Carisoprodol Compound (aspirin / carisoprodol) and Alcohol/Food Interactions
There is 1 alcohol/food/lifestyle interaction with Carisoprodol Compound (aspirin / carisoprodol):
Moderate Food Interaction
Consumer information for this interaction is not currently available.
GENERALLY AVOID: Alcohol may potentiate some of the pharmacologic effects of CNS-active agents. Use in combination may result in additive central nervous system depression and/or impairment of judgment, thinking, and psychomotor skills.
MANAGEMENT: Patients receiving CNS-active agents should be warned of this interaction and advised to avoid or limit consumption of alcohol. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere with their normal activities.
- Gilman AG, Rall TW, Nies AS, Taylor P, eds. "Goodman and Gilman's the Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics. 8th ed." New York, NY: Pergamon Press Inc. (1990):
- "Product Information. Fycompa (perampanel)." Eisai Inc, Teaneck, NJ.
- Warrington SJ, Ankier SI, Turner P "Evaluation of possible interactions between ethanol and trazodone or amitriptyline." Neuropsychobiology 15 (1986): 31-7
- "Product Information. Rexulti (brexpiprazole)." Otsuka American Pharmaceuticals Inc, Rockville, MD.
Carisoprodol Compound (aspirin / carisoprodol) drug interactions
There are 595 drug interactions with Carisoprodol Compound (aspirin / carisoprodol)
Carisoprodol Compound (aspirin / carisoprodol) disease interactions
There are 12 disease interactions with Carisoprodol Compound (aspirin / carisoprodol) which include:
- GI toxicity
- renal dysfunction
- Reye's syndrome
- drug dependence
- renal/liver disease
- G-6-PD deficiency
More about Carisoprodol Compound (aspirin / carisoprodol)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- 3 Reviews
- Drug class: skeletal muscle relaxant combinations
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|No interaction information available.|