Finacea Foam Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 8, 2020.
Generic name: AZELAIC ACID .15g in 1g
Dosage form: aerosol, foam
- Shake well before use.
- Cleanse affected area(s) using only very mild soaps or soapless cleansing lotion and pat dry with a soft towel before application of FINACEA Foam.
- Apply FINACEA Foam twice daily (morning and evening) to the entire facial area (cheeks, chin, forehead, and nose). For a single application, dispense the smallest amount of foam necessary to adequately cover the affected area(s) with a thin layer.
- Use FINACEA Foam continuously over 12 weeks.
- Wash hands immediately following application of FINACEA Foam.
- Cosmetics may be applied after the application of FINACEA Foam has dried.
- Reassess the diagnosis if no improvement is observed upon completing 12 weeks of therapy.
- Avoid the use of occlusive dressings or wrappings.
- Instruct patients to avoid use of alcoholic cleansers, tinctures and astringents, abrasives and peeling agents.
- For topical use.
- Not for oral, ophthalmic or intravaginal use.
Frequently asked questions
- Can Finacea help with wrinkles or acne or aging?
- How long does it take for Finacea to work?
- How much does Finacea cost without insurance?
- How do you use Finacea foam?
More about Finacea (azelaic acid topical)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Reviews (60)
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Generic availability
- Drug class: topical acne agents
- Drug Information
- Finacea Plus
- Finacea Plus Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Finacea Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Finacea (Azelaic Acid Foam)
- Finacea (Azelaic Acid Gel)
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.