does make your face some what dry, and itchy, but I haven't experienced peeling! I'm definitely sticking this out, so far I'm impressed as its been the one thing to so far give me hope!"

lovezo (taken for less than 1 month) June 23, 2016

Acanya (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I absolutely love this product. it does take some time to fully work but the end results are amazing . if your skin does dry out try applying a small amount of moisturizer!! I really only do " spot treatments " with this product because if I do apply it to my whole face it dries it out so much"

Anonymous June 16, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Tried this twice, have really bad hormonal acne and was prescribed this by me GP, completely dried my skin out and it hurt to use anything but simple face wash on it, stung and itched a lot and made my dermatitis soo much worse. That was last year, gave up on prescribed treatments until 2 months ago, again was given duac even after describing my first experience with it have used it for 6 weeks now, skin has adjusted to drying but has done nothing for my acne, still have as many breakouts if not worse"

Staceym0657 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2016

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "So I started using it in February 2016 and I was using it completely wrong! I was putting only in the area where I have acne but putting way too much!! You only need a very thin layer. The amount I was putting on just that one area I now use all over my face. When I was putting too much my face got so dry that it was like really rough and crusty and it only made it worse. I've been using it correctly now and I haven't had any cysts for three months! However, I recently stopped using it for about a week and a half and I got a new cyst! I thought I'd be okay to go without benzaclin for a while, but honestly I think I need it to never have a cyst ever again! Honestly it really works for getting rid of cysts! It didn't work right away though!"

Adrianana June 12, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Day 3 of using duac gel and my face is red, irritated and very itchy. I woke in the night with a very itchy face and it kept me awake so I decided to wash it and apply a few layers of a moisturiser, it is still considerably itchy but I think that helped. I have quite dry skin anyway so I'm guessing that's why my face got so itchy. Hopefully I'll start seeing better results soon."

Keeks22 June 4, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've been suffering with really bad acne since the removal of my implant about three months ago. I tried all the over the counter 'remedies' and face washes etc with no success. I have incredibly sensitive skin so was worried about using it at first. I'm in day three now (early days I know) however I couldn't be more happy with it, my skin is so much clearer! All my spots have dried out and I haven't had any new ones since using it. When I wake up my skin can be a bit dry but my Dr said just give it a good soak in the shower every morning and it will be fine. Which I have and it really helps. Overall very happy with the product so far, feeling a lot more confident with my skin."

G95 May 29, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I am a 20 yr old female and I began breaking out with acne at the age of 15, I suffered from both dry and oily skin. I tried nearly every kind of commercial facial scrub there was. I would pop the pimples and then apply toothpaste which would leave scars. I applied nearly every condiment I could find in the pantry to my face - I did in fact find that honey helped get rid of my blackheads. Desperate, I consulted my GP and prescribed me with DUAC. After two weeks of using this product my acne was pretty much gone without leaving scars and my skin was looking flawless. I gradually stopped using DUAC and so now I only wash my face with Medicated Soap and moisturise. Highly recommended just ensure you're using a good moisturiser in the mornings."

SeedyHerbs (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2016

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I was prescribed this by the doctor. She never mentioned that it could make my skin raw, dry, flaky etc so when I read reviews, I was a bit afraid to use it. I didn't slather it on but put it on the spots directly (though it says it's not for that). I figured if they dried out, it wouldn't be too bad. I tried this and I thought it was really gentle. I had no red dry skin, the spots looked smaller...this made me think that maybe mine was out of date or hadn't been kept in the fridge before use like it says to do. Maybe I just have really resilient skin (as I have had acid peels). So for me, this was good. My skin isn't perfect but the big spots I used to get are a thing of the past and any new ones shrink quickly."

SarahWarah (taken for less than 1 month) May 20, 2016

"My 15 year old daughter has suffered from acne since she was 13 or so. It had gotten really bad this year mainly all over her forehead, leaving dark marks (we r African Americans). We tried home remedies & OTC stuff which just didn't seem to do anything. So, I decided to take her to see a dermatologist (4/28/2016) hoping for some type of antibiotics. Instead, she prescribed Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin (1x day for the first 2 weeks then 2x day after), Neutrogena Ultra Gental wash & Aneeno 30 SPF moisturtizer. 5/16/2016, her face is so much better, no new acne & spots fading fast! Yes she has had some drying but we just make sure to exfoliate 2x week w/ sugar & raw honey mixture. Hardly any dark marks at all in just a 3 weeks!"

JJsHappyMommy May 17, 2016