Larin 24 Fe Dosage
Generic name: NORETHINDRONE ACETATE 1mg, ETHINYL ESTRADIOL 0.02mg;
Dosage form: tablets
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
How to Start LARIN 24 Fe
LARIN 24 Fe is dispensed in a blister card [see How Supplied/Storage and Handling (16)]. LARIN 24 FE may be started using either a Day 1 start or a Sunday start (see Table 1). For the first cycle of a Sunday Start regimen, an additional method of contraception must be used until after the first 7 consecutive days of administration.
How to Take LARIN 24 Fe
● After a first-trimester abortion or miscarriage, LARIN 24 Fe may be started immediately. An additional method of contraception is not needed if LARIN 24 Fe is started immediately.
● If LARIN 24 Fe is not started within 5 days after termination of the pregnancy, the patient must use additional non-hormonal contraception (such as condoms and spermicide) for the first 7 days of her first 28-day course of LARIN 24 Fe.
● Do not start until 4 weeks after a second-trimester abortion or miscarriage, due to the increased risk of thromboembolic disease. Start LARIN 24 Fe following the instructions in Table 1 for Sunday start. Use additional non-hormonal contraception (such as condoms and spermicide) for the first 7 days of the patient's first 28-day course of LARIN 24 Fe [see Contraindications (4), Warnings and Precautions (5.1), and FDA-approved Patient Labeling].
Starting LARIN 24 Fe after Childbirth
● Do not start until 4 weeks after delivery, due to the increased risk of thromboembolic disease. Start contraceptive therapy with LARIN 24 Fe following the instructions in Table 1 for women not currently using hormonal contraception.
● If the woman has not yet had a period postpartum, consider the possibility of ovulation and conception occurring prior to use of LARIN 24 Fe [see Contraindications (4), Warnings and Precautions (5.1), Use in Specific Populations (8.1 and 8.3)].
Advice in Case of Gastrointestinal Disturbances
In case of severe vomiting or diarrhea, absorption may not be complete and additional contraceptive measures must be taken. If vomiting or diarrhea occurs within 3-4 hours after taking a pale yellow tablet, handle this as a missed tablet [see FDA-Approved Patient Labeling].
More about Larin 24 Fe (ethinyl estradiol / norethindrone)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- 1 Review – Add your own review/rating
- Drug class: contraceptives