How long should you take Casodex for?
Casodex (bicalutamide) is a medicine that you take long term. In a clinical trial the median follow up time was 160 weeks (approximately 3 years). The length of time you may be on Casodex will be depend on:
- cancer stage
- other cancer therapies you are using
- how well you are responding to Casodex
- amount and severity of side effects.
Everyone’s individual clinical picture will be different and so the length of time you are Casodex will be determined by your healthcare professional.
Casodex should be taken in combination with luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) agonist, which is another type of hormone therapy.
- Casodex Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/pro/casodex.html
Related Medical Questions
- What happens when you stop taking Casodex?
- How effective is Casodex for prostate cancer?
- Is Casodex a form of Chemotherapy?
- What type of prostate cancer is Erleada used to treat?
- What type of cancer is Rubraca used to treat?
- Casodex Information for Consumers
- Casodex Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Casodex (detailed)