How do you use Finacea foam?
- Finacea foam should be applied to clean dried skin.
- The smallest amount of foam necessary should be applied to the entire face.
- Make-up may be applied once the foam has dried, if desired.
Finacea is a prescription topical foam that contains 15% azelaic acid. It is FDA approved to treat redness (inflammation) and papules (raised areas of skin of around 1cm) and pustules (small bumps on the skin that contain fluid or pus) caused by mild to moderate rosacea.
It is a fragrance-free light foam that contains no alcohol. Finacea is applied twice daily and it is important to be consistent with the application of the foam, to ensure you get the best results from treatment.
Use Finacea sparingly; dispense only the smallest amount of foam necessary to adequately cover the affected areas of skin. To apply the foam follow these simple steps:
- Wash your face or the affected skin with water and soap-free cleansing lotion and pat dry with a soft towel. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to recommend a suitable cleanser for people with rosacea.
- Shake Finacea foam well.
- Apply a thin layer of foam to the entire face including cheeks, chin, forehead, and nose.
- Do not cover the affected area with any dressings or wrappings.
- Once the foam has dried, you may apply make-up.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after you have finished applying the foam.
Finacea (azelaic acid topical) LEO Pharma Inc.https://www.drugs.com/pro/finacea.html
Related medical questions
- What are the most common skin conditions? (with photos)
- Can Finacea help with wrinkles or acne or aging?
- How long does it take for Finacea to work?
- How much does Finacea cost without insurance?