ROBITUSSIN SINUS & CONGESTION Caplets (Wyeth)
Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer, Nasal Decongestant, Expectorant
Active Ingredients: (in each caplet)
Acetaminophen, USP 325 mg
Guaifenesin, USP 200 mg
Pseudoephedrine HCl, USP 30 mg
- temporarily relieves these symptoms associated with a cold, or flu:
- headache • sore throat • fever
- muscular aches • minor aches and pains
- temporarily relieves nasal congestion occurring with a cold
- helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive
Alcohol warning: If you consume 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day, ask your doctor whether you should take acetaminophen or other pain relievers/fever reducers. Acetaminophen may cause liver damage.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- with any other product containing acetaminophen as this may lead to an overdose. Overdose requires prompt medical attention even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease • high blood pressure
- thyroid disease • diabetes
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
When using this product do not use more than directed
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless
- new symptoms occur
- you need to use for more than 7 days (adults) or 5 days (children)
- symptoms do not get better, get worse, or are accompanied by fever more than 3 days • redness or swelling is present
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding , ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children, even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- repeat dose every 4 hrs, as needed
- do not use more than 4 doses in any 24-hour period
- do not exceed recommended dosage. Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause serious liver damage.
- adults and children 12 yrs and over: 2 caplets
- children 6 to under 12 yrs: 1 caplet
- children under 6 yrs: ask a doctor
- store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Inactive ingredients: calcium stearate, croscarmellose sodium, FD&C blue no. 2 aluminum lake, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, pregelatinized starch, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, titanium dioxide, triacetin
Packages of 24