Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jan 1, 2021.
Generic name: LIXISENATIDE 50ug in 1mL; LIXISENATIDE 100ug in 1mL
Dosage form: subcutaneous injection
- The starting dose of ADLYXIN is 10 mcg subcutaneously once daily for 14 days.
- Increase the dose to the maintenance dose of 20 mcg once daily starting on Day 15.
Important Administration Instructions
- Instruct patients and caregivers on the preparation and use of the pen prior to first use of ADLYXIN. Training should include a practice injection.
- Inspect ADLYXIN visually before use. It should appear clear and colorless. Do not use ADLYXIN if particulate matter or coloration is seen.
- Administer ADLYXIN by subcutaneous injection in the abdomen, thigh or upper arm once daily.
- Rotate injections sites with each dose. Do not use the same site for each injection.
- Instruct patients to administer an injection of ADLYXIN within one hour before the first meal of the day preferably the same meal each day. If a dose is missed, administer ADLYXIN within one hour prior to the next meal.
- Instruct patients to protect the pen from light by keeping it in its original packaging and to discard pen 14 days after its first use.
Frequently asked questions
More about Adlyxin (lixisenatide)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: incretin mimetics
- FDA Approval History
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.