Aqua-Ban (pamabrom) Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with Aqua-Ban (pamabrom):
Pamabrom (applies to Aqua-Ban) hypokalemia
Moderate Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility.
The use of pamabrom (a theobromine derivative) has been associated with the renal elimination of potassium due to its diuretic effects. Therapy with pamabrom should be administered cautiously in patients with hypokalemia.
- "Product Information. Lozol (indapamide)." Rhone-Poulenc Rorer, Collegeville, PA.
- "Product Information. Minizide (prazosin-polythiazide)." Pfizer US Pharmaceuticals, New York, NY.
- "Product Information. Enduron (methyclothiazide)." Abbott Pharmaceutical, Abbott Park, IL.
- "Product Information. Exna (benzthiazide)." Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, Philadelphia, PA.
- Niemeyer C, Hasenfub G, Wais U, et al "Pharmacokinetics of hydrochlorothiazide in relation to renal function." Eur J Clin Pharmacol 24 (1983): 661-5
- "Product Information. Thalitone (chlorthalidone)." Monarch Pharmaceuticals Inc, Bristol, TN.
- "Product Information. Diucardin (hydroflumethiazide)." Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, Philadelphia, PA.
Aqua-Ban (pamabrom) drug interactions
There are 18 drug interactions with Aqua-Ban (pamabrom)
More about Aqua-Ban (pamabrom)
- Side Effects
- Imprints, Shape & Color Data
- Drug Interactions
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous diuretics
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No interaction information available.|
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.