User Reviews for Finacea to treat Rosacea

Finacea Rating Summary

7.9/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 88 medications used in the treatment of Rosacea.

Reviews for Finacea

Huda May 1, 2019

"I am currently using finacea gel I have mild rosacea my Dr recommend me use it thrice a week I feel like its getting worst though its been a week only should I wait more to see the effect ?"

Redfaced chic April 23, 2019

"I started using this a fortnight ago and I am very impressed! My rosacea was triggered by the birth of my first child, I used metrogel with good results for approximately 4 years. After my 2nd child metrogel was no longer effective. I have struggled for 4 years, resorting to tetralysal when things got really bad. In between my skin was red, with constant small pustules that take over my cheeks and nose. Make-up was difficult as the skin texture was rough and it would slide off and look scaly and patchy. The doctor suggested I try Finacea have used this it 2 weeks and for the 1st time in years my skin is spot free! The texture of my skin has completely changed and is now smooth and soft. I still have some redness, but it’s mostly from previous spots and is like scaring which is starting to fade. Make-up sits on my skin much better now and wear off more naturally, and I don’t have to wear so much!! I also feel like it’s reduced some of my fine lines!! Amazing!"

Nanyc · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2019

"Finacea is the only medication that has helped my rosacea. I was starting to get into phase 2 with pimples. I was constantly asked by strangers if I was having an allergic reaction. I started using this in combination with the La Roche Posay Toleriane cleanser and their double repair moisturizer with SPF 30 during the day and Rosaliac at night. Within a week my face completely changed. I could not be happier. All products are safe during pregnancy too."

ducks · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 20, 2019

"Finacea works really well for me in controlling rosacea, much much better than Metrogel. However I am just trying it out as a foam and that is a terrible experience. It is very difficult to control the amount that comes out and then you cannot spread it evenly on your face. It gets everywhere, including eyes. I would really recommend that you stick to the gel."

Sweetcaroline27 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 14, 2019

"I am writing this as an update from my original post a few months ago when I first started using finacea after buying it online from an Australian pharmacy. Unfortunately I discovered finacea was not for me it actually made my skin so much worse. I’d have to mentally prepare myself every time I put it on because it burned so bad I couldn’t even stand it and my face was horribly red dry flaky and tight all the time. If anything it made my rosacea worse. I finally broke down and went to my dermatologist and he prescribed me antibiotics, soolantra, and rhofade (which I know a lot of people hate) but for me I have had much better results with this regimen. Redness is still there but the rhofade doesn’t burn and definitely reduces the redness and feels very soft and soothing on my skin, no more dryness and flakiness. Finacea just didn’t work for me."

Dolly December 30, 2018

"I struggled with rosacea since age 13. Back then there were few options for those of us and my physician prescribed tetracycline. But it never adequately kept my eruptions under control. I suffered for years with large red pustules and it affected my life. I went on acctuane per my dermatologist, who was supposed to be top in his field. It went away completely but six months later it reappeared. My dermatologist said “I think you have rosacea.” What an idiot. So he prescribes metrogel. It barely worked. Meanwhile ten years later my GP prescribed finacea gel 15 percent. It was getting under control."

Sweetcaroline27 · Taken for less than 1 month December 3, 2018

"I just started using the gel today so I cannot comment on its effectiveness yet for clearing up my mild rosacea, it does burn my face quite a bit but I’m sure if I push through that for a week or so it won’t be as bad. I am writing this comment, however, because I see a lot of comments from people that are unhappy about the price of this medication and issues with prescriptions. I agree that the prices are outrageous here in the US. I never went to a dr for a prescription to get the gel, I simply googled “buy finacea” and very easily purchased it from an Australian website called pharmacy online and it was only $33 total with shipping. I hope this helps anyone who cannot afford it or had trouble getting it through their doctor! Will update later on how it has effected my rosacea."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 5, 2018

"I discovered finacea in Australia on vacation. There the gel is available over the counter for $30. Coming back to the US and seeing the $300 price tag, I started researching Canada online drugs. Cost $36."

ericah · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2018

"I really like how this product performs! I received a sample from my doctor, my blemishes are clearing up and the redness is gone! However, it is not covered by my insurance. A months supply would be $304.00! Even with a discount card the cost was over $200.00. I cannot justify spending that much money on blemishes each month. :/ The patent is due to expire in Nov 2018...... I hope a generic version is offered right away."

Vanity · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2018

"So the initial price got me looking the other way and silly me, I ended up spending more thinking I knew more than my doctor. Listen up rosacea sufferers - TRY THIS! I have spent nearly 3 years trying to find other solutions and nada. One tiny application, one time, I already see results. One tube should last for a very long time (I mean years). So it is worth the money to save yourself from being embarrassed."

Stephie Coz February 9, 2018

"I was suffering with really bad rosacea flare up for almost a year. New dermatologist gave me Finacea foam in addition to metrogel to use twice a day. After 4 months, there was only such a small improvement and I was continuing to get pustules on my cheeks daily. I ultimately got off of the Finacea and am now in metrogel and another topical cream which works so much better for me."

Steph rosace November 13, 2017

"My finacea gel has been a lifesaver. Before I started it I was on antibiotics for my rosacea. Those helped but not nearly as much finacea. It has made my face go from extremely red and filled with dots and bumps to smooth and almost regular skintone. I can finally go outside without makeup and not feel like an alien. Only side effect is that it makes my skin itch and burn a little after applying it. I solve this problem by using a moisturizer 5 minutes later. Oh, and one tube lasts forever!"

Phx October 6, 2017

"I’m using finacea for mild rosacea. The first week, it was mildly burning. By the 7th day, I could tell an enormous difference. My skin went from feeling rough to being very smooth. I have had friends make comments about my skin looking nice. I can tell a HUGE difference. I am very happy with the results. I’m hoping my skin will improve even more with longer use. Most of the postpustuals are gone & the red spots are a lighter pink now. My skin is smooth."

Loved the cream hate the foam June 8, 2017

"I used finacea cream for years but now had to switch to the foam. While the actual medicine is still working for me I have to say that the price of 175$ I would expect for the dispenser to work. I tried to exchange it but will not get any answer. I spend my morning on hold without ever even getting a person to talk to. The coupon line yes. But not Bayer. I just cannot endorse this product. Would love to give it 0 stars but the cream worked just no longer available. Big Pharma rip off!"

SpecialK9 June 7, 2017

"I've been on numerous topical and oral medications for acne. At one point, Solodyn and Doxycycline have been the only skin savors for me. My derma put me on several different topicals over the course of the last four years i.e. Ziana, Epiduo, Onexton, Retin-A, and Acanya. I've probably tried more but can't remember all of them. The last topical I was on was Epiduo until I found out that I was pregnant. My Dr quickly put me on Finacea since it is safe to use during pregnancy. I have to say, it's been 6 days using it morning and night and is the absolutely best topical I've tried. My skin is under control and past acne scars are fading. Really do love this stuff. Wish I tried it sooner!"

Axel81 · Taken for less than 1 month April 26, 2017

"I have been using this Finacea 15% gel from about a week, and posting here just because I am totally shocked for the price some of you are forced to pay for this product. I live in Italy and I bought this for 19€ (full price, no discount) and I thought "that's too much for a tube of gel". I feel sorry for you, they are extorting you, they are criminals.... Can't say anything about the gel yet... too soon for me, but I have acne problem on my skin."

RCIII · Taken for 10 years or more March 18, 2017

"Great results in reducing severe facial disfigurement and maintaining smooth and soft skin. Could not do without it. Now my insurance is harassing my doctor for prior authorization for a product that has been working great for me for over 10 years,"

ErinOV March 11, 2017

"Took a long time to see results and seemed to become less effective after 6 months. I'm headed back to the doctor to find other options."

SbtHouston · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 3, 2017

"When I found out the my Finacea Foam Rx was going to cost $275 I turned it down. Then I decided to buy a tube and see if it really worked. I was immediately impressed with the product. It not only clears up the burning and redness, but it also makes my skin more smooth and soft. On a Dec 2016 trip to France I asked a pharmacist if there was an equivalent in France. In fact, they had the exact same product in cream form instead of foam. And the price was only 30 Euro, I brought 4 tubes home to last me until my next trip to France. I swear by Finacea!"

Aussie Liz · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 7, 2016

"An absolute saviour for me. Rosacea pustules had been increasing in quantity and intensity - terrible. Discovered Finacea Gel - it's an over the counter pharmacy medication in Australia and at only AUS$ 26 worth a try. Not much impact for the first four weeks, in fact possible worse. I persisted. Now 8 weeks in and the results are amazing. Rosacea has really settled down, few pustules, red marks faded, and skin generally much better texture. Very highly recommended - but do be patient and persist!"

Dayle4c · Taken for less than 1 month November 27, 2016

"This review is for Finacea Foam. I visited a Dermatologist and discovered I have Rosacea. She prescribed Finacea Foam and gave me a small booklet to read. In the middle of the booklet it was mentioned that it is important to throw out anything left over 8 weeks after opening. Reason not given....wasteful for something that costs close to $300. I wasn't concerned about any redness in my skin, as it wasn't bad, but I was assured it would take care of the pimple-like bumps that had persisted for years. I tried it for two weeks and there was no improvement.....just got a little worse. It also dried out my skin, so had to use extra moisturizers. No terrible side effects, so rating it a 2. Wish I'd been able to get a sample to try out."

Lennox23 · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 15, 2016

"I have been using Finacea gel for the last 6 weeks and have seen amazing results. I had been recently diagnosed with a medium case of Rosacea but to me It felt like it was a serious case. Both cheeks and forehead were effected. My forehead and cheeks were at times very red and I became very aware of it.I use it twice a day and have also been given a course of Erythromycin tablets and I also use Zerobase moisturising cream.By using all of the mentioned items I have seen an incredible difference in my face and on occasions my face bears no redness as it used to . I saw some difference in about 10 days by using Finacea gel, and I cannot recommend it enough."

Lobstah · Taken for 10 years or more November 13, 2016

"I've been using Finacea on and off for many years!! When I was originally diagnosed with rosacea, the treatment was continuous tetracycline. A couple years later, it was my opthamologist who prescribed Finacea and the results were almost immediate. My usual course of treatment is a morning facial wash with a gentle cleaner and then a few dabs of Finacea smoothed into the affected areas. And then there are periods when I don't use it all until I begin to see the initial telltales signs. Recently and years later, I had a flare-up of rosacea-related acne on my cheeks, a new occurence. My dermatologist placed me on doxycycline and twice-a-day Finacea with excellent results in a matter of a few days. It's been like a cure for me."

vezame October 17, 2016

"I brought it from my country, the insurance does not cover this cream here. I only pay U$27 compared with almost U$400. Finacea is really work to me. I used to wear metroge(didn't work)l, taking a lot of antibiotic in the past. my dermatologic gave me some Finacea samples because it was expensive. I can not understand why all dermatologic problems are considered "cosmetology and insurance not cover them."

CoryT · Taken for 10 years or more October 5, 2016

"Been using for 10 years and has always kept my Rosacea at bay. It stings during the first week of use but definitely worth enduring that discomfort, the results are amazing! A tube now last me almost a year as it only takes a tiny bit of cream to maintain clear skin."

Learn more about Rosacea

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)