ROBITUSSIN SINUS & CONGESTION Caplets (Wyeth)
Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Nasal Decongestant, Expectorant
Active Ingredients: (in each caplet)
Acetaminophen, USP 325 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 200 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCl, USP 30 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms associated with a cold, or flu:
- headache • sore throat • fever
- muscular aches • minor aches and pains
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion occurring with a cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
Alcohol warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take acetaminophen or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Acetaminophen may cause liver damage.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other product containing acetaminophen as this may lead to an overdose. Overdose requires prompt medical attention even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease • high blood pressure
- thyroid disease • diabetes
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
When using this product do not use more than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- new symptoms occur
- you need to use for more than 7 days (adults) or 5 days (children)
- symptoms do not get better, get worse, or are accompanied by fever more than 3 days • redness or swelling is present
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding , ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children, even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- repeat dose every 4 hrs, as needed
- do not use more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
- do not exceed recommended dosage. Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause serious liver damage.
- adults and children 12 yrs and over: 2 caplets
- children 6 to under 12 yrs: 1 caplet
- children under 6 yrs: ask a doctor
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Inactive ingredients: calcium stearate, croscarmellose sodium, FD&C blue no. 2 aluminum lake, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, pregelatinized starch, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, titanium dioxide, triacetin
Packages of 24
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.