Generic name: Lixisenatide 50ug in 1mL; Lixisenatide 100ug in 1mL
Dosage form: subcutaneous injection
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- The starting dose of ADLYXIN is 10 mcg subcutaneously once daily for 14 days.
- Increase the dose to the maintenance dose of 20 mcg once daily starting on Day 15.
Important Administration Instructions
- Instruct patients and caregivers on the preparation and use of the pen prior to first use of ADLYXIN. Training should include a practice injection.
- Inspect ADLYXIN visually before use. It should appear clear and colorless. Do not use ADLYXIN if particulate matter or coloration is seen.
- Administer ADLYXIN by subcutaneous injection in the abdomen, thigh or upper arm once daily.
- Rotate injections sites with each dose. Do not use the same site for each injection.
- Instruct patients to administer an injection of ADLYXIN within one hour before the first meal of the day preferably the same meal each day. If a dose is missed, administer ADLYXIN within one hour prior to the next meal.
- Instruct patients to protect the pen from light by keeping it in its original packaging and to discard pen 14 days after its first use.