Robitussin Maximum Strength Cough Plus Chest Congestion DM
Dosage form: capsule, liquid filled
Ingredients: DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg, GUAIFENESIN 200mg
Labeler: Richmond Division of Wyeth
NDC Code: 0031-8719
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
|Active ingredients (in each liquid-filled capsule)||Purposes|
|Dextromethorphan HBr, USP 10 mg||Cough suppressant|
|Guaifenesin, USP 200 mg||Expectorant|
- temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- do not take more than 12 capsules in any 24-hour period
- this adult product is not intended for use in children under 12 years of age
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 capsules every 4 hours|
|children under 12 years||do not use|
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F).
- avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F).
FD&C Red No. 40, gelatin, glycerin, light mineral oil, pharmaceutical ink, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol sorbitan solution
call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-762-4675
Made in Canada
For most recent product information, visit www.robitussin.com
Distributed by: Pfizer, Madison, NJ 07940 USA
|ROBITUSSIN MAXIMUM STRENGTH COUGH PLUS CHEST CONGESTION DM
dextromethorphan hydrobromide and guaifenesin capsule, liquid filled
|Labeler - Richmond Division of Wyeth (829390835)|
Medically reviewed on Apr 20, 2018
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.