Generic name: ERTUGLIFLOZIN PIDOLATE 5mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 30, 2020.
- The recommended starting dose of STEGLATRO is 5 mg once daily, taken in the morning, with or without food. In patients tolerating STEGLATRO 5 mg once daily, the dose may be increased to a maximum recommended dose of 15 mg once daily if additional glycemic control is needed.
- In patients with volume depletion, correct this condition prior to initiation of STEGLATRO [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1)].
Patients with Renal Impairment
- Assess renal function prior to initiation of STEGLATRO and periodically thereafter [see Warnings and Precautions (5.3)].
- Use of STEGLATRO is contraindicated in patients with an eGFR less than 30 mL/minute/1.73 m2 [see Contraindications (4)].
- Initiation of STEGLATRO is not recommended in patients with an eGFR of 30 mL/minute/1.73 m2 to less than 60 mL/minute/1.73 m2 [see Warnings and Precautions (5.3) and Use in Specific Populations (8.6)].
- Continued use of STEGLATRO is not recommended when eGFR is persistently between 30 and less than 60 mL/minute/1.73 m2.
No dose adjustment is needed in patients with mild renal impairment.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
Frequently Asked Questions
More about Steglatro (ertugliflozin)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 7 Reviews
- Drug class: SGLT-2 inhibitors
- FDA Alerts (1)
- FDA Approval History