Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 28, 2020.
Generic name: VANCOMYCIN HYDROCHLORIDE 125mg
Dosage form: capsule
VANCOCIN capsules are used in treating C. difficile-associated diarrhea and staphylococcal enterocolitis.
- C. difficile-associated diarrhea: The recommended dose is 125 mg administered orally 4 times daily for 10 days.
- Staphylococcal enterocolitis: Total daily dosage is 500 mg to 2 g administered orally in 3 or 4 divided doses for 7 to 10 days.
Frequently asked questions
- Can you drink alcohol while taking vancomycin?
- What is the difference between Firvanq and the CutisPharma FIRST-Vancomycin Compounding Kit?
More about Vancocin (vancomycin)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- 2 Reviews
- Drug class: glycopeptide antibiotics
- Latest FDA Alerts (4)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.