Drug interactions between clonidine and losartan
Interactions between your drugs
- Clonidine is in the drug class antiadrenergic agents, centrally acting.
- Clonidine is used to treat the following conditions:
- Alcohol Withdrawal
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Benzodiazepine Withdrawal
- Bipolar Disorder
- High Blood Pressure
- Hypertensive Emergency
- Insomnia, Stimulant-Associated
- Migraine Prevention
- Opiate Withdrawal
- Perimenopausal Symptoms
- Pheochromocytoma Diagnosis
- Postanesthetic Shivering
- Postherpetic Neuralgia
- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Smoking Cessation
- Tardive Dyskinesia
- Tourette's Syndrome
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Losartan is a member of the drug class angiotensin receptor blockers.
- Losartan is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: losartan
If you are taking losartan you should avoid potassium-containing salt substitutes or over-the-counter potassium supplements without first talking to your doctor. This can cause high levels of potassium in your blood. High levels of potassium can cause weakness, irregular heartbeat, confusion, tingling of the extremities, or feelings of heaviness in the legs. Call your doctor at once if you have any of these symptoms. In some patients grapefruits and grapefruit juice may decrease the efficacy of losartan. Grapefruits and grapefruit juice should be avoided if an interaction is suspected. Orange juice is not expected to interact.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.