Generic name: LIXISENATIDE 50ug in 1mL; LIXISENATIDE 100ug in 1mL
Dosage form: subcutaneous injection
Drug class: Incretin mimetics
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 17, 2022.
- The starting dose of ADLYXIN is 10 mcg subcutaneously once daily for 14 days.
- Increase the dose to the maintenance dose of 20 mcg once daily starting on Day 15.
Important Administration Instructions
- Instruct patients and caregivers on the preparation and use of the pen prior to first use of ADLYXIN. Training should include a practice injection.
- Inspect ADLYXIN visually before use. It should appear clear and colorless. Do not use ADLYXIN if particulate matter or coloration is seen.
- Administer ADLYXIN by subcutaneous injection in the abdomen, thigh or upper arm once daily.
- Rotate injections sites with each dose. Do not use the same site for each injection.
- Instruct patients to administer an injection of ADLYXIN within one hour before the first meal of the day preferably the same meal each day. If a dose is missed, administer ADLYXIN within one hour prior to the next meal.
Frequently asked questions
- Soliqua vs Lantus: What’s the difference between them?
- What is the difference between Soliqua and Xultophy?
- How often do you need to inject Adlyxin?
More about Adlyxin (lixisenatide)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: incretin mimetics
- FDA approval history
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.