How long should you take Casodex (biclutamide) for?
Medically reviewed by Melisa Puckey, BPharm. Last updated on Dec 3, 2020.
How long should you take Casodex for?
Casodex (bicalutamide) is a medicine that you take long term. In a clinical trial the median follow up time was 160 weeks (approximately 3 years). The length of time you may be on Casodex will be depend on:
- cancer stage
- other cancer therapies you are using
- how well you are responding to Casodex
- amount and severity of side effects.
Everyone’s individual clinical picture will be different and so the length of time you are Casodex will be determined by your healthcare professional.
Casodex should be taken in combination with luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) agonist, which is another type of hormone therapy.
- Casodex Medication Information: https://www.drugs.com/pro/casodex.html
Related Medical Questions
- How effective is Casodex (bicalutamide) for prostate cancer?
- What happens when you stop taking Casodex (bicalutamide)?
- Is Casodex (bicalutamide) a form of Chemotherapy?
- How long should you take Lupron for prostate cancer?
- Why has Xtandi (enzalutamide) stopped working and what do I take next?
- Why is prednisone prescribed with Zytiga?
- How long does Xtandi (enzalutamide) work?