Pinworm Infection (Enterobius vermicularis) - how long does albenza take to work?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 15, 2019.
Because the intestines, where the worms live, are quite long it may take up to 3 days before you start to feel relief after taking Albenza.
Pinworm infection is caused by Enterobius vermicularis, a tiny white worm that lives in the intestines. The females lay eggs around the outside of the rectum and an itchy anus or genitals is the main sign of infection.
Treatment of pinworm with Albenza is usually 2 tablets (400mg) as a single dose and repeated in 2 weeks.
You may find more useful information here. https://www.drugs.com/dosage/albenza.html https://www.drugs.com/cg/pinworm-infection.html
Related Medical Questions
- What are Zentel 400mg used for?
- Albendazole - how long does it take to work and kill all the pinworms?
- What's the difference between Bacteria and Viruses?
- Can you drink alcohol with amoxicillin?
- Fluconazole - How long does it take to work?
- If I am allergic to penicillin, is it safe to use amoxicillin?
- How many times a day should a male adult take amoxicillin 500mg for an ear infection?
- Albenza Information for Consumers
- Albenza Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Albenza (detailed)