Ultra Tuss Safe
Medically reviewed on June 19, 2018
Dosage form: syrup
Ingredients: GUAIFENESIN 100mg in 5mL, DEXTROMETHORPHAN HYDROBROMIDE 10mg in 5mL
Labeler: Ultra Seal Corporation
NDC Code: 42213-162
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
ctive Ingredients (In 5 ml) Guaifenesin 100 mg Dextromethorphann HBr 10 mg …
Purpose: Expectorant, Antitussive (Anti Cough)
• helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passages of bothersome mucus,drain bronchial tubes, and make coughs more productive.
• restores free breathing
• suppresses cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation associated with a cold or inhaled irritants
• A persistent cough may be a sign of a serious condition. If cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache, consult a doctor.
• Use more than the recommended dose.
• Give this product to a child who has heart disease, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, or diabetes unless directed by a doctor.
• Do not take this product, unless directed by a doctor, if you have a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis, or if you have glaucoma or difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland.
• if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase
inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or
emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks
after stopping MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription
drug contains an MAOI, consult a doctor or pharmacist before
taking this product
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
• symptoms do not improve
• new symptoms occur
• redness or swelling is present
• nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur
• symptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by
• cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash, or persistent headache.
Ask a doctor before use if you have:
• heart disease
• high blood pressure
• thyroid disease
• difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
• persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema or where cough is accompanied by excessive phlegm (mucus)
Keep out of reach of children
Adults and children 12 years of age and older
• Take 2 teaspoons (10 ml) every 4 hours as needed, do not exceed 12
teaspoons in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor.
• Children 6-12 years, Take 1 teaspoon ( 5 ml) every 4 hours as needed, do not exceed 6 teaspoons in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor.
• Children 2-6 years, Take 1/2 teaspoon ( 2.5 ml) every 4 hours as needed, do not exceed 3 teaspoons in 24 hours, or as directed by a doctor.
• Children under 2 years, consult a physician
Inactive Ingredients: Citric Acid, Flavor, Glycerin, Methyl Paraben, Potassium Sorbate, Propyl Paraben, Propylene Glycol, Purified water, Sodium Citrate, Sucralose
|ULTRA TUSS SAFE
guaifenesin dextromethorphan hbr syrup
|Labeler - Ultra Seal Corporation (085752004)|
|Registrant - Ultra Seal Corporation (085752004)|
|ULTRAtab Laboratories, Inc.||151051757||manufacture|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.
More about dextromethorphan/guaifenesin
- Dextromethorphan/guaifenesin Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 15 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: upper respiratory combinations
- Dextromethorphan and guaifenesin
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Capsules and Tablets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Extended-Release Tablets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Granule Packets
- Guaifenesin and Dextromethorphan Liquid