Pinworm Infection (Enterobius vermicularis) - how long does albenza take to work?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on April 5, 2022.
Because the intestines, where the worms live, are quite long it may take up to 3 days before you start to feel relief after taking Albenza.
Pinworm infection is caused by Enterobius vermicularis, a tiny white worm that lives in the intestines. The females lay eggs around the outside of the rectum and an itchy anus or genitals is the main sign of infection.
Treatment of pinworm with Albenza is usually 2 tablets (400mg) as a single dose and repeated in 2 weeks.
You may find more useful information here. https://www.drugs.com/dosage/albenza.html https://www.drugs.com/cg/pinworm-infection.html
Related medical questions
- What are Zentel 400mg used for?
- Albendazole: How long does it take to kill all the pinworms?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat a sinus infection?
- Should you take probiotics with antibiotics?
- Can you have a vaginal yeast infection if you have no uterus?
- Can antibiotics cause yeast infections?
- What are the common side effects of antibiotics?
- Can you drink alcohol with amoxicillin?
- What's the difference between Bacteria and Viruses?
- Does azithromycin cure chlamydia: How much / how long?
- Monistat-1: white discharge and burning, is this normal?
- Albenza Information for Consumers
- Albenza Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Albenza (detailed)
Related support groups
- Albenza (3 questions, 22 members)
- Infections (575 questions, 967 members)
- Pinworm Infection (Enterobius vermicularis) (3 questions, 29 members)