Generic name: AZELAIC ACID 0.15g in 1g
Dosage form: gel
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 19, 2018.
- Apply and gently massage a thin layer of FINACEA Gel into the affected areas on the face twice daily (morning and evening).
- Use only very mild soaps or soapless cleansing lotion before application of FINACEA Gel.
- Cosmetics may be applied after the application of FINACEA Gel has dried.
- Avoid the use of occlusive dressings or wrappings.
- Instruct patients to avoid spicy foods, thermally hot foods and drinks, alcoholic beverages.
- Patients should be reassessed if no improvement is observed upon completing 12 weeks of therapy.
- Not for oral, ophthalmic or intravaginal use.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Finacea (azelaic acid topical)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Pricing & Coupons
- 49 Reviews
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: topical acne agents
- FDA Alerts (1)
- Finacea Plus
- Finacea (Azelaic Acid Foam)
- Finacea (Azelaic Acid Gel)
- Finacea Plus Topical (Advanced Reading)
- Finacea Topical (Advanced Reading)
Other brands: Azelex