User Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin

Also known as: Acanya, Benzaclin, Duac, Neuac, Onexton, Z-Clinz 10, Z-Clinz 5

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin.

Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin Rating Summary

8.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 400 medications used in the treatment of Acne.

Reviews for Benzoyl peroxide/clindamycin to treat Acne

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "So my problems started when I was 14. Before 14 I had the most perfect skin you'd ever seen and gradually I started having breakouts but it was once or twice but a year after, boom. There are so many one on another. It was horrible. I lived with it during my entire high school phase. Yes people would make comment about it, and I felt bad. I applied every kind of things possible to get rid of it. But couldn't. So at 17 I discovered Duac. I applied it every night and by 18 half of it disappeared. So I continued and now I have only scars which treat with bio oil. Duac has worked wonders for me.. But patience is key. It tool me several months to see the difference but it was mind blowing. Would definitely recommend this."

LilPanda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 9, 2018

"This took a week or two to see results but I have to say it has DRAMATICALLY helped my skin. Note to anyone using the cream: DO NOT PICK AT YOUR SKIN!!! The cream will fix whatever issue is on your face so let it work and don’t touch your face or you’ll make the acne 5000x worse. Once I realized that I haven’t had any huge problems. I didn’t give it a 10 because I still have some breakouts but by far this is better than any of the other medications I have used. (Solodyn, aczone, adapelene)"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 22, 2017

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I started using this cream about 2 weeks ago - the first few days were fantastic and it cleared up my spots straight away. However after about a week my skin became very red, dry and incredibly itchy. I stopped using it about 3 days ago however my skin is still very red and itchy around my chin and jawline. It has cleared up the spots for now, however the constant itching is not worth it. I won’t be going back to it."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 10, 2017

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have used duac for 6 months my skin was clear as day using it daily. Now I’ve had an allergic reaction I can’t use it anymore and acne is straight back to how it was. Not a cure but amazing product if used daily - takes about 1 month to kick in and wok"

Bgrayyyy November 28, 2017

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Just want to start by stating my skin type..I get bad breakouts & that's why I am on Duac. I'd say I have "normal"skin as it doesn't tend to be dry or oily. I would describe my acne as not extremely severe, it can flare up pretty bad & when it's at it's worst, it can sometimes actually hurt *To the point* I'm on this product a few months now. After about a month or so I THOUGHT it was working, but my breakouts are still happening just as bad, it does not prevent them at all!! Now, I've a bad breakout for the past week & a half and it hasn't helped all that much. I use Duac at night time because I find that's what suits me best..I have a strict night time routine..I cleanse, moisturise and then apply my Duac. It flakes so bad!! Will be discontinuing."

justanothergal98 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2017

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've always suffered with acne however following two roaccutane treatments and Epiduo (which was amazing!!) for two years it was well under control....until Epiduo stopped working. After a huge hormonal breakout on my 30th birthday I was at my wits end thinking acne had come back full force. I researched Isotrex gel and had high hopes but it didn't work at all after 11 weeks I realised I needed something else. Less than 8 days ago I went to my GP requesting Duac - since I put this on my face I haven't had a single spot and my skin looks how it used to do. No new spots, no daily whiteheads and no red peeling face! It's completely clear. This is the first time in 4 months that I dare go out the house without makeup! Please give it a try"

amyjow123 November 18, 2017

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "After taking antibiotics for several years I decided that this was no longer a healthy long term option. After stopping antibiotics my acne came back as bad as ever. I decided to start applying Duac gel and have been doing for several months now. After an initial flare up that did eventually die down I have seen absolutely no improvement to my skin. Both cystic and minor pimples still appear regularly to the same degree as they did before. Very disappointed as I'm willing to give all of my non antibiotic options"

Jessstar573 November 12, 2017

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "The first time I used Duac it was very effective, no irritation or symptoms after using it but a bit dry on affected areas. After a while I stopped using it as my skin was fine, when my acne came back I began to use it again after about two weeks. The morning after applying it my skin came out in large red blotches around affected areas, and it burned, was extremely itchy and it was dry. I have tried to using it now again since a month of not using it again and the same has happened, won’t be using this product again."

DearbhlaQ November 9, 2017

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I was prescribed Benzaclin because after going off the pill after about 7 years of use my skin began to break out like crazy. I tried pretty much every home remedy and over the counter acne product I could find with no success. Within 3 days of using this cream twice daily my acne was pretty much all cleared without any new breakouts. Still have to see the long term effectiveness, but overall would highly recommend. The only side effect I have experienced is really dry skin, especially around existing breakouts, but it's nothing a moisturizer can't fix."

kathleeny (taken for less than 1 month) October 30, 2017

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "This is amazing! I would say I have moderate acne, and a lot of redness and acne scars. I have been using this gel for approximately 10 days and my skin is SO clear now! I have had comments from my friends on how clear my skin looks and what products I have been using. I have even been confident enough to go out the house without makeup due to my skin being so clear, which I haven't been able to do in a few years! I would definitely recommend this gel."

Nickname already in use (taken for less than 1 month) October 25, 2017

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Day 3 of duac and all I'm experiencing is dry and flaky skin"

Fraz20 October 23, 2017

"This product is amazing! After 25 years of serious acne, it's now odd for me to have a pimple. Yes, it was a bit rough in the beginning. My skin got worse for a while and was very, VERY dry and cracking. But, I pushed through and now? I use it every other day and it's been life-changing. I spent tens of thousands on creams, facials, and specialized makeup to try to fix my acne and a $7 tube of medication has given me clear skin for the first time since I was a child."

ChellyB (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 15, 2017

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I am 39, got a prescription for this duac once a day cream and am 4 days into it. It is the 1%/5% one but maybe the 1%/3% one would be kinder. In the area I get hit by acne more - my chin area - it is producing more, albeit smaller and painless, pustules even if it has wiped away one really big ugly pustule spot in that area. Though grateful I am now left with very dry itchy flaky skin where that spot was. No matter how much I moisturise. I am telling myself that it is only because my chin area needs more work and the cream brings these to the surface to then kill them eventually?? Other parts of my face I apply it to are not left this way. Ease of use is fine. Oh yes fridge storage is for pharmacists not users. It says so in the leaflet."

Somewhat confused September 30, 2017

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've never written a review of anything before. My face was flawless after high school. Here and there I would break out but nothing major. I am now 25 and started suffering from acne located primarily on my jawline. It was awful! I spent a small fortune on products and nothing worked. I finally went to the doctor and was prescribed benzaclin and it is amazing! I have been on it for three weeks today exactly and my face is so clear. There was a little itching at first if I slathered on too much. Now I only use it as spot treatment and that works great too!"

Lindzeeey September 29, 2017

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Well I'm a bit confused. I started using this 2 weeks ago and the other day I commented to my husband that my skin had really cleared up and I was feeling much better. Yesterday I came up all red and blotchy and itchy and today it looks even worse. Not sure if I've used too much or should have washed it off about an hour later or what but I look absolutely hideous - now plastering my face in E45 and hoping it goes down soon"

Busby01283 September 21, 2017

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have been on benzaclin for approx. 1yr and 4 months now, and in the beginning (first 2-3 months) I was noticing a big improvement and my acne was starting to go away. However, my acne came back even worse a couple months after and the benzaclin was not helping it at all. Currently, I am still using benzaclin in hopes that it will work again for me, but I don't think it will to be honest :("

brennen September 17, 2017

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Be warned. This product is strong chemical and should not be applied all over 'the affected area' that has healthy skin with couple of blocked pores/comedones but ONLY ON SPOTS. I've burned my skin with this product, trying to recover this dry, patchy, red mess has caused new breakouts. I also got 3 new breakouts after first application. After second they got smaller in size (for that it gets better rate than 1). After 3rd I looked like I've been attacked. I've stopped using it and won't continue due to bad reaction. My skin is at all time low and I would have been better off without it."

Hanananananana90 September 16, 2017

"You should definitely try it. It saved my skin the result is visible almost next day! I love it"

Anonymous September 3, 2017

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've had acne since I was 12 years old. I used a lot (and I mean a lot) of acne products, even Accutane and Tactuo, and none of them worked for me. I am now 20 years old and after using Benzaclin, my acne completely disappeared!! My face is really smooth now! The only things left are my scars that I'm working on to remove. :)"

Anonymousxo (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 3, 2017

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "This used to be my holy grail and whilst over two years later it still works, it's definitely not as effective as it was when I started using it. I wouldn't say this is a long term solution however when used with breaks in between it seems to clear my acne up a bit and I can certainly notice the difference. In combination with the pill I find it does the job nicely, however I've found my skin has sort of built up a resistance to it which is shame. The cream is extremely drying so definitely use moisturiser if you do suffer from dry skin and don't put it on at the start of the day and expect it to not linger if you're planning on putting makeup on even six hours later."

liah8 September 3, 2017

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I've had acne since I was about 10 (I'm now 19) and had tried just about every type of drugstore spot treatment. Duac is the first thing to have properly worked! My advice would be to be weary and just gradually building it into your skin routine; it took me weeks to get my skin to be able to cope with it. Before that, my skin would be itchy, red and painful if I applied Duac every night as instructed. However 2 years on I can wear it every night pain-free. Definitely give it a try!"

Tashap August 29, 2017

"This gel was very effective. My face was swollen because of the acne and I had bumps all over my face. Thanks to the gel my face was back to the normal"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 12, 2017

Onexton (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "I have never had a problem with acne until I got into college. I am 20 years old and my acne got so out of control I would never be seen leaving the house without tons of make up covering my blemishes. I tried almost every over the counter acne treatment on the market and didn't notice any difference. Some of them would make a few pimples go away and I would just get them back a couple of days later. I went to the dermotologist and she prescribed me Onexton. This stuff is a miracle! After only using it for one night, I already noticed a significant difference in my face. I've been using it for a week now and my face is almost 100% flawless. It will make ur face dry so make sure to keep moisturizing."

ED1997 August 9, 2017

Duac (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "(Uk) started this cream when my hormonal acne + stress made my skin a bit of a mess.. probably about 2/3 years ago. In the beginning, this stuff is AMAZING! I mean, it cleared my skin to perfection within a few months, however (I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but for me) this isn't a long term solution :( maybe my skin became resistant to it, I'm not sure, but after a few months, it seemed to stop working. I stopped using it for a year or so to try and get rid of the resistance, and started again a few months ago. It was definitely not as effective as the first time. It has a little effect, seems to keep massive breakouts at bay but by no means does it clear my skin or prevent new ones unfortunately."

Emma9215 August 8, 2017

Benzaclin (benzoyl peroxide / clindamycin): "Have been on this and Retin-A for three weeks and I'm amazed at the results. No new pimples at all. Virtually poreless, clear skin and very smooth. It does burn a bit at first but following with CeraVe helps."

FlamingoPink August 8, 2017