Inocor I V (inamrinone) Disease Interactions
There is 1 disease interaction with Inocor I V (inamrinone):
Milrinone (Includes Inocor I V) ↔ arrhythmias
Severe Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility. Applies to: Arrhythmias
The use of milrinone both intravenously and orally has been associated with increased frequency of ventricular arrhythmias, including nonsustained ventricular tachycardia. Long-term oral use has been associated with an increased risk of sudden death. Hence, patients receiving milrinone should be observed closely with the use of continuous electrocardiographic monitoring to allow the prompt detection and management of ventricular arrhythmias.
- Packer M, Medina N, Yushak M "Hemodynamic and clinical limitations of long-term inotropic therapy with amrinone in patients with severe chronic heart failure." Circulation 70 (1984): 1038-47
- Jelsema RD, Bhatia RK, Ganguly S "Use of intravenous amrinone in the short-term management of refractory heart failure in pregnancy." Obstet Gynecol 78 (1991): 935-6
- Mancini D, LeJemtel T, Sonnenblick E "Intravenous use of amrinone for the treatment of the failing heart." Am J Cardiol 56 (1985): b8-15
- Hasegawa R "Milrinone, a new agent for the treatment of congestive heart failure." Clin Pharm 5 (1986): 201-5
- DiBianco R, Shabetai R, Silverman BD, Leier CV, Benotti JR "Oral amrinone for the treatment of chronic congestive heart failure: results of a multicenter randomized double-blind and placebo- controlled withdrawal study." J Am Coll Cardiol 4 (1984): 855-66
- Bottorff MB, Rutledge DR, Pieper JA "Evaluation of intravenous amrinone: the first of a new class of positive inotropic agents with vasodilator properties." Pharmacotherapy 5 (1985): 227-37
- "Product Information. Primacor (milrinone)." Sanofi Winthrop Pharmaceuticals, New York, NY.
- Silverman B, Merrill A, Gerber L "Clinical effects and side effects of amrinone. A study of 24 patients with chronic congestive heart failure." Arch Intern Med 145 (1985): 825-9
- Ward A, Brogden RN, Heel RC, Speight TM, Avery GS "Amrinone: a preliminary review of its pharmacological properties and therapeutic use." Drugs 26 (1983): 468-502
Inocor I V (inamrinone) drug interactions
There are 18 drug interactions with Inocor I V (inamrinone)
More about Inocor I V (inamrinone)
- Inocor I V Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: inotropic agents
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.