Generic name: DOXYCYCLINE 40mg
Dosage form: capsule, delayed release
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 22, 2019.
General Dosing Information
One ORACEA Capsule (40 mg) should be taken once daily in the morning on an empty stomach, preferably at least one hour prior to or two hours after meals.
Administration of adequate amounts of fluid along with the capsules is recommended to wash down the capsule to reduce the risk of esophageal irritation and ulceration [see Adverse Reactions (6)].
- How long does doxycycline stay in your body after you finish your prescribed amount?
- Can I take doxycycline if I am allergic to penicillin?
- What is doxycycline hyclate used for?
- Is doxycycline hydrochloride 100mg a sulfa based drug?
- Can you smoke cigarettes or marijuana while on doxycycline hyclate 100mg?
- Can I take doxycycline hyclate for strep throat?
- Will it be harmful to take doxycycline with iron supplements?
- Can taking doxycycline for acne worsen my skin?
- What is the best antibiotic to treat a sinus infection?
- What antibiotics are used to treat pneumonia?
- How long after stopping doxycycline can I drink alcohol?
More about Oracea (doxycycline)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 44 Reviews
- Drug class: miscellaneous antimalarials
- FDA Approval History