Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 23, 2021.
General Dosing Information
One ORACEA Capsule (40 mg) should be taken once daily in the morning on an empty stomach, preferably at least one hour prior to or two hours after meals.
Administration of adequate amounts of fluid along with the capsules is recommended to wash down the capsule to reduce the risk of esophageal irritation and ulceration [see Adverse Reactions (6)].
Frequently asked questions
- How long after stopping doxycycline can I drink alcohol?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat a sinus infection?
- What are the best antibiotics for pneumonia?
- What is doxycycline hyclate used for?
- How long does doxycycline stay in your body after you finish your prescribed amount?
- Can I take doxycycline hyclate for strep throat?
- Can I take doxycycline if I am allergic to penicillin?
- Can taking doxycycline for acne worsen my skin?
- Can you smoke cigarettes or marijuana while on doxycycline hyclate 100mg?
- Is doxycycline hydrochloride 100mg a sulfa based drug?
- Will it be harmful to take doxycycline with iron supplements?
- Does doxycycline cause kidney pain?
More about Oracea (doxycycline)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (47)
- Drug images
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: miscellaneous antimalarials
- FDA approval history
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.