Imodium A-D by Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
Dosage form: solution
Ingredients: Loperamide Hydrochloride 1mg in 7.5mL
Labeler: Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division
NDC Code: 50580-134
Loperamide HCl 1 mg
controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers' Diarrhea
Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl
Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death
Do not use if you have bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- mucus in the stool
- a history of liver disease
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking antibiotics
When using this product tiredness, drowsiness or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms get worse
- diarrhea lasts for more than 2 days
- you get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- find right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise use age.
- shake well before using
- use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- mL = milliliter
|adults and children 12 years and over||30 mL after the first loose stool; 15 mL after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 60 mL in 24 hours|
|children 9-11 years (60-95 lbs)||15 mL after first loose stool; 7.5 mL after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 45 mL in 24 hours|
|children 6-8 years (48-59 lbs)||15 mL after first loose stool; 7.5 mL after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 30 mL in 24 hours|
|children 2-5 years (34 to 47 lbs)||ask a doctor|
|children under 2 years (up to 33 lbs)||do not use|
- each 30 mL contains: sodium 16 mg
- store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- do not use if printed inner or outer neckband is broken or missing.
anhydrous citric acid, caramel color, D&C yellow no. 10, FD&C blue no. 1, flavor, glycerin, microcrystalline cellulose and carboxymethylcellulose sodium, propylene glycol, purified water, simethicone emulsion, sodium benzoate, sucralose, titanium dioxide, xanthan gum
call 1-877-895-3665 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)
loperamide hydrochloride solution
|Labeler - Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division (878046358)|
More about Imodium A-D (loperamide)
- Imodium A-D Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 12 Reviews
- Drug class: antidiarrheals
- FDA Alerts (2)