User Reviews for Azelaic acid

8.1

Rosacea

Summary of Azelaic acid reviews 8.1 82 reviews

Reviews for Azelaic acid

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "I discovered finacea in Australia on vacation. There the gel is available over the counter for $30. Coming back to the US and seeing the $300 price tag, I started researching Canada online drugs. Cost $36."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2018

Azelex (azelaic acid) for Acne: "It is too expensive... but it works great!!"

Palmbabee (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2018

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "I really like how this product performs! I received a sample from my doctor, my blemishes are clearing up and the redness is gone! However, it is not covered by my insurance. A months supply would be $304.00! Even with a discount card the cost was over $200.00. I cannot justify spending that much money on blemishes each month. :/ The patent is due to expire in Nov 2018...... I hope a generic version is offered right away."

ericah (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "So the initial price got me looking the other way and silly me, I ended up spending more thinking I knew more than my doctor. Listen up rosacea sufferers - TRY THIS! I have spent nearly 3 years trying to find other solutions and nada. One tiny application, one time, I already see results. One tube should last for a very long time (I mean years). So it is worth the money to save yourself from being embarrassed."

Vanity (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Acne: "I have been using Finacea for one week so far. I have been struggling with cystic acne after getting off birth control. My breakouts are mainly on the bottom half of my face and I am getting reoccurring cystic acne on my chin (ouch!). My doc prescribed this because it is safe to take when pregnant. I have been using Finacea morning and evening and my acne has calmed down and has gotten less red. (I was also icing my cystic bumps in the evening for an hour when they were really inflamed and painful and that really helped!) I am still getting new white heads but haven't gotten a new cyst. Hopefully as I keep using Finacea both will continue to lessen. It does itch after you put it on. I try to wait a bit after washing my face before applying and use a moisturizer or serum with it and that helps. Even with insurance I had to pay $65 but when my skin is breaking out really bad I will pay good money for something that works. If your doctor prescribes this I would give it a try!"

BhamGirl (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2018

For Rosacea: "I've been using this for 4 days so far. I had an outbreak of acne rosacea to my temple which was unusual as I'd never had that before. It's a cluster of 4 spots. They have persisted over 8 weeks now and haven't gone away. I take Doxycycline at the moment which has previously helped. The spots receded during a week holiday in a sunnier climate but when I returned they came straight back. I was at a loss and found azeliac acid being discussed here and on another site. So far, the cream has done very well and the spots have gone right down. At this rate they will hopefully be gone completely in a short while. I'm very impressed with it so far and would certainly recommend trying this. It is on NHS prescription in UK."

Bunty May 14, 2018

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "I was suffering with really bad rosacea flare up for almost a year. New dermatologist gave me Finacea foam in addition to metrogel to use twice a day. After 4 months, there was only such a small improvement and I was continuing to get pustules on my cheeks daily. I ultimately got off of the Finacea and am now in metrogel and another topical cream which works so much better for me."

Stephie Coz February 9, 2018

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "My finacea gel has been a lifesaver. Before I started it I was on antibiotics for my rosacea. Those helped but not nearly as much finacea. It has made my face go from extremely red and filled with dots and bumps to smooth and almost regular skintone. I can finally go outside without makeup and not feel like an alien. Only side effect is that it makes my skin itch and burn a little after applying it. I solve this problem by using a moisturizer 5 minutes later. Oh, and one tube lasts forever!"

Steph rosace November 13, 2017

For Acne: "I had a really bad break out and my doctor prescribed and antibiotic(doxycycline), finacea gel and ziana. Finacea worked well, when I started using it was $40 with their coupon and after my insurance paid their part, then it went up to $80 a few months later, I was told the coupon was no longer available so my copay was higher then a few months later it was $160 copay and I couldn't afford it. Talk about big pharma greed!!! Now they have a foam version (I hate it) of the finecea instead of the gel that just came out and it's starting at $40 with my co-pay, I think I can see where this is going."

Black Spider-Man October 11, 2017

For Acne: "I was prescribed Finacea gel 15% roughly 2 years ago for my Acne and Perioral Dermatitis. It does absolute wonders to reduce the papules and pustules associated with PD. Sometimes I’ll stop using the finacea and it only takes my skin a week to start breaking out again with horrible puss filled demons. Using the Finacea consistently keeps these spots at bay but after using for a month straight I tend to get blackheads where I’ve applied the gel. For this I use Retin-A to increase my skin’s turnover. I apply the Finacea in the morning, with the retinoid at night. This combination leads to wonderful skin. Combine this with any Avène moisturizer and you’ll be well on your way to perfection."

Hanna77 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 11, 2017

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "I’m using finacea for mild rosacea. The first week, it was mildly burning. By the 7th day, I could tell an enormous difference. My skin went from feeling rough to being very smooth. I have had friends make comments about my skin looking nice. I can tell a HUGE difference. I am very happy with the results. I’m hoping my skin will improve even more with longer use. Most of the postpustuals are gone & the red spots are a lighter pink now. My skin is smooth."

Phx October 6, 2017

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "I used finacea cream for years but now had to switch to the foam. While the actual medicine is still working for me I have to say that the price of 175$ I would expect for the dispenser to work. I tried to exchange it but will not get any answer. I spend my morning on hold without ever even getting a person to talk to. The coupon line yes. But not Bayer. I just cannot endorse this product. Would love to give it 0 stars but the cream worked just no longer available. Big Pharma rip off!"

Loved the cream hate the foam June 8, 2017

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "I've been on numerous topical and oral medications for acne. At one point, Solodyn and Doxycycline have been the only skin savors for me. My derma put me on several different topicals over the course of the last four years i.e. Ziana, Epiduo, Onexton, Retin-A, and Acanya. I've probably tried more but can't remember all of them. The last topical I was on was Epiduo until I found out that I was pregnant. My Dr quickly put me on Finacea since it is safe to use during pregnancy. I have to say, it's been 6 days using it morning and night and is the absolutely best topical I've tried. My skin is under control and past acne scars are fading. Really do love this stuff. Wish I tried it sooner!"

SpecialK9 June 7, 2017

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "I have been using this Finacea 15% gel from about a week, and posting here just because I am totally shocked for the price some of you are forced to pay for this product. I live in Italy and I bought this for 19€ (full price, no discount) and I thought "that's too much for a tube of gel". I feel sorry for you, they are extorting you, they are criminals.... Can't say anything about the gel yet... too soon for me, but I have acne problem on my skin."

Axel81 (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

For Rosacea: "Finacea Rx for rosacea Love this! US price is a ripoff. Will buy in France I am 70 but my skin has never dried out. I like the Clinique Lotion #4 that is heavy duty salicylic acid. I sometimes use it instead of finacea. My skin looks lovely from the finacea. It's not just good for rosacea, but to exfoliate. I also use Sumadan wash with a clatisonic. I also have Seborrhea and use nizoral shampoo. Web derm and rosacea may go hand in hand. I don't overuse, as the product can be very drying."

Docmama (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 4, 2017

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "Great results in reducing severe facial disfigurement and maintaining smooth and soft skin. Could not do without it. Now my insurance is harassing my doctor for prior authorization for a product that has been working great for me for over 10 years,"

RCIII (taken for 10 years or more) March 18, 2017

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "Took a long time to see results and seemed to become less effective after 6 months. I'm headed back to the doctor to find other options."

ErinOV March 11, 2017

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "When I found out the my Finacea Foam Rx was going to cost $275 I turned it down. Then I decided to buy a tube and see if it really worked. I was immediately impressed with the product. It not only clears up the burning and redness, but it also makes my skin more smooth and soft. On a Dec 2016 trip to France I asked a pharmacist if there was an equivalent in France. In fact, they had the exact same product in cream form instead of foam. And the price was only 30 Euro, I brought 4 tubes home to last me until my next trip to France. I swear by Finacea!"

SbtHouston (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 3, 2017

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "An absolute saviour for me. Rosacea pustules had been increasing in quantity and intensity - terrible. Discovered Finacea Gel - it's an over the counter pharmacy medication in Australia and at only AUS$ 26 worth a try. Not much impact for the first four weeks, in fact possible worse. I persisted. Now 8 weeks in and the results are amazing. Rosacea has really settled down, few pustules, red marks faded, and skin generally much better texture. Very highly recommended - but do be patient and persist!"

Aussie Liz (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 7, 2016

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "This review is for Finacea Foam. I visited a Dermatologist and discovered I have Rosacea. She prescribed Finacea Foam and gave me a small booklet to read. In the middle of the booklet it was mentioned that it is important to throw out anything left over 8 weeks after opening. Reason not given....wasteful for something that costs close to $300. I wasn't concerned about any redness in my skin, as it wasn't bad, but I was assured it would take care of the pimple-like bumps that had persisted for years. I tried it for two weeks and there was no improvement.....just got a little worse. It also dried out my skin, so had to use extra moisturizers. No terrible side effects, so rating it a 2. Wish I'd been able to get a sample to try out."

Dayle4c (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2016

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "I have been using Finacea gel for the last 6 weeks and have seen amazing results. I had been recently diagnosed with a medium case of Rosacea but to me It felt like it was a serious case. Both cheeks and forehead were effected. My forehead and cheeks were at times very red and I became very aware of it.I use it twice a day and have also been given a course of Erythromycin tablets and I also use Zerobase moisturising cream.By using all of the mentioned items I have seen an incredible difference in my face and on occasions my face bears no redness as it used to . I saw some difference in about 10 days by using Finacea gel, and I cannot recommend it enough."

Lennox23 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2016

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "I've been using Finacea on and off for many years!! When I was originally diagnosed with rosacea, the treatment was continuous tetracycline. A couple years later, it was my opthamologist who prescribed Finacea and the results were almost immediate. My usual course of treatment is a morning facial wash with a gentle cleaner and then a few dabs of Finacea smoothed into the affected areas. And then there are periods when I don't use it all until I begin to see the initial telltales signs. Recently and years later, I had a flare-up of rosacea-related acne on my cheeks, a new occurence. My dermatologist placed me on doxycycline and twice-a-day Finacea with excellent results in a matter of a few days. It's been like a cure for me."

Lobstah (taken for 10 years or more) November 13, 2016

For Rosacea: "Used this for rosacea, which i thought was a shaving rash on my face. It immediately went far more red than before to the point where it was visible to others and on a larger area. I persisted and after a few days it was beginning to clear. The peeling is pretty severe and i seem to be flaking heavily everytime i rub my face. I will persist for another few weeks but it has definatley helped. Interesting to note that a tub of 15% 30g costs £8 on the NHS or £45 private wheras in the US it seems comparitely extortionate."

anon98798567 November 1, 2016

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "I brought it from my country, the insurance does not cover this cream here. I only pay U$27 compared with almost U$400. Finacea is really work to me. I used to wear metroge(didn't work)l, taking a lot of antibiotic in the past. my dermatologic gave me some Finacea samples because it was expensive. I can not understand why all dermatologic problems are considered "cosmetology and insurance not cover them."

vezame October 17, 2016

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: "Been using for 10 years and has always kept my Rosacea at bay. It stings during the first week of use but definitely worth enduring that discomfort, the results are amazing! A tube now last me almost a year as it only takes a tiny bit of cream to maintain clear skin."

CoryT (taken for 10 years or more) October 5, 2016