Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jul 20, 2022.
Prevention of Chemotherapy-Induced Nausea and Vomiting
The recommended dosage of ALOXI injection for prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with HEC and MEC in adults and associated with emetogenic chemotherapy, including HEC in pediatric patients 1 month to less than 17 years of age is shown in Table 1.
|Age||Dose *||Infusion Time|
|Adults||0.25 mg as a single dose||Infuse over 30 seconds beginning approximately 30 minutes before the start of chemotherapy|
(1 month to less than 17 years)
|20 micrograms per kilogram (max 1.5 mg) as a single dose||Infuse over 15 minutes beginning approximately 30 minutes before the start of chemotherapy|
Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting
The recommended dosage of ALOXI injection in adults for PONV is 0.075 mg administered as a single intravenous dose over 10 seconds immediately before the induction of anesthesia.
Instructions for Intravenous Administration
- ALOXI injection is supplied ready for intravenous administration at a concentration of 0.05 mg/mL (50 mcg/mL).
- Do not mix ALOXI injection with other drugs.
- Flush the infusion line with normal saline before and after administration of ALOXI injection.
- Inspect ALOXI injection visually for particulate matter and discoloration before administration.
- Discard unused portion.
More about Aloxi (palonosetron)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Reviews (2)
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- Drug class: 5HT3 receptor antagonists
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.