Dosage form: gel
Ingredients: MENTHOL 0.16g in 1g, CAMPHOR (SYNTHETIC) 0.031g in 1g, METHYL SALICYLATE 0.1g in 1g
Labeler: Chattem, Inc.
NDC Code: 41167-1603
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Methyl salicylate 10%
temporarily relieves minor pain associated with:
- simple backache
- muscle strains
- muscle sprains
For external use only
you are allergic to salicylates (including aspirin) unless directed by a doctor.
- use only as directed. Read and follow all directions and warnings on this carton.
- rare cases of serious burns have been reported with products of this type
- do not bandage tightly or apply local heat (such as heating pads) to the area of use
- avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes
- do not apply to wounds or damaged, broken or irritated skin
- do not use at the same time as other topical analgesics
- condition worsens
- redness is present
- irritation develops
- symptoms persist for more than 7 days or clear up and occur again within a few days
- you experience signs of skin injury, such as pain, swelling, or blistering where the product was applied
ask a health professional before use.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
adults and children over 12 years:
- apply generously to affected area
- massage into painful area until thoroughly absorbed into skin
- repeat as necessary, but no more than 4 times daily
children 12 years or younger: ask a doctor
allantoin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, carbomer, diisopropyl adipate, eucalyptus globulus leaf oil, glycerin, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, SD alcohol 40 (15% w/w), steareth-2, steareth-21, thymus vulgaris (thyme) oil, tocopheryl acetate, triethanolamine, water (309-155)
menthol and camphor and methyl salicylate gel
|Labeler - Chattem, Inc. (003336013)|
Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. Drug information contained herein may be time sensitive. This information has been compiled for use by healthcare practitioners and consumers in the United States. The absence of a warning for a given drug or combination thereof in no way should be construed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective or appropriate for any given patient. If you have questions about the substances you are taking, check with your doctor, nurse or pharmacist.