How often do you need to inject Adlyxin?
Medically reviewed by N. France, BPharm. Last updated on March 2, 2021.
Adlyxin (lixisenatide) is injected once a day. Adlyxin is a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist that is used alongside diet and exercise to help improve blood sugar levels (glycemic control) in adults with type 2 diabetes.
Adlyxin is injected under the skin (subcutaneously) using either a green or burgundy prefilled pen. Both pens contain 14 pre-set doses of Adlyxin. The green pen provides Adlyxin 10 mcg per dose, while the burgundy pen provides Adlyxin 20 mcg per dose. When treatment is started, the green pen is used for the first 14 days before switching to the burgundy pen.
Adlyxin is injected into the abdomen, thigh or upper arm. It should be injected at the same time each day and within one hour before the first meal of the day.
- Adlyxin website. Available from: https://www.adlyxin.com/. [Accessed March 2, 2021].
Related Medical Questions
- What is the difference between Soliqua and Xultophy?
- Can you take Ibuprofen if you have COVID-19 (coronavirus)?
- Can vitamin C prevent or treat COVID-19 (coronavirus)?
- Basaglar and Lantus - What is the difference between them?
- How to avoid yeast infections on Jardiance?
- How many doses are in an Ozempic pen?
- How long does it take for Ozempic to work?
- Does Jardiance cause weight loss?
- When is the best time to take Januvia?
- How long does it take for Jardiance to work?
- Does Trulicity cause weight loss?
- Where and how should Ozempic be injected?
- How long does it take for Rybelsus to start working?
- Does Ozempic need to be refrigerated?
- Does Rybelsus help with weight loss?
- Does Januvia cause weight gain or loss?