Visine-A is an antihistamine/redness reliever eye drop, formerly available by prescription only, that provides temporary relief of itchy, red eyes due to pollen, ragweed, grass, animal hair and dander.
Active ingredients Purpose
hydrochloride 0.025%...............................................Redness reliever
Pheniramine maleate 0.3%................................................Antihistamine
Uses temporarily relieves itchy, red eyes due to:
· pollen · ragweed · grass · animal hair and dander
Do not use
- if you are sensitive to any ingredient in this product
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- narrow angle glaucoma
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
When using this product
- pupils may become enlarged temporarily
- do not touch tip of container to any surface to avoid contamination
- replace cap after each use
- remove contact lenses before using
- do not use if this solution changes color or becomes cloudy
- overuse may cause more eye redness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you feel eye pain
- changes in vision occur
- redness or irritation of the eye lasts
- condition worsens or lasts more than 72 hours
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Accidental swallowing by infants and children may lead to coma and marked reduction in body temperature.
- adults and children 6 years of age and over: put 1 or 2 drops in the affected eye(s) up to 4 times a day
- children under 6 years of age: consult a doctor
- some users may experience a brief tingling sensation
- store between 15° and 25°C (59° and 77°F)
Inactive ingredients boric acid and sodium borate buffer system preserved with benzalkonium chloride (0.01%) and edetate disodium (0.1%), sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid (to adjust pH), and purified water.
PRODUCT PHOTO(S):NOTE: These photos can be used only for identification by shape, color, and imprint. They do not depict actual or relative size.
The product samples shown here have been supplied by the manufacturer. While every effort has been made to assure accurate reproduction, please remember that any visual identification should be considered preliminary. In cases of poisoning or suspected overdosage, the drug's identity should be verified by chemical analysis.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.