How many 600 mg ibuprofen are safe in a 24 hour period?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Nov 6, 2018.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
For a healthy adult, without any other medical issues, the maximum dose of ibuprofen is 3200mg orally in 24 hours.
For more information on ibuprofen see:
Related Medical Questions
- Why is diclofenac only available on prescription but ibuprofen can be bought over the counter?
- Does ibuprofen cause blood in your urine?
- What's the best sore throat medicine to use?
- Is ibuprofen (Advil) a blood thinner?
- Is it safe to take two 800 milligram ibuprofen with Tylenol Extra Strength?
- Acetaminophen vs ibuprofen: What is the difference?
- Can you take ibuprofen while pregnant?
- Ibuprofen Information for Consumers
- Ibuprofen Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ibuprofen (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Ibuprofen (296 questions, 206 members)