Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 27, 2020.
Dosage form: tablet, effervescent
Ingredients: CITRIC ACID MONOHYDRATE 1000mg, POTASSIUM BICARBONATE 344mg, SODIUM BICARBONATE 1050mg
Labeler: Bayer HealthCare LLC.
NDC Code: 0280-4100
Anhydrous citric acid 1000 mg.................................………Antacid
Potassium bicarbonate 344 mg.…..………………….……..Antacid
Sodium bicarbonate (heat-treated) 1050 mg………………Antacid
Uses for the relief of
● heartburn ● acid indigestion ● sour stomach
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
- kidney disease
- a potassium or sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are presently taking a prescription drug. Antacids may interact with certain prescription drugs.
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if you have taken the maximum dose for 2 weeks
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
● fully dissolve tablets in 4 ounces of water before taking
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 tablets every 4 hours as needed, or asdirected by a doctor||do not exceed8 tablets in 24 hours|
|adults 60 years and over||2 tablets every 4 hours as needed, or as directed by a doctor||do not exceed 6 tablets in 24 hours|
|children under 12 years||1 tablet every 4 hours as needed, or as directed by a doctor||do not exceed 4 tablets in 24 hours|
● each tablet contains: potassium 135 mg
● each tablet contains: sodium 309 mg
● store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat.
● this product does not contain aspirin
● Alka-Seltzer Gold in water contains principally the
antacids sodium citrate and potassium citrate
Inactive ingredients magnesium stearate, mannitol
Questions or comments?1-800-986-0369 (Mon – Fri 9AM – 5PM EST)
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
· hives · facial swelling · asthma (wheezing) · shock
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is
higher if you
● are age 60 or older
● have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
● take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
● take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription
NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
● have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this
● take more or for a longer time than directed
alka-seltzer gold tablet, effervescent
|Labeler - Bayer HealthCare LLC. (112117283)|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.