Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 8, 2020.
Generic name: AZELAIC ACID 0.15g in 1g
Dosage form: gel
- Cleanse affected area(s) using only very mild soaps or soapless cleansing lotion and pat dry with a soft towel before application of FINACEA Gel.
- Apply and gently massage a thin layer of FINACEA Gel into the affected areas on the face twice daily (morning and evening).
- Wash hands immediately following application of FINACEA Gel.
- Cosmetics may be applied after the application of FINACEA Gel has dried.
- Reassess the diagnosis if no improvement is observed upon completing 12 weeks of therapy.
- Avoid the use of occlusive dressings or wrappings.
- Instruct patients to avoid use of alcoholic cleansers, tinctures and astringents, abrasives and peeling agents.
- For topical use.
- Not for oral, ophthalmic or intravaginal use.
Frequently asked questions
- Can Finacea help with wrinkles or acne or aging?
- How long does it take for Finacea to work?
- How much does Finacea cost without insurance?
- How do you use Finacea foam?
More about Finacea (azelaic acid topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- 58 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: topical acne agents
- Patient Information
- Finacea Plus
- Finacea Plus Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Finacea Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Finacea (Azelaic Acid Foam)
- Finacea (Azelaic Acid Gel)
- Other brands
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.