Generic Name: cromolyn sodium
Dosage Form: nasal spray, metered
Medically reviewed on July 2, 2018
(Adults and children 2 years and older)
Active ingredient (per spray)
Cromolyn sodium 5.2 mg
Nasal allergy symptom controller
to prevent and relieve nasal symptoms of hay fever and other nasal allergies:
- runny/itchy nose
- allergic stuffy nose
Do not use
- if you are allergic to any of the ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- discolored nasal discharge
- sinus pain
When using this product
- it may take several days of use to notice an effect. Your best effect may not be seen for 1 to 2 weeks.
- brief stinging or sneezing may occur right after use
- do not use it to treat sinus infection, asthma, or cold symptoms
- do not share this bottle with anyone else as this may spread germs
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- shortness of breath, wheezing, or chest tightness occurs
- hives or swelling of the mouth or throat occurs
- your symptoms worsen
- you have new symptoms
- your symptoms do not begin to improve within two weeks
- you need to use for more than 12 weeks
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- see package insert on how to use pump
- parent or care provider must supervise the use of this product by young children
- adults and children 2 years and older:
- spray once into each nostril. Repeat 3-4 times a day (every 4-6 hours). If needed, may be used up to 6 times a day.
- use every day while in contact with the cause of your allergies (pollen, molds, pets, and dust)
- to prevent nasal allergy symptoms, use before contact with the cause of your allergies. For best results, start using up to one week before contact.
- if desired, you can use this product with other medicines, including other allergy medicines.
- Children under 2 years: Do not use unless directed by a doctor.
- store between 20°– 25°C (68°– 77°F)
- protect from light
- keep carton and package insert. They contain important instructions.
benzalkonium chloride, edetate disodium, purified water
call toll-free 1-800-323-0000
Package/Label Principal Display Panel
Cromolyn Sodium Nasal Solution USP
Nasal Allergy Symptom Controller
Prevents and Relieves Nasal Allergy Symptoms:
allergic stuffy nose
Full Prescription Strength
Safe For Ages 2 Years & Older
200 Metered Sprays
Each spray delivers 5.2 mg cromolyn sodium
0.88 FL OZ (26 mL)
cromolyn sodium spray, metered
|Labeler - Bausch & Lomb Incorporated (196603781)|
|Bausch & Lomb Incorporated||807927397||MANUFACTURE|
|Cambrex Profarmaco Milano||338332254||MANUFACTURE|
|Aventis Pharma Manufacturing Pte LTD.||595299306||MANUFACTURE|
More about cromolyn nasal
- Cromolyn nasal Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Drug class: nasal antihistamines and decongestants