User Reviews for Azelaic acid topical

Acne
7.7

Reviews for Azelaic acid topical

Adult acne · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 29, 2020

Azelex (azelaic acid) for Acne: “I experience hormonal acne (now 45yo.). Only 1-2 will appear, but they are large, cystic like. After pregnancies, acne appeared on the thin skin under the eye area/upper cheek. Stress acne can appear back of neck or on my back. Not many, but a few large ones. And I do scar. I used Retin-A occasionally in past, but Azelex works the best for this type of acne for me. I apply it every other day to combat any potential mild burn, but daily during PMS. I don’t use Azelex on my entire face, just in prone areas or on spots where I could feel a bump is forming. I can usually stop it from growing! One tube will last me for an entire year. My skincare routine includes daily moisturizers and cycle AHA, Vit C and niaciminide throughout the week. If I had to only keep one thing, it would be Azelex. It keeps my cystic acne calm, so I won’t get that ice pick look. My insurance recently changed and this now cost over $400+...hoping it will be available as generic very soon.”

HJECG December 3, 2020

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “After a lifetime of clear skin, I began developing Rosacea at around age 50. I finally saw a dermatologist. She tried oral antibiotics, Metrogel, Soolantra, and OTC Differin. No results. Finally she prescribed a prescription-strength azaleic acid product (brand name Finecea, but I got the generic Rx). Within 2 weeks of daily use I saw significant improvement. By weeks 5-6 of daily use, I would estimate that 80% of my rosacea is gone, and my skin keeps improving. This has been like a miracle medication for me. I had given up hope that my red, ruddy, ageing skin would ever look this clear again. I will continue to use it daily because the results are so remarkable. Highly recommended. Worth every penny.”

:( · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2020

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “Finacea is the worst cream I have ever used. My face burned so much so I couldn't sleep or work or anything. It has been days since I last used it but it still burns like lava. I'm afraid permanent damage has been done :( Rosacea is tough as it is, this cream made it five times worse.”

Ruella · Taken for less than 1 month July 30, 2020

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “Oh Finacea where have you been all my life? I have been suffering from perioral dermatitis/rosacea on a background of pre-existing acne for the last 30 years! Retinoids just made everything horrifyingly worse! Oral contraceptives helped but I'm too old to take them now. So the last two days I started with Finacea gel at night and a)no irritation, b)bumps going down, c) redness going down. I feel like crying to think a topical could have solved my problem after decades of trial and error. It is still early days, so I will give an update at 3 months but right away I want to say wow......already a difference.”

Kate · Taken for less than 1 month December 27, 2019

For Acne: “I've tried 15-20 different acne tablets and creams, none of them I've found to be effective enough on my skin. Some would only work once my acne had appeared and some wouldn't work at all. Some burnt and bleached my skin and made it dry as anything. I've not been allowed on Roaccutane but I can 100% say Skinoren (azelaic acid) is better. I started using this on the 15th December and when I started I had 20+ spots, some small and some big and cystic. By Christmas Day, I had 2. The last ones are taking a little longer to heal as they were the big cystic ones. The good thing with this product is that it is prescribed for rosacea as well. So any redness and scarring are drastically reduced too. I know I shouldn't but I can't stop touching my forehead, it's not been spot free for over 6 years. This doesn't burn my skin and it doesn't make it dry. I'm absolutely amazed and fully recommend.”

Acne no more · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2014

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Acne: “27 yr old male and never had acne until a yr ago. Initially, I thought it was stress or something short term that would go away. It never went away and the last yr I tried everything Imaginable: OTC acne meds, changed my diet numerous times; cut out all sugar, ate only organic food. Quit exercising to see if sweat was causing it. I did everything possible.I never had acne and could not figure out why at 26/27 it started. I finally went to the dermatologist and was put on Retin A, this made my acne 20x worse. Gave me cystic acne everywhere. I used it for over a month but could not take it anymore. Luckily my mom had Finacea. Within a day I saw results and within a week it was all gone. My face is perfect. I wish I had more room to say how great it is.”

Farmer · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2020

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “YALL! I have tried everything for my rosacea such as Orecea, Soolantra, Metro gel, and organic creams. Finacea and 100 mg of Doxy is the ONLY thing that helped with the redness! it made my skin smooth and even and helped with my acne! I was about to resort to the cosmetic laser procedure and now I can save some money!”

Cindyoha · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 20, 2013

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “Amazing product! I woke up one morning with red bumps all over my cheeks. It took me 3 months to figure out it was Rosacea. After spending $1200.00 on IPL treatments only to realize my skin looked great for about 2 weeks then back came the redness and bumps. The dermatologist kept saying it will improve after the capillaries are gone. (Yeah right). Nothing but lost hope and money. Then decided to try Metrogel, a sample given to me. Made me extremely red and irritated. This point I was so depressed thinking there was no hope. Decided to try the last sample the dermatologist have me, it was Finacea. Yay! Within hours bumps & redness gone. Miracle cream...7 years & still using... Love it.”

niamhmc · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 31, 2015

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Acne: “Finacea has worked wonders on my skin! As prescribed by my dermatologist, I use it once a day at night, after I wash my face and before I moisturize. I only need a pea-size amount of cover my whole face. In addition, I put on Acezone in morning (after washing and before moisturizing), and take a Doxycycline pill around dinner time, once a day. This combination of products has been a miracle! I went from having absolutely awful acne (so bad that I avoided going places for I was ashamed of my face) to clear skin in about 5 months! I didn't think it was possible that I could have clear skin. After countless drug store and beauty store products and prescribed creams such as Epiduo (which was awful), I have finally found my solution!”

Redfaced chic April 23, 2019

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “I started using this a fortnight ago and I am very impressed! My rosacea was triggered by the birth of my first child, I used metrogel with good results for approximately 4 years. After my 2nd child metrogel was no longer effective. I have struggled for 4 years, resorting to tetralysal when things got really bad. In between my skin was red, with constant small pustules that take over my cheeks and nose. Make-up was difficult as the skin texture was rough and it would slide off and look scaly and patchy. The doctor suggested I try Finacea have used this it 2 weeks and for the 1st time in years my skin is spot free! The texture of my skin has completely changed and is now smooth and soft. I still have some redness, but it’s mostly from previous spots and is like scaring which is starting to fade. Make-up sits on my skin much better now and wear off more naturally, and I don’t have to wear so much!! I also feel like it’s reduced some of my fine lines!! Amazing!”

TatiRa July 5, 2013

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “I had rosacea for few years, was using Metrogel - didn't see any results. Recently me dermatologist prescribed me Oracea and Finacea - I loved this combination. Now I am getting compliments, how great my skin looks. This is funny - I am not getting used to that. Having finally great skin at 53 years old. Finacea renews your skin, it does not dry you. Love it !”

Observer · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 9, 2019

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “I had my 1st breakout of Rosacea some 18 years ago it cleared quickly after a month course of Oxytetracycline - by some miracle I had nothing since until recently when I was re-diagnosed by my Doctor - I was put on Lymecycline but this did not help - upon researching options I came across Azelaic Acid - basically this is Finacea it has cleared my redness and has really worked for me - For people that have to pay for their medication ( I see prices of $175+ for Finacea) you can get The Ordinary Azelaic Acid Suspension 10% 30ml it costs only £6 in the UK - OK it is 10% as opposed to Finacea's 15% but it worked for me.”

Sea dubya · Taken for less than 1 month May 8, 2016

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “Started working right away on the numerous colonies of pustules. Food was the cause then spices then alcohol. No. Lack of azelic acid. Obvious. Getting better and I am hopeful. I never had acne as a teen. Getting this rosacea in my early 50'S was frustrating and some of my skin got badly damaged by the pustules. Finacea seems to be correcting some of the damage.”

Nanyc · Taken for less than 1 month April 17, 2019

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “Finacea is the only medication that has helped my rosacea. I was starting to get into phase 2 with pimples. I was constantly asked by strangers if I was having an allergic reaction. I started using this in combination with the La Roche Posay Toleriane cleanser and their double repair moisturizer with SPF 30 during the day and Rosaliac at night. Within a week my face completely changed. I could not be happier. All products are safe during pregnancy too.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2014

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “This recently became over counter here so I thought I'd give it a go. I have suffered rosacea badly for near on 10yrs, as did my mother from her late 20's into her mid 50's. Nothing I have tried before has worked. This is day 4, and already my bumps are gone, my redness has reduced and my skin feels smooth, not dry and flaky. Only negative so far is it makes me itch and my skin feel tight for about half hr after application. My usual unscented baby sorbolene seems to help with that though. So far so good, hoping to see big results.”

Wheatens · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 16, 2015

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “I have been using Finacea gel for over a year, with very noticeable results. I apply in the morning and evening, after washing my face, and before applying moisturizer. I occasionally have some stinging and itching after application, and I have noticed this happens when my skin is starting to heal. It isn't bothersome, and I think the benefits outweigh the occasional slight discomfort.”

Jane · Taken for less than 1 month August 16, 2019

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “Although in my 70's I suffered from an irritating red and pimply rash mainly around chin and mouth area. Over many years have tried all sorts of remedies but non really worked. Within a couple of days of using finacea I could see a marked improvement. I know only use the cream occasionally If I find the rash returning and it keeps it at bay. Fantastic result and only wish I had discovered it years ago.”

cdn55 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 26, 2019

For Acne: “I cannot recommend this medicine enough. I had acne for nearly 20 years and I have been acne-free since beginning to use this product over a year ago now. I actually get compliments on my complexion— compliments!!! I never thought I’d see the day. I use this in combo with a sodium sulfacetamide wash twice daily and only wish I had discovered this combo sooner. My acne took such a toll on my self esteem and now, at age 31, I finally have the complexion I was always jealous of in others. So grateful.”

unsatisfied user · Taken for less than 1 month August 3, 2019

Azelex (azelaic acid) for Acne: “After struggling with acne, my dermatologist prescribed me Azelex 20%, and advised that I apply it twice a day and to mix it with moisturizer because it tends to dry out skin. After 3 days, it completely ruined my skin. Even after using *so much* moisturizer, it would burn my face and itch. After 2 days I figured I should keep giving it a chance. However on the 3rd day my face was just completely ruined. I woke up and my face was unbelievably DRY. My face formed wrinkles and I looked like an elder. Not to mention, my skin was peeling everywhere. It left dark patches of hyperpigmentation around my mouth, nose, and forehead. I was left with my face in a worse condition than when I started using Azelex. I don't know what to do know, I think it left me with a chemical burn or something of the sort. Now I'm left using homemade remedies to try to salvage all that I can.”

Tiffanyc11 December 5, 2013

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Acne: “I have struggled with acne in my adult life for about a year now. It wasn't that bad, then significantly got worse over the past 6 months. I had huge cyst like pimples and some small ones around my chin mostly and my cheeks started getting bad as well. I tried every single product out there. I finally went to the dermatologist. Since I got pregnant a few months ago, my acne got even worse. The dermatologist told me all she could give me was Finacea. It's azelaic acid. Literally after 2 days, my pimples started to go down and the number of them started decreasing. It stings a bit and itches but it's a small price to pay.. This is a God send and I'm so happy I found it!”

Spritesdelights · Taken for less than 1 month April 5, 2015

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “I have been using this for about 3 weeks now. It not only makes my redness worse, but it burns (I can deal with tingling, but not severe burning) severely and causes me to break out in hives! I really need to find something else because the allergic reactions/side effects I'm having is worse than the redness was to start with. ”

cate L. June 15, 2016

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “Finacea has worked great for my skin - it is the ONLY product that has taken anyway mostly all of the redness (cutting dairy out of my diet also helped immensely). I now do not wear any makeup other than mascara and a tinted moisturizer for SPF protection. Only thing is - the drug company is making this product almost impossible to afford. $275 every month? I know I certainly can't afford that. My dermo gave me a coupon for the first 10 bottles to be $175 but that is still killing me. I do not know how much longer I can reasonably buy it.”

Shan1524 February 18, 2016

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “Finacea is a miracle drug, but the key to perfect (most of the time) skin is adding a good moisturizer. I use a good skin moisturizer for rosacea. I have my beautiful, glowing skin back!!! It is all worth the money to me. If your skin is burning and red it is probably because you are not using the right moisturizer. Remember, people with rosacea need special moisturizers. Maybe find one made specifically for rosacea. Good luck!!”

Anonymous October 31, 2011

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “I stopped by the chemist and had a chat, he suggested I try Finacea. This condition has been with me for more than 5 years - I am 37. Couldn't wait I put it on so I did so as soon as I got in the car - my face started to burn and itch! Oddly though in the mirror it was not as if my face was breaking out?! Ten minutes later the burning/itching stopped. Its been a week of morning and night routine and I could not be happier, its as if the condition has been completely cured plus I don't get the burning/itching any more when I put it on. I don't have red breakouts, even had a few drinks out the other night and no symptoms the next day!”

M · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 22, 2020

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “I have tried everything for my roscea, including antibiotics and even accutane, but this product is the only one that truly got rid of my acne. In fact, it seemed like it worked overnight. The seemingly small bottle of foam lasted about 7 months, and my skin stayed clear the whole time. I’m so glad my dermatologist recommended this product after diagnosing me with rosacea. However, I definitely can’t afford to continue buying it, so I’ve switched to cheaper azailic acid products. They don’t work as well, but still keep my skin looking healthy. I recommend trying this if you have rosacea, or sensitive skin in general. The only reason I’m not giving this product a 10/10 is because of its cost.”

Mild Roscea · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2013

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “Its my third night, 6th application and the results are significant. I have a mild textbook case of Rosacea but everything is relative. To me its terrible. I've been treating Rosacea like it was acne for years until I finally found a Dermatologist, who knows what she is doing. After 3 nights my face has cleared up dramatically and some of my pigmentation issues are getting better as well. So far, so good. Hopefully it will continue. I am going to have a LightPodNeo laser treatment as well to compliment the Finacea.. The Doctor recommended waiting until 6 weeks of the Finacea treatment was completed before having the laser treatment. She said laser can exacerbate the Rosacea if not done properly and at the right time.”

Daisy F May 28, 2014

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “This is the best medicine I've ever used for my medium Rosacea! I've been using it for 8 days and the change in my skin is amazing. The texture has gone smooth from bumpy and feels super. My skin is also much less red. This is a terrific product.”

Danni91 January 12, 2016

Finacea (azelaic acid) for Rosacea: “I've always had super clear skin then recently broke out in a really aggressive bit of Rosacea all over my chin and it was spreading-my confidence was out the window so I went to the doctors and she prescribed me with Finacea-at first it didn't do much and there were times it would flare up and I thought it was actually getting worse but I kept using it twice a day anyway and in the 3rd week it started clearing up more and more every day! I'm now in my 4th week using it and it is almost completely clear-it does take a little time to take effect but the results are so worth the persistence!”