Generic name: CLOBETASOL PROPIONATE 0.15mg in 1g
Dosage form: lotion
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 15, 2020.
IMPEKLO lotion is for topical use only, and not for ophthalmic, oral or intravaginal use.
Avoid use of IMPEKLO lotion on the face, axillae, or groin and avoid use if there is atrophy at the treatment site.
IMPEKLO lotion should be applied to the affected skin areas twice daily and rubbed in gently and completely. Avoid contact with eyes. Wash hands after each application.
The total dosage should not exceed 50 g per week because of the potential for the drug to suppress the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis. Do not use more than 10 pump actuations per application twice daily or 20 pump actuations per day for more than 7 days.
IMPEKLO lotion contains a topical corticosteroid; therefore treatment should be limited to 2 consecutive weeks for the relief of the inflammatory and pruritic manifestations of corticosteroid-responsive dermatoses and up to 2 additional weeks in localized lesions (less than 10% body surface area) of moderate to severe plaque psoriasis that have not sufficiently improved after the initial 2 weeks of treatment. Discontinue use when control is achieved.
Unless directed by physician, IMPEKLO lotion should not be used with occlusive dressings.
Frequently asked questions
- How effective is clobetasol for hair growth?
- How long does it take for clobetasol propionate to work?
- How do you apply clobetasol propionate for lichen sclerosus (lichen sclerosis)?
- What is clobetasol propionate cream used for?
- Halobetasol vs. clobetasol - how do they compare?
- Does clobetasol propionate topical solution help hair grow back?
- Can you use clobetasol on your face?
- How do you use clobetasol propionate on your scalp?
- Does Clodan shampoo work for hair loss?
- Does Clobex help hair growth?
- How long should you use clobetasol propionate cream for?
- How often can I use Clobex?
- What's difference between Olux and Olux-E?
- Does Olux foam cause hair loss?
- Clobex Spray, Lotion & Shampoo - Which one do I use?
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Impeklo (clobetasol topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- Drug class: topical steroids