User Reviews for Finacea

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Finacea.

Rosacea
7.9

Summary of Finacea reviews 7.9 38 reviews

Reviews for Finacea

For Rosacea "My finacea gel has been a lifesaver. Before I started it I was on antibiotics for my rosacea. Those helped but not nearly as much finacea. It has made my face go from extremely red and filled with dots and bumps to smooth and almost regular skintone. I can finally go outside without makeup and not feel like an alien. Only side effect is that it makes my skin itch and burn a little after applying it. I solve this problem by using a moisturizer 5 minutes later. Oh, and one tube lasts forever!"

Steph rosace November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I’m using finacea for mild rosacea. The first week, it was mildly burning. By the 7th day, I could tell an enormous difference. My skin went from feeling rough to being very smooth. I have had friends make comments about my skin looking nice. I can tell a HUGE difference. I am very happy with the results. I’m hoping my skin will improve even more with longer use. Most of the postpustuals are gone & the red spots are a lighter pink now. My skin is smooth."

Phx October 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I used finacea cream for years but now had to switch to the foam. While the actual medicine is still working for me I have to say that the price of 175$ I would expect for the dispenser to work. I tried to exchange it but will not get any answer. I spend my morning on hold without ever even getting a person to talk to. The coupon line yes. But not Bayer. I just cannot endorse this product. Would love to give it 0 stars but the cream worked just no longer available. Big Pharma rip off!"

Loved the cream hate the foam June 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've been on numerous topical and oral medications for acne. At one point, Solodyn and Doxycycline have been the only skin savors for me. My derma put me on several different topicals over the course of the last four years i.e. Ziana, Epiduo, Onexton, Retin-A, and Acanya. I've probably tried more but can't remember all of them. The last topical I was on was Epiduo until I found out that I was pregnant. My Dr quickly put me on Finacea since it is safe to use during pregnancy. I have to say, it's been 6 days using it morning and night and is the absolutely best topical I've tried. My skin is under control and past acne scars are fading. Really do love this stuff. Wish I tried it sooner!"

SpecialK9 June 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I have been using this Finacea 15% gel from about a week, and posting here just because I am totally shocked for the price some of you are forced to pay for this product. I live in Italy and I bought this for 19€ (full price, no discount) and I thought "that's too much for a tube of gel". I feel sorry for you, they are extorting you, they are criminals.... Can't say anything about the gel yet... too soon for me, but I have acne problem on my skin."

Axel81 (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Great results in reducing severe facial disfigurement and maintaining smooth and soft skin. Could not do without it. Now my insurance is harassing my doctor for prior authorization for a product that has been working great for me for over 10 years,"

RCIII (taken for 10 years or more) March 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Took a long time to see results and seemed to become less effective after 6 months. I'm headed back to the doctor to find other options."

ErinOV March 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "When I found out the my Finacea Foam Rx was going to cost $275 I turned it down. Then I decided to buy a tube and see if it really worked. I was immediately impressed with the product. It not only clears up the burning and redness, but it also makes my skin more smooth and soft. On a Dec 2016 trip to France I asked a pharmacist if there was an equivalent in France. In fact, they had the exact same product in cream form instead of foam. And the price was only 30 Euro, I brought 4 tubes home to last me until my next trip to France. I swear by Finacea!"

SbtHouston (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "An absolute saviour for me. Rosacea pustules had been increasing in quantity and intensity - terrible. Discovered Finacea Gel - it's an over the counter pharmacy medication in Australia and at only AUS$ 26 worth a try. Not much impact for the first four weeks, in fact possible worse. I persisted. Now 8 weeks in and the results are amazing. Rosacea has really settled down, few pustules, red marks faded, and skin generally much better texture. Very highly recommended - but do be patient and persist!"

Aussie Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "This review is for Finacea Foam. I visited a Dermatologist and discovered I have Rosacea. She prescribed Finacea Foam and gave me a small booklet to read. In the middle of the booklet it was mentioned that it is important to throw out anything left over 8 weeks after opening. Reason not given....wasteful for something that costs close to $300. I wasn't concerned about any redness in my skin, as it wasn't bad, but I was assured it would take care of the pimple-like bumps that had persisted for years. I tried it for two weeks and there was no improvement.....just got a little worse. It also dried out my skin, so had to use extra moisturizers. No terrible side effects, so rating it a 2. Wish I'd been able to get a sample to try out."

Dayle4c (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I have been using Finacea gel for the last 6 weeks and have seen amazing results. I had been recently diagnosed with a medium case of Rosacea but to me It felt like it was a serious case. Both cheeks and forehead were effected. My forehead and cheeks were at times very red and I became very aware of it.I use it twice a day and have also been given a course of Erythromycin tablets and I also use Zerobase moisturising cream.By using all of the mentioned items I have seen an incredible difference in my face and on occasions my face bears no redness as it used to . I saw some difference in about 10 days by using Finacea gel, and I cannot recommend it enough."

Lennox23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've been using Finacea on and off for many years!! When I was originally diagnosed with rosacea, the treatment was continuous tetracycline. A couple years later, it was my opthamologist who prescribed Finacea and the results were almost immediate. My usual course of treatment is a morning facial wash with a gentle cleaner and then a few dabs of Finacea smoothed into the affected areas. And then there are periods when I don't use it all until I begin to see the initial telltales signs. Recently and years later, I had a flare-up of rosacea-related acne on my cheeks, a new occurence. My dermatologist placed me on doxycycline and twice-a-day Finacea with excellent results in a matter of a few days. It's been like a cure for me."

Lobstah (taken for 10 years or more) November 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I brought it from my country, the insurance does not cover this cream here. I only pay U$27 compared with almost U$400. Finacea is really work to me. I used to wear metroge(didn't work)l, taking a lot of antibiotic in the past. my dermatologic gave me some Finacea samples because it was expensive. I can not understand why all dermatologic problems are considered "cosmetology and insurance not cover them."

vezame October 17, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Been using for 10 years and has always kept my Rosacea at bay. It stings during the first week of use but definitely worth enduring that discomfort, the results are amazing! A tube now last me almost a year as it only takes a tiny bit of cream to maintain clear skin."

CoryT (taken for 10 years or more) October 5, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Finacea has worked great for my skin - it is the ONLY product that has taken anyway mostly all of the redness (cutting dairy out of my diet also helped immensely). I now do not wear any makeup other than mascara and a tinted moisturizer for SPF protection. Only thing is - the drug company is making this product almost impossible to afford. $275 every month? I know I certainly can't afford that. My dermo gave me a coupon for the first 10 bottles to be $175 but that is still killing me. I do not know how much longer I can reasonably buy it."

cate L. June 15, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Started working right away on the numerous colonies of pustules. Food was the cause then spices then alcohol. No. Lack of azelic acid. Obvious. Getting better and I am hopeful. I never had acne as a teen. Getting this rosacea in my early 50'S was frustrating and some of my skin got badly damaged by the pustules. Finacea seems to be correcting some of the damage."

Sea dubya (taken for less than 1 month) May 8, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Tiny amount goes a long way."

Chrisy2 May 2, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "Finacea is a miracle drug, but the key to perfect (most of the time) skin is adding a good moisturizer. I use a good skin moisturizer for rosacea. I have my beautiful, glowing skin back!!! It is all worth the money to me. If your skin is burning and red it is probably because you are not using the right moisturizer. Remember, people with rosacea need special moisturizers. Maybe find one made specifically for rosacea. Good luck!!"

Shan1524 February 18, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I have moderate Rosacea but enough where my entire face is pink/red. I started using this two months ago day and night and the redness has gone down minimally, but I've started to break out in deep red pimples on my cheeks. I stopped yesterday and the pimples seem to be clearing up a bit. Definitely wasn't worth it because I now have acne marks all over my face."

Nat1294 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've always had super clear skin then recently broke out in a really aggressive bit of Rosacea all over my chin and it was spreading-my confidence was out the window so I went to the doctors and she prescribed me with Finacea-at first it didn't do much and there were times it would flare up and I thought it was actually getting worse but I kept using it twice a day anyway and in the 3rd week it started clearing up more and more every day! I'm now in my 4th week using it and it is almost completely clear-it does take a little time to take effect but the results are so worth the persistence!"

Danni91 January 12, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I have been using Finacea gel for over a year, with very noticeable results. I apply in the morning and evening, after washing my face, and before applying moisturizer. I occasionally have some stinging and itching after application, and I have noticed this happens when my skin is starting to heal. It isn't bothersome, and I think the benefits outweigh the occasional slight discomfort."

Wheatens (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 16, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Finacea has worked wonders on my skin! As prescribed by my dermatologist, I use it once a day at night, after I wash my face and before I moisturize. I only need a pea-size amount of cover my whole face. In addition, I put on Acezone in morning (after washing and before moisturizing), and take a Doxycycline pill around dinner time, once a day. This combination of products has been a miracle! I went from having absolutely awful acne (so bad that I avoided going places for I was ashamed of my face) to clear skin in about 5 months! I didn't think it was possible that I could have clear skin. After countless drug store and beauty store products and prescribed creams such as Epiduo (which was awful), I have finally found my solution!"

niamhmc (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rosacea "I've had terrible bumps and sores on my face for years and was just diagnosed with rosacea. I was given Finacea and minocycline. I was told to use it 2X a day and after the 2nd day I saw some improvement but my the 6th day my face was started to look burned. By the 10th day the bumps were horrible and my face and neck seemed severely burned. My skins was dry and cracked, swollen in spots and very wrinkly looking. The doctor said to stop it, let it completely heal then start again using it once every 3 days and build back up. It's been two weeks off the cream. My face peeled like it was burned but is getting better. Neck is still bad. Saying all this I'll still try again. Just be very careful if you know you have sensitive skin."

GracieMaeGirl (taken for less than 1 month) July 27, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "I've been using this with doxycycline for about a month and a half and my skin has cleared up completely with the exception of some minor scarring. I put about a pea sized amount on at night and it goes on smoothly and doesn't leave a film or anything like some other topicals. Such a life saver!"

Becca1578 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Acne "Several years ago my husband died unexpectedly, and the shock, grief, and stress caused my skin to react violently. I developed hives, rashes, and cystic acne all over my face, back, and chest. My dermatologist put me on steroids and Minocyclin. Those prescriptions worked to clear up my skin conditions, but whenever I tried to get off the antibiotics, the acne would flare up horribly. Three years later, I am still on Minocyclin. I am trying to wean my system off the antibiotics by skipping a dose once a week, then twice a week, etc. Finacea to the rescue! I have been using Finacea for two weeks, and I noticed a significant improvement in my skin in just the first day. When my skin erupts, the Finacea fights back, reducing inflammation."

Finacea Fan July 12, 2015