Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 4, 2022.
VANCOCIN capsules are used in treating C. difficile-associated diarrhea and staphylococcal enterocolitis.
- C. difficile-associated diarrhea: The recommended dose is 125 mg administered orally 4 times daily for 10 days.
- Staphylococcal enterocolitis: Total daily dosage is 500 mg to 2 g administered orally in 3 or 4 divided doses for 7 to 10 days.
Frequently asked questions
- Can you drink alcohol while taking vancomycin?
- What is the difference between Firvanq and the CutisPharma FIRST-Vancomycin Compounding Kit?
More about Vancocin (vancomycin)
- Check interactions
- Reviews (2)
- Drug images
- Latest FDA alerts (6)
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: glycopeptide antibiotics
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.