Can I give Amoxil 500mg to my 10-year old child?
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com Last updated on Apr 18, 2019.
Official Answerby Drugs.com
If the doctor has prescribed that dose of Amoxil for your child then it can be taken.
If it wasn't prescribed to your child then it is not safe to administer the medicine.
For children weighing more than 40 kilograms (kg) (88 pounds), appropriate dose is 250 to 500 milligrams (mg) every eight hours or 500 to 875 mg every twelve hours, depending on the type and severity of the infection.
Related Medical Questions
- Can penicillin treat chlamydia?
- Can I drink alcohol while taking amoxicillin?
- What is the normal daily dose of 500mg amoxicillin capsules for chest infections?
- Can amoxicillin be used to treat a bacterial vaginitis infection?
- What is the recommended dosage of amoxicillin for a 14 year old child?
- How often should I take amoxicillin for a sinus infection?
- How many times a day should a male adult take amoxicillin 500mg for an ear infection?
- Amoxil Information for Consumers
- Amoxil Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amoxil (detailed)
Related Support Groups
- Amoxil (13 questions, 19 members)