Generic name: AZELAIC ACID 0.15g in 1g
Dosage form: gel
Medically reviewed on August 6, 2018.
- Apply and gently massage a thin layer of FINACEA Gel into the affected areas on the face twice daily (morning and evening).
- Use only very mild soaps or soapless cleansing lotion before application of FINACEA Gel.
- Cosmetics may be applied after the application of FINACEA Gel has dried.
- Avoid the use of occlusive dressings or wrappings.
- Instruct patients to avoid spicy foods, thermally hot foods and drinks, alcoholic beverages.
- Patients should be reassessed if no improvement is observed upon completing 12 weeks of therapy.
- Not for oral, ophthalmic or intravaginal use.
More about Finacea (azelaic acid topical)
- Finacea Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- 42 Reviews
- Drug class: topical acne agents
- Finacea Plus
- Finacea (Azelaic Acid Foam)
- Finacea (Azelaic Acid Gel)
- Finacea Plus Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Finacea Topical (Advanced Reading)
Other brands: Azelex