Generic name: ASPIRIN 81mg, OMEPRAZOLE 40mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Medically reviewed on October 10, 2017.
2.1 Recommended Dosage
- Take one tablet daily.
- YOSPRALA is available in combinations that contain 81 mg or 325 mg of aspirin. Generally 81 mg of aspirin has been accepted as an effective dose for secondary cardiovascular prevention. Providers should consider the need for 325 mg and refer to current clinical practice guidelines.
2.2 Administration Instructions
- Take YOSPRALA once daily at least 60 minutes before a meal.
- The tablets are to be swallowed whole with liquid. Do not split, chew, crush or dissolve the tablet.
- Use the lowest effective dose of YOSPRALA based on the individual patient’s treatment goals and to avoid potential dose dependent adverse reactions including bleeding.
- If a dose of YOSPRALA is missed, advise patients to take it as soon as it is remembered. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Take the next dose at the regular time. Patients should not take 2 doses at the same time unless advised by their doctor.
- Do not stop taking YOSPRALA suddenly as this could increase the risk of heart attack or stroke.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Yosprala (aspirin / omeprazole)
- Yosprala Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: platelet aggregation inhibitors